Why do people defend Disney's snack prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFans4Life

Disney charges increasingly ludicrous prices for things like water, and cheeseburgers. Why do people continue to pay those prices? And in some cases defend Disney's pricing policies?

I know we are a captive audience when we are on property, but does Disney need to milk every single penny out of us? And what makes people so happy that they do it? Thanks Disney for charging me an 57 billion percent markup!!!!
No one forces you to go to Disney, you do that by choice. When you're at Disney, no one is forcing you to purchase their snacks; plan accordingly and bring in whatever snacks and drinks you want. If you're unhappy with what Disney is doing, simply don't go or contribute your money to them.

It's so easy for all the negative folks on here to sit behind their screens and complain about what Disney is doing and how bad they are, yet I'd be willing to bet they're there at rope drop and sitting on the curb an hour early for the parade.

I get that this is a discussion board to discuss both sides of a topic, but lately it's like Disney can't do anything right and it's a horrible place to visit. It's real simple...if you don't like what they're doing...simply don't go. Complaining about it on an internet forum isn't going to accomplish anything and if you write a letter to them saying they're charging too much or the cost doesn't justify the experience, they're just going to stuff your letter into a fireworks canon and shoot it over Cinderella Castle.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I get that this is a discussion board to discuss both sides of a topic, but lately it's like Disney can't do anything right and it's a horrible place to visit. It's real simple...if you don't like what they're doing...simply don't go. Complaining about it on an internet forum isn't going to accomplish anything and if you write a letter to them saying they're charging too much or the cost doesn't justify the experience, they're just going to stuff your letter into a fireworks canon and shoot it over Cinderella Castle.
Conversely, if you don't like the moaning, don't moan about it :D

DisneyFans4Life

Conversely, if you don't like the moaning, don't moan about it :D
You are 100% right Marni. That's why the mods created an ignore button apparently. Though I've yet to use it.

Though with all the negativity that we see daily in the news...you'd think you'd get a little relief on a Disney forum...

njDizFan

No one forces you to go to Disney, you do that by choice. When you're at Disney, no one is forcing you to purchase their snacks; plan accordingly and bring in whatever snacks and drinks you want. If you're unhappy with what Disney is doing, simply don't go or contribute your money to them.

It's so easy for all the negative folks on here to sit behind their screens and complain about what Disney is doing and how bad they are, yet I'd be willing to bet they're there at rope drop and sitting on the curb an hour early for the parade.

The love it or leave it arguement...classic

How about, we are true fans and would like them to live up to their own core values and maybe even have some foresight. Guest satisfaction and delivering top notch themed entertainment seemed to work for TWDC for a few decades.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Because Disney snacks are just that more gosh darn delicious that I am willing to sell a kidney for them.

DisneyFans4Life

The love it or leave it arguement...classic

How about, we are true fans and would like them to live up to their own core values and maybe even have some foresight. Guest satisfaction and delivering top notch themed entertainment seemed to work for TWDC for a few decades.
Whether or not you feel they are delivering a top notch product as compared to decades ago is anyone's opinion. I'm also happy that you're a true fan, as am I, but I choose to focus on the good and how special Disney still is. If you're unhappy with something...why would you continue to invest time and money into it? If I ever got to the point where I was unhappy with Disney, I would simply stop going; I guess I just don't see the point in spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on something that doesn't make you happy. To each their own.

Chef Mickey

I think my point might be, being missed. The idea that someone, @Chef Mickey started no less then 4 threads in the past couple days to complain about complainers and or randomly praise something Disney is doing that's been criticized here is, in a word, dumb.

My thread is attempting to illustrate that point.

Also, unless folks are participating in profit sharing, there is literally no reason to defend the Disney price structure.
1) It's a discussion board. I don't think discussing the current events at Disney is dumb, but there are other threads to read if you do.
2) I just got back from WDW, so I have a lot to say. I'm not "randomly" praising Disney. I'm discussing my experience and opinion.
3) Many of my threads/posts have been liked and discussed at length, so others might not feel the same way you do.
4) I am a Disney shareholder, so pricing is very relevant to me. It's also relevant from a park crowd perspective.
5) It's fun to discuss, even when people disagree...that's why we are here.
6) I've started 3 threads in the last few days, not 4.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Take it from someone who was part of more unnecessary arguments on this thread than I'd care to admit - it's OK to let this one go. It doesn't illustrate your point so much as make you look petty. And I know from petty.

I expect everyone to know me, but you're probably right, it may come off petty if you don't know me. There's the argument that makes it funnier though.

Because Disney snacks are just that more gosh darn delicious that I am willing to sell a kidney for them.

Ah, nailed it! I'd punch a small child for the chance to pay $8.99 for a cream cheese pretzel!

jloucks

Disney charges increasingly ludicrous prices for things like water, and cheeseburgers. Why do people continue to pay those prices? And in some cases defend Disney's pricing policies?

I know we are a captive audience when we are on property, but does Disney need to milk every single penny out of us? And what makes people so happy that they do it? Thanks Disney for charging me an 57 billion percent markup!!!!

Because they can afford them

Because our society is built on capitalism

Yes, see capitalism

That society capitalism thing

jloucks

I think my point might be, being missed. The idea that someone, @Chef Mickey started no less then 4 threads in the past couple days to complain about complainers and or randomly praise something Disney is doing that's been criticized here is, in a word, dumb.

My thread is attempting to illustrate that point.

Also, unless folks are participating in profit sharing, there is literally no reason to defend the Disney price structure.
Except capitalism. You know, our foundation n stuff.

danyoung56

Look, do I think Disney prices for snacks are too high? Of course. Am I gonna gripe about it? No. Am I gonna shell out $3 for a bottle of water when I'm thirsty? You betcha.

I can complain all day about Disney's high prices. But if I want to enjoy their product, I'm gonna have to pay what they're asking. That is, until the point when it's no longer worth it to me. And they are nowhere near that price point yet.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
But I thought that most people agreed that Disney is of a higher standard than those other brands?
Well, then they should be charging a lot more then. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are considered "better' brands than Kia and Chevy, and they charge a LOT more for their cars that perform the exact same function. Since Disney is better than Six Flags and Cedar Point, they should charge a lot more for their food, but they don't. Their prices are very similar to other parks, and actually cheaper than some.

flynnibus

Premium Member

And in your world.. how does Disney evaluate customer sentiment? Or how do you share it with the company? Keep going in and out of the park gates hoping to be picked by the survey crews?

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you're unhappy with something...why would you continue to invest time and money into it? If I ever got to the point where I was unhappy with Disney, I would simply stop going; I guess I just don't see the point in spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on something that doesn't make you happy. To each their own.

Because to many people Disney is not just a business they patronize.. but a company and product they are passionate about and want to succeed and continue to produce content and experiences of the quality and type that caused them to be so passionate about the company in the first place.

Disney is not the same as your local convenience store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom