Why don't they sell that?

KCheatle

Original Poster
Have you ever thought, "Why doesn't Disney sell _______?" For example, l am a big fan of candles and scented lotions and things. For whatever reason, familiar scents have just always been something that I find comfort in. So, I've wondered for a long time - why don't they make a Soarin' candle? Like a three-scent layered candle with the pine smell, orange smell, and ocean smell?

And, on that same note, I often wonder why they don't have park- or resort-specific scents? Like a candle the same scent as the Confectionary, the Wilderness Lodge, the Polynesian?

And, of course, it doesn't have to be candles per se, but room sprays or something that automatically take you back to that place.

What things have you thought of?

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm just gonna leave this here...
080df64cab08689a8cd5d888f650ccef.jpg

JIMINYCR

Theres a world full of merchandise I could list that Disney's missing out on. My Disney savings budget would be quadrupled if I had to save for all the things I would buy.... if only they were offered.

Cans of BEVERLY. I'd love to bring some 6 packs of Beverly home and watch my "never been to Disney" friends take a swig.

Another:
Model sets/ dioramas of some of the more popular Disney attractions, buildings, park areas. Those Olszewski scale models are great but can be very expensive.

epcotisbest

Theres a world full of merchandise I could list that Disney's missing out on. My Disney savings budget would be quadrupled if I had to save for all the things I would buy.... if only they were offered.

Cans of BEVERLY. I'd love to bring some 6 packs of Beverly home and watch my "never been to Disney" friends take a swig.

Another:
Model sets/ dioramas of some of the more popular Disney attractions, buildings, park areas. Those Olszewski scale models are great but can be very expensive.
Yes, I have often wished for a quality model of the castle and maybe SSE that is about the same scale and much better detailed than the monorail toy set pieces, yet are reasonably priced. Surely they would be good sellers.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes, I have often wished for a quality model of the castle and maybe SSE that is about the same scale and much better detailed than the monorail toy set pieces, yet are reasonably priced. Surely they would be good sellers.

Closest thing to that is the 2000 SSE Keepsake...The Ball is removable from it's base and can open up to keep stuff inside..Mines to hold my Magic bands and park tickets...Shown here with my Monorail toy for scale..
DSC00090.jpg

Victor Kelly

Another:

You.......You are just EVIL! I like it.

Disney4family

Clear backpacks, clear f@nny packs and stroller covers.

More attraction/ride specific merchandise, monorail merchandise and more resort specific merchandise. As far as the attraction merchandise - more kid shirts. My son loves some of the Splash! shirts, but the only cool ones are for adults. We found the same thing with Muppets shirts.

Cmdr_Crimson

My husband just added - dining specific merchandise. He said he would have fun wearing a Peco's Bill shirt, etc.

There was a great site called Mousestreet USA that had every attraction,resort & Misc shirt out there..But, it closed down a year ago...

One other thing I hoped they would have continued was the Mascot Figure Set...However they only released the Fab Five and stopped. Luckily I was able to get all of them..
DSC02419_zpstaamwyz3.jpg

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

I would certainly stand in line for a candle with the Grand Floridian lobby fragrance.
I could swear I've seen that from the link I'm posting below. Contact and ask?

ooooh, just imagining a Soarin' scented house here. I think I would be over my baggage allowance on the flight home if I could get those candles!!!!!
I got my friend one from here! Smells exactly like
https://www.etsy.com/shop/WalterRosieCandleCo?section_id=all&page=2

mousehockey37

I'd love for them to have a variety of t-shirts that aren't blue. It's partially a preference thing, but it just seems that every design of shirt I've liked recently is blue (shade doesn't matter, blue is blue, lol).

I'd 2nd the idea of the monorail stuff (I'd love to be able to buy just the toy monorail itself without accumulating miles and miles of track). Have the different resorts and park playsets (and have them built out of decent material so they don't fall apart).

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff they made at one point but then corporate decided to shift focus and left merchandise in the dust and we now have the generic stuff that finds its way to the local Disney Outlet Stores. Sadly, when I was down last year, I did some shopping in the parks but I took our off morning before the MNSSHP (which was our last full day in FL) and went to DTD and basically got 95% of my stuff. That's how generalized a lot of it is, it's mostly at DTD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom