Why did my thread get deleted?

WDWVolFan

Original Poster
I posted a thread about two podcasts I follow about WDW and got one reply and now that thread is gone. Why?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Good grief I wasn't trying to promote them, I was asking who here are fans of it.
How come other sites and apps are OK to be discussed around here?
Many aren't....

And as Martin suggested, always best to check with the moderators first.

Goofyernmost

Many aren't....

And as Martin suggested, always best to check with the moderators first.
Although that is good advice, I really feel that if a moderator is going to delete someones post, they should, at the very least, tell them why. They have the right to have whatever they want on this board, but, not everyone knows the rules in the fine tuned sense.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Although that is good advice, I really feel that if a moderator is going to delete someones post, they should, at the very least, tell them why. They have the right to have whatever they want on this board, but, not everyone knows the rules in the fine tuned sense.
The mods don't owe us anything....

NowInc

Slippery slope. Even tho you may not have been personally promoting anything, if your post is allowed than others will start popping up WITH personal agenda. Sadly the size of this site/forum makes it a prime target for such things :(

Goofyernmost

The mods don't owe us anything....
I know that, but, unless someone knows why they were deleted, it can easily be repeated, innocently. And I disagree, the mods are busy people and they do have a lot of area to cover, but, when something as drastic as a deleted thread happens, it seems that a simple "Promoting another site is prohibited" would be a service that would promote good customer service and not just dismiss it as, if they want to know they can always start another thread asking why and then we can delete that too. It just courtesy and good public relations. I'm not bad mouthing the mods, I am merely suggesting that there might be a better way.

Nemo14

The way to handle this is not to start another thread asking why. The terms and rules specifically say 10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

I have always thought the moderators on this site have their own secret agenda nine times out of ten they don't seem to care whats going on. You could be mean rude and even make crude jokes and no moderator will stop you.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I have always thought the moderators on this site have their own secret agenda nine times out of ten they don't seem to care whats going on. You could be mean rude and even make crude jokes and no moderator will stop you.

Until everyone goes "why is this thread still open" after getting their opinions in lol

Nemo14

The mods here do an awesome job, but they can't read every post in every thread every day. So if a post offends you please hit the report button to call their attention to it. I've done that a number of times.

Lucky

Their secret agenda of promoting rudeness on the internet seems to be working. I've noticed people being a little rude on one or two other sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom