Why doesn't EFG and HP:TFJ Have Express Passes?

keegaan

Original Poster
These are obviously going to be very popular rides since they are new, so why don't they support express passes. I don't want to wait an hour for a ride... But I also have waited so long to go on them.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
These are obviously going to be very popular rides since they are new, so why don't they support express passes. I don't want to wait an hour for a ride... But I also have waited so long to go on them.
If they had express passes the line might not move for SB at all. If possible go during a down time of the year. the lines right now should be pretty short way under an hour. I went in Feb a few years ago and waited 20 min for FJ.

keegaan

Original Poster
If they had express passes the line might not move for SB at all. If possible go during a down time of the year. the lines right now should be pretty short way under an hour. I went in Feb a few years ago and waited 20 min for FJ.
What would you say about April? It's during Spring Break so I'm sure it's going to be crowded.

Eckert

What would you say about April? It's during Spring Break so I'm sure it's going to be crowded.
Oh yeah it'll be crowded. Your best bet is to do Gringotts first thing in the morning and Forbidden Journey sometime in the last hours of the day. If you have express, those will be the only two rides you'll really have to dedicate some time to.

Eckert

When I was there not long ago FJ had a bigger line. The FJ line didn't seem to go down the whole time we were in that park.

For what it's worth, I'll say that I have a lot of personal experience with the FJ building and I can tell you that the last hour of the day is when the castle is as empty as it'll be, unless it's the high point of peak season.

cheezbat

They're both worth the hour wait.

Be glad it's not like Disney where they screw up all the lines with FP+ or the standby lines would be 4 hours and the FP+ line would be an hour. Having only one line streamlines the waits...keeps things moving.

I was there on day one for both lands and rides and dealt with super long waits. The past few months the longest I've had to wait was 45-60 minutes. Not bad. I'd also suggest the single rider line if you aren't going with a group, or if you want to re-ride.

BrianV

Do the standy line at least once for both. Then do the single rider for then on. We did the single rider line first time at gringotts and missed the story line.

Eckert

Do the standy line at least once for both. Then do the single rider for then on. We did the single rider line first time at gringotts and missed the story line.
And another great way of learning the Forbidden Journey story line without waiting in the standby line is doing a "castle tour". Ask for one outside and they'll point you in the right direction. The castle tour is a self guided tour, and the rooms it goes through are sort of the major rooms of the castle.

A lot of people can easily miss the story being fed to you at FJ because once you're inside the castle you're just trying to get on the ride already!

BrianV

And another great way of learning the Forbidden Journey story line without waiting in the standby line is doing a "castle tour". Ask for one outside and they'll point you in the right direction. The castle tour is a self guided tour, and the rooms it goes through are sort of the major rooms of the castle.

A lot of people can easily miss the story being fed to you at FJ because once you're inside the castle you're just trying to get on the ride already!

Great point. When we went with our kids they were too scared to go on the ride. So we did the castle tour and they were so happy. You can take your time and see almost everything inside. (We'd already done the ride and were fine with skipping to enjoy the castle with them. We went back again without them and did the rides again.)

Eckert

Great point. When we went with our kids they were too scared to go on the ride. So we did the castle tour and they were so happy. You can take your time and see almost everything inside. (We'd already done the ride and were fine with skipping to enjoy the castle with them. We went back again without them and did the rides again.)
It really is a great option! The line you get sent through for the castle tour is always empty, so when guests are sent through I always recommend that they take as much as they want in it.

It's a shame Gringotts doesn't have a bank tour option because it would definitely be something that guests love, but with the way the queue is set up it's very unlikely that it'll happen because it'll interfere with operation of the ride.

fosse76

Both rides have queues in place for Express Pass, however they are not in use. If you ask for the castle tour at Forbidden Journey, you are simply walking through the Express Pass queue. That queue has a separate portrait area and skips one or two artifacts, but it parallels the standby queue for most of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom