Why Can't It Just Be Easy?

KCheatle

Well, this makes 3 trips in a row now that the week leading up to the trip is crazy chaotic!

3 years ago, my DH got the flu (I told him to get the shot, but nooooo, he didn't need it:grumpy:). So, he was down for the count for like 5-6 days, and we seriously considered postponing the whole trip. Luckily, he was better like the day before we left. But, it made me crazy stressed not knowing if I could pack, and then having to pack all on my own for all 4 of us because, even on the mend, he really couldn't contribute much.

Last year, I got an ear infection like 10 days before we left. Trying to be proactive, I went and got on antibiotics. Unfortunately, they ended up giving me a stomach ulcer! That meant I couldn't drink caffeine, and since I'm addicted to caffeine, I got migraines from the withdrawal! So, the week before (and even during the beginning of) that trip was miserable.

We leave in 4 days for WDW. Thankfully, no one's sick (knock on wood). But, I have had 2 trials in the last 5 days! Statistically, the odds of that happening are like none. I have 1 trial every year on average. So, to have 2 in 5 days is crazy! And, I'll be in my office til midnight tonight getting ready! Plus, I just found out my AC is not working!!!

Why oh why can't I just have a peaceful week before a WDW trip?

Anyone else have crazy stressful pre-trip weeks???

SagamoreBeach

It's stress. Stress lowers your immune system and leaves you wide open for everything that comes along. Evenif that doesn't happen, the stress compromises your ability to deal with those things that just happen in life. I remember getting so sick a week or two before every major vacation. I finally gave it over and decided to let the chips fall where they may and I haven't been pre-vacation sick in a long time. Did I forget something...so be it. Did I forget to lock the front door? Well, I'll just replace everything when I get back.
Take Joy in the Little Things!!
-T

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Yep I get it. Timing is everything in life and sometimes it just isn't on your side. The month of our upcoming trip, we have two weddings, one of which I am in, and a short business trip as well. I hope you at least have a great, relaxing trip!!

Upvote 0

MDactor1980

I'm not a doctor... but I recommend Emergen-C or even Airborne from this point until the day after you arrive. It gives you a boost of energy for now, and boosts your immune system for all of the germs to come (especially if you are flying there). We swear by Emergen-C!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

That meant I couldn't drink caffeine, and since I'm addicted to caffeine, I got migraines from the withdrawal! So, the week before (and even during the beginning of) that trip was miserable.

I am like this with coke. If I do not have a fountain (not can or bottle) of coke by 1215pm everyday I am ruined for the rest of the day. My head hurts and I am in pain.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Yep I get it. Timing is everything in life and sometimes it just isn't on your side. The month of our upcoming trip, we have two weddings, one of which I am in, and a short business trip as well. I hope you at least have a great, relaxing trip!!

i have a crazy october - trip to disney, best friend's baby shower, and my brother's getting married! that means bachelor/bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and the wedding!

I'm not a doctor... but I recommend Emergen-C or even Airborne from this point until the day after you arrive. It gives you a boost of energy for now, and boosts your immune system for all of the germs to come (especially if you are flying there). We swear by Emergen-C!

before my recent diagnosis, i took zinc and vitamin c daily to boost my immune system. it worked very well and is cheap enough to do every day forever.

@KCheatle, i'm sorry it seems to nuts right before your trips. hopefully it calms down and everything goes smoothly!

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Original Poster
Could always be worse. At least you are not a defendant with two trials in 5 days. ;)

Ha! I actually used this today while I was down at trial! There was a bond hearing while we were on break, and the defendant came out in shackles and cuffs, and I told my client, "Well, it could be worse. You could be that guy." He got a chuckle out of that :)

Good news is: Trials are OVER and AC is WORKING!!! Now I get to be in full vacation mode and just get through tomorrow before I'm off Friday for a wedding and on the plane Saturday morning for WDW!!!!!!! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom