Why is Big Hero Six not in Epcot???

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
I am watching Big Hero Six again with my daughter and for the life of me, I cannot understand why this movie is not represented in Epcot. If you have not seen it, the film focuses on innovation, robotics, healthcare, and emerging technologies. It could totally take over innovations with robotic exhibits and a thrill ride of some kind. It also did $600 million at the box office. Thoughts? Should this be at Epcot with a focus on robotics and innovation?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am watching Big Hero Six again with my daughter and for the life of me, I cannot understand why this movie is not represented in Epcot. If you have not seen it, the film focuses on innovation, robotics, healthcare, and emerging technologies. It could totally take over innovations with robotic exhibits and a thrill ride of some kind. It also did $600 million at the box office. Thoughts? Should this be at Epcot with a focus on robotics and innovation?

Because it makes far to much sense to be in Epcot. ;)

Otterhead

Should this be at Epcot with a focus on robotics and innovation?
Before it came out, it was represented briefly in Innoventions, and I can definitely see something about robotics and inventions with an Big Hero 6 theme working really well. Maybe if the new cartoon does well we'll see more.

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
BH6 no more belongs in EPCOT for featuring tech stuff than Snow White belongs in DAK for featuring forest animals.

Haha clever, but I think it is a little diffrent. Thematically BH6 deals with topics of innovation and technology and how technology can improve the lives of others (with a super hero overlay). That is more than just a movie with some cute animals in it at parts.

I get it- many people do not want to see more IP in Epcot and feel that adding IP ruins the original intent of Epcot. Personally, I am fine with IP being added when it fits. Guardians replacing Ellen? Does not make sense to me but this film feels like a no brainer. But to each their own opinion.

Thanks for your persepctive :)

Cmdr_Crimson

You Are aware that Baymax is doing Meet & Greets......IN Epcot....Right?
epcot-character-spot-baymax-1.jpg

Character-Spot_Full_26237.jpg

Mickey1968

I think it would be cool if they set up Innoventions like it was the science fair in the movie with different medical related innovations showcased like prosthetics, or laser surgery, etc. As to being a "vehicle for brands," well that is exactly what EPCOT was when it started. Every single ride, exhibit and pavilion was sponsored by a major brand. Most still are but it is not as front and center as it used to be.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think it would be cool if they set up Innoventions like it was the science fair in the movie with different medical related innovations showcased like prosthetics, or laser surgery, etc. As to being a "vehicle for brands," well that is exactly what EPCOT was when it started. Every single ride, exhibit and pavilion was sponsored by a major brand. Most still are but it is not as front and center as it used to be.

Innoventions in Epcot94 was basically that...Check out Martins Tribute...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Innoventions in Epcot94 was basically that...Check out Martins Tribute...

I still remember that one day I had at Epcot back in 1994, I was 3 years old, remember every little bit and still look back at it as one of the top 20 best days of my entire life along with the 3 other times I visited before 1999. Don't see how they could kill that concept because it was that great its obvious I'm not the only one.

lazyboy97o

Haha clever, but I think it is a little diffrent. Thematically BH6 deals with topics of innovation and technology and how technology can improve the lives of others (with a super hero overlay). That is more than just a movie with some cute animals in it at parts.
But you didn't ask about innovation and technology, you asked about Big Hero 6. That means innovation and technology are secondary; they are not the focus or subject of what would be included.

Kman101

I think people need to look a little past their "IP = Negative/Awful/Should Never Happen". This is one property that would actually work in the park. It's a little different than just shoving in an IP and forcing it to work .... Characters aren't always a bad thing if used correctly. I understand wanting Epcot pure. I do too, but some character/IP integration that makes sense and fits isn't the worst thing. Figment's a character. He just happened to be created for Epcot. It would be viewed differently if Baymax were designed for Epcot and not in a movie so let's think about that one ...

BigRedDad

Disney would do very well by having a Rare Character M&G. Innovations East and West are fairly useless attractions at this point. They only thing they really offer is a place for little kids to run around and escape from the sun/heat. It would not be difficult to carve out some of that space for BH6 and others.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney would do very well by having a Rare Character M&G. Innovations East and West are fairly useless attractions at this point. They only thing they really offer is a place for little kids to run around and escape from the sun/heat. It would not be difficult to carve out some of that space for BH6 and others.

You Are aware that Baymax is doing Meet & Greets......IN Epcot....Right?
epcot-character-spot-baymax-1.jpg

Character-Spot_Full_26237.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom