Why does Disney hate foreigners?

Matt_Black

This whole concept of life having to be fair all the time under all circumstances for everyone is utter crap IMO. Ot is behind a number of the problems we have today in our society. Life's not fair. Who did not learn that early on?

I've noticed that the people who most often trot out the "Life's not fair; deal with it" bit are often those who benefit from unfairness.

BigTxEars

I've noticed that the people who most often trot out the "Life's not fair; deal with it" bit are often those who benefit from unfairness.

And I have noticed that those that think that life should be "fair" are most often those who are envious of what others have thru luck, hard work or thru the grace of God.

Both of our observations are about as accurate I would guess :)

But like I said nobody on a Disney theme park forum has much room to complain about how life is unfair to begin with IMO. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hey, you guys want everything. You already have a Queen and a very long, if not distorted, line of Princes and real Princesses. We don't have any of that. (unless you count rock stars and diva's)
We took in Justin Bieber. That's more then enough sacrifice.

:hilarious:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I order tea from BC every couple of months - costs me close to $10 in shipping AND I have to sign for it. It's tea, for goodness sakes.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
I am still waiting on my AP car sticker!!

Well, I'm on my third one. They don't last but a couple of months - someone needs to tell Disney there is UV film that needs to be applied to the top. After 4-5 months, the design is peeling away from the magnet. Disney, I'm going to be due for another one in 5 months, hint, hint.

LAKid53

Premium Member
:eek:

Oh, you poor, deprived American...

The world's most perfect food and you know nothing of it? Canada needs to annex your country and immediately revamp and improve your food services vindustry and education system! :cautious:

;)

Poutine:

Poutine.JPG

I've just lost my appetite.....

The US should have taken the Canadian territories when offered by the British....but then JB would be a U.S. citizen...horrors! ;)

I actually like Canada. My parents did an annual pilgrimage to BC. Like the U.S., but saner. And the major source of U.S. imported oil, btw. So be nice to Canada. Except for hockey.

gitchard

As someone else said, it all comes down to customs laws. Every country has different custom laws for importing items. For shipping free stuff outside the US, the paper work would become a nightmare for every country plus trying to keep up with changes in all the laws that happen on a regular basis.

The would need a team of lawyers just to ship MB outside the US. Better just to have you pick them up when you get here.

No telling what other issues could come up with the Mickey Monitor in other countries with advertising laws.

DrewmanS

As stated already, it has to do with shipping.
Shipping, Import/export laws, Canadian or Foreign Taxes, inefficiencies of foreign post offices, etc.

I worked for a small company that had an office in US and Canada. Sending anything in the mail between the two offices other than letters was a huge hassle. If paperwork was not filled out properly, packages would be held at the border or customs would require fees/taxes.

In the US, a letter or small package can be sent 1st class to almost anywhere in the US in 3-4 days. If it crosses the boarder to Canada it can take 7-10 days longer. If you use FedEx or UPS, the rates go up drastically and it will still take an additional day or two at the border.

If you purchase something in the US and it is delivered to Canada (or even a "free" gift) it is subject to GST tax. If you pick it up in the US, there is no tax until you take it across the border. It is then up to you to report it to customs and pay any taxes.

TRONorail12

I have an annual pass to Busch Gardens and Sea World. I don't get any "swag" on a yearly basis. As in "swag", I'm referring to a magnet and a magazine that has less information than this website. People need to stop feeling they are entitled to stuff. Regardless of what theme park you have an annual pass to, you have a DISCOUNTED TICKET. THAT IS THE REASON YOU BOUGHT THE ANNUAL PASS. The only reason Disney sends out those magnets to US Passholders is to advertise Disney World for free on the back of your car! It's pure marketing genius on Disney's part! As far as other countries goes... it's already been addressed. Shipping outside the United States is ridiculous! I own a small business and we had to discontinue foreign orders because shipping increased so much to the point that it was cutting into profits.

Laura

Premium Member
delivering some of the stuff on an AP holders' next visit could be an option. All they would need is an email notice that they should visit GR on their next visit, present the email and collect "X" as Disney's gift to them for their patronage.

The most reasonable suggestion in the entire thread, completely overlooked, because it's easier to reply to this discussion with the brilliant revelation that "it costs more to ship to Canada".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom