Why did my thread get deleted?

French Quarter

Just to answer a few points raised in this thread.

1. We do allow links to other websites. In fact, you will find thousands of them across the posts on the site.

2. There are a handful of sites that are blocked from having active links on here for varying reasons, less than 5.

3. It is often difficult to send messages about moderation actions due to time constraints. A lot of moderating is done quickly and in less than ideal circumstances - such as standing in line in a supermarket or in the middle of the night when half asleep. Ideally it would be nice to message every user involved in a moderation case, but it isn't possible.

4. I think we have a great moderation balance here of allowing a lot of content to be discussed without being shut down, yet maintaining common decency across the forums. If you find any posts objectionable, please use the report feature - it helps highlight problem areas for us to look at closer. Some of you in this thread who are complaining about lack of moderation have never reported a post.

Thank you for this. I was pretty sure we could mention other websites as I see it happen all the time. Back to my rule-abiding posting now...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As the mods have stated, they really do not have time to send a note to every member who has a thread or a post deleted. What you can do is start a conversation with a mod if you are confused or have concerns. Just go up top where it says "Inbox" and click "Start a new conversation". They are always helpful, but you have to take the initiative.

I actually did start a conversation with The Mom several months back to clarify just this. I've been a member several years now and many of us still stumble sometimes. My post had been edited because I had a link to a sight that was on 'the list' that someone reported to the moderators. It wasn't a bad sight just one of those Disney sights I should not have linked too. My error. Ooops! That was The Mom's explanation when she answered my question in the private conversation.

I've seen things that I just know some member is going to report. Rather than report the post I have instead sent a conversation to the member with a heads up FYI regarding the post in question. It has always been well received, the members are receptive I've found and helping a fellow member without reporting them and sparing the moderators one more thing to do is a win for all of us. Unlike the moderators that have a lot on their plates sometimes if we can just nicely help other members it goes a long way.

PorterRedkey

Just to answer a few points raised in this thread.

1. We do allow links to other websites. In fact, you will find thousands of them across the posts on the site.

2. There are a handful of sites that are blocked from having active links on here for varying reasons, less than 5.

3. It is often difficult to send messages about moderation actions due to time constraints. A lot of moderating is done quickly and in less than ideal circumstances - such as standing in line in a supermarket or in the middle of the night when half asleep. Ideally it would be nice to message every user involved in a moderation case, but it isn't possible.

4. I think we have a great moderation balance here of allowing a lot of content to be discussed without being shut down, yet maintaining common decency across the forums. If you find any posts objectionable, please use the report feature - it helps highlight problem areas for us to look at closer. Some of you in this thread who are complaining about lack of moderation have never reported a post.

I always try to cite the information I post and link to it, because I want to give the proper credit. I don't think it is fair for me to use the information without acknowledging the source. I know there are a few insiders here who take offense when they post on WDWMAGIC and are not sourced when their information is spread on other sites. So I thought I was doing the right thing. Not trying to promote, just give credit.

I just want to follow the rules. Could you PM me the banned sites, so I won't post them? I have found out the hard way that Tom C's site is blocked.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and I think you do a great job for a FREE site. Keep up the good work.

Cyberman

I created a thread in animation about a Disney book that has just come out. It ws awaiting moderatin, it has since beendeleted. I don't know why as an explanation was denied I posted it again in case it was a mistake.
Looking at this thread things are tight about promoting things, but how are we to discuss products available if such discussions are not allowed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I created a thread in animation about a Disney book that has just come out. It ws awaiting moderatin, it has since beendeleted. I don't know why as an explanation was denied I posted it again in case it was a mistake.
Looking at this thread things are tight about promoting things, but how are we to discuss products available if such discussions are not allowed.
We don't allow people to sell their own products on the site.

More info here:
Terms and Rules

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom