Why did my thread get deleted?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic
I won't say anymore on the topic.. it's your ship.. but I think the technical/time points are just excuses... not constraints.

Not an excuse, people were asking about it, so I provided some explanations, whether you use choose to believe those or not is up to you.

The HOA forum that you manage has something like 3 or 4 posts per day, it is extremely easy to moderate in that volume. If you were dealing with 1000s of posts a day you would perhaps see things differently.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I feel the moderator don't get involved unless you report something talk about lazy. I got into a huge argument on this site over a fake or doctored picture or was it how google earth did it and it got real ugly when I reported to a moderator (MOM) I saw a post from her insulting me an supporting the other guy and not taking the postings down or anything. Also is it possible to delete an account on this site. I asked (MOM) same moderator she no just to use my account.

This site is probably one of the worse site as far as people being sarcastic and mean and just don't right rude of all Disney fan sites I go to. Nice conversation quickly turn ugly here.
I seriously doubt you were insulated by a moderator - @The Mom is extremely fair and moderates very responsibly, and has been a valued moderator here for many years.

It sounds like you are perhaps looking for a site that is very strictly moderated, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I feel the moderator don't get involved unless you report something talk about lazy. I got into a huge argument on this site over a fake or doctored picture or was it how google earth did it and it got real ugly when I reported to a moderator (MOM) I saw a post from her insulting me an supporting the other guy and not taking the postings down or anything. Also is it possible to delete an account on this site. I asked (MOM) same moderator she no just to use my account.

This site is probably one of the worse site as far as people being sarcastic and mean and just don't right rude of all Disney fan sites I go to. Nice conversation quickly turn ugly here.
image.jpeg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not an excuse, people were asking about it, so I provided some explanations, whether you use choose to believe those or not is up to you.

The HOA forum that you manage has something like 3 or 4 posts per day, it is extremely easy to moderate in that volume. If you were dealing with 1000s of posts a day you would perhaps see things differently.
That's just the one I "own" - not the only place I've "worked" ;)

The Mom

Premium Member

As to your remark about being lazy - there are over 10,000 posts a day. I do not get any compensation for being a moderator - strictly a voluntary hobby. I also have a life. Steve has a business to run that has nothing to do with this website. So we do not check every thread every day. 90% of our posters are mature, rational adults who just want to share information and have a little fun, and don't cause any problems. The majority also think that a loosely moderated forum is more interesting than a tightly moderated one, but understand that some people just can't behave, and Steve and I can't be everywhere, so have no problem with policing themselves and hitting the report button. If a post or thread is deleted, it means that we (the mods) are not the only ones who have a problem with it. But the complaint is reviewed, and many times we do not agree with the person reporting a thread/post, so do not intervene.

Which is what happened in your case. You were the only one having a problem with the original post. It was clearly a joke to 99% of the other posters in the thread. You were the only one who didn't get it, which apparently made you angry. I deleted the posts insulting you, but also advised you that it was just a joke, and to lighten up. And grow a thicker skin if you wanted to play on the internet - which you considered an insult rather than advice. My statement still stands.

I told you that I didn't have a magical "delete my account" button, short of banning you. I again gave you advice to disable any tools that would alert you to things on the forum (such as follow thread, conversations, etc) and to never post ,log in, or read here again. Voila', problem solved. And to then lose your password. Not only did you not follow my advice back then, you apparently had to purposely sign in because of the new security!

I thought you had taken my advice and looked for a different site, but apparently not. My suggestion still stands.

And 99% of the time I AM polite and fair. But I'm still human, and can get a little testy.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I've used this before with you. Guess it didn't take.

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
I think he's just asking, and I totally agree with this, but if your thread or post gets deleted, there should at least be some kind of inbox message stating why it was removed. All social media platforms do this, and it would be nice to know. Repeated thread, promotions, vulgar posts, etc. a simple explanation to go with it, instead of being left in the dark...I'm all for that!
That was my point. I didn't know why and was not told why. Like you said, a simple note would suffice.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That was my point. I didn't know why and was not told why. Like you said, a simple note would suffice.

It's weird you even care. Your silly post, one of millions of posts on this forum, got deleted. Who cares? You weren't curing cancer, you were posting dopey thoughts tangentially about Walt Disney World. I've had lots of posts deleted I think. Mostly I wouldn't even know about it because I don't go back and check to see if they are still there.

StarWarsGirl

As the mods have stated, they really do not have time to send a note to every member who has a thread or a post deleted. What you can do is start a conversation with a mod if you are confused or have concerns. Just go up top where it says "Inbox" and click "Start a new conversation". They are always helpful, but you have to take the initiative.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
As the mods have stated, they really do not have time to send a note to every member who has a thread or a post deleted. What you can do is start a conversation with a mod if you are confused or have concerns. Just go up top where it says "Inbox" and click "Start a new conversation". They are always helpful, but you have to take the initiative.
Or, don't be an L, and just let it go. A dopey post got deleted. Keep Moving Forward.

French Quarter

Breaking the rules, intentional or not, is breaking the rules.

I guess, to me, I find the rules vague around this (and a few other things too) and I am glad that the OP asked the question. Isn't there a difference between promoting a site and mentioning it? (And I'm not commenting on this situation because I know nothing about it and it's not up to me.)

French Quarter

Oh Indeed, but when an issue like this arises first port of call would be check the Ts and Cs.

Plus the fact it's free means - perhaps even moreso - abide by the providers rules.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with the rules. I'm not. Just asking for clarification so we'll know for next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom