Why do people defend Disney's snack prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Disney charges increasingly ludicrous prices for things like water, and cheeseburgers. Why do people continue to pay those prices? And in some cases defend Disney's pricing policies?

I know we are a captive audience when we are on property, but does Disney need to milk every single penny out of us? And what makes people so happy that they do it? Thanks Disney for charging me an 57 billion percent markup!!!!

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney charges increasingly ludicrous prices for things like water, and cheeseburgers. Why do people continue to pay those prices? And in some cases defend Disney's pricing policies?

I know we are a captive audience when we are on property, but does Disney need to milk every single penny out of us? And what makes people so happy that they do it? Thanks Disney for charging me an 57 billion percent markup!!!!

Ongoing discussion here...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...o-much-with-snack-prices.912851/#post-7203547

JIMINYCR

Why ? Because when they are in the park they want to eat & drink and at the time they pay for whats available, at the cost that its available. Had they planned differently they could have saved themselves the cost.
Why defend? Because they are offering a response to a comment that they feel they can justify.
And I dont think they are necessarily happy that Disney does it, but realize thats the way businesses survive. Disneys profits pale in comparison with other corporations. Its a free market to deal in, comments about Disneys way of doing business wont change anything. Every company I buy from has markups and I choose to deal with them or go elsewhere. Disney has no responsibility or restrictions to have every item on property low cost so you can vacation for a minor cost.

DManRightHere

image.png

slappy magoo

This is a new subject. Obviously. Read the thread title.
Of course, because whenever a thread is started, no one ever takes the opposing viewpoint of the person who started the thread. Every opinion must have its own thread. Otherwise a discussion might take place.

I'm going to start a thread called "why are some people neutral on Disney snack prices?" You know. Just to be thorough.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Of course, because whenever a thread is started, no one ever takes the opposing viewpoint of the person who started the thread. Every opinion must have its own thread. Otherwise a discussion might take place.

I'm going to start a thread called "why are some people neutral on Disney snack prices?" You know. Just to be thorough.

Great idea! I don't see how my thread or your future thread is any dumber then the original.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Well, you may want to look closer, then.
I think my point might be, being missed. The idea that someone, @Chef Mickey started no less then 4 threads in the past couple days to complain about complainers and or randomly praise something Disney is doing that's been criticized here is, in a word, dumb.

My thread is attempting to illustrate that point.

Also, unless folks are participating in profit sharing, there is literally no reason to defend the Disney price structure.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think my point might be, being missed. The idea that someone, @Chef Mickey started no less then 4 threads in the past couple days to complain about complainers and or randomly praise something Disney is doing that's been criticized here is, in a word, dumb.

Also, unless folks are participating in profit sharing, there is literally no reason to defend the Disney price structure.
Unless they find it as utterly magical as anything else....

slappy magoo

Take it from someone who was part of more unnecessary arguments on this thread than I'd care to admit - it's OK to let this one go. It doesn't illustrate your point so much as make you look petty. And I know from petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom