Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Seriously, Hollywood Studios is shrinking, they might as well close it down and use the money in other parks, there nothing to do there. Now with backlot tour gone there is only 4 rides left and not much more else to do.

It is a rather lackluster half day park. I wish they would, and put somethng useful there. Perhaps some sort of watershed project would be nice.

The only thing I would miss is Writers Stop. But I can grab a muffin and coffee anywhere else on property.

Spike-in-Berlin

Seriously, Hollywood Studios is shrinking, they might as well close it down and use the money in other parks, there nothing to do there. Now with backlot tour gone there is only 4 rides left and not much more else to do.

I don't consider Backlot Tour a great loss, it was a mediocre experience anyway (never really liked Catastrophe Canyon, they should have built the volcano with the lava monster instead, THAT would have made it worth the long ride time) and even more embarrassing after they closed down the studios, making it actually a "Closed Studios Backlot Tour". I hope they will use the space, and the addional space of the neighboring and terribly boring LMA, to finally make DHS a first class experience with either Carsland DHS or Star Wars Land or something of that magnitude. And even if they only close down the Backlot tour without building something new in the next years, I am not that sad about it, it was not only dated but anachronistic in a park that has no studios any longer,

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Frozen sequel?
Has this been confirmed or are you making stuff up?

I read in a trade magazine talk of a sequel. Why not - how many Transformers are there? And this is a billion $$$ movie. Let's see - a M&G that had to be moved to MK because of demand. And then "required" a new standby procedure because of demand. A summer event extended because of demand. A change to a classic fireworks because of popularity. Taking over the space of an existing ride in an irrelevant country because of popularity. Umm, nah, why do a sequel....

FutureCEO

I read in a trade magazine talk of a sequel. Why not - how many Transformers are there? And this is a billion $$$ movie. Let's see - a M&G that had to be moved to MK because of demand. And then "required" a new standby procedure because of demand. A summer event extended because of demand. A change to a classic fireworks because of popularity. Taking over the space of an existing ride in an irrelevant country because of popularity. Umm, nah, why do a sequel....

I saw Frozen twice on DVD. Never again unless this hoopla dies down. Frozen this and Frozen that, Frozen songs on the radio.....it's like AHHH get me away.

danpam1024

It is a "empty" park in many ways. But it has a ton of potential still :)

What would be interesting (and very controversial) was if they closed it to refurb and expand the entire park. I know they never would but if they closed it for 12-18 months and reopened that would be sweet!

Well as long as I was not going during those 12-18 months :(
Disney doesn't get ANYTHING done in 12-18 months ;)

FutureCEO

Good movie. Not great. Not sure how it made a billion plus. As for the 'hoopla', it gets annoying to the point where you don't want anything to do with it.

toasty

Obviously, DHS isn't going to permanently close, but if it meant that it got its impending DCA-style makeover done quicker, I'd be game for shutting it down for a while so they can focus upon construction without guests in the way. Several things have already closed, and the rumor mill would suggest that GMR and LMA aren't far behind. Going to be tough to justify spending time over there if things keep up on this pace, because I have to assume that the few things that are open -- which are pretty much all E and D ticket attractions -- will be overrun with people...

MagicHappens1971

Great movie Ride is definitely next to close, the backlot tour closes saturday, american idol closed. Im assuming Animation Courtyard will be closed entirely by next year.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

But think, if it weren't for Frozen Summer, what would the attendance have been this summer? Especially with the announced closings? When I can ride Star Tours four times in a row - none were fast passes - with only a 10 minute standby time each ride - you know what 10 minutes means, the time it takes you to walk from the entrance to go stand in line - what does that tell you? And it was Labor Day weekend, to boot.

The first time I went to WDW by myself, the ONLY ride I did the entire time was Star Tours - and as many times as I could before the standby time got over 30 minutes.

I was actually there labor day weekend aswell, and the wait times were ridiculously short, not many attractions are going to survive through next year in my opinion.

MagicHappens1971

Disney has announced that all 4 parks will be getting a starbucks, and will have one by next year. (The parks that don't already have a starbucks, so that's what some of the construction is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom