1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are DVC resales almost never cheaper when buying “bulk” points?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by HansGruber, Aug 9, 2017.

1. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

You misunderstood what you quoted. I wasn't saying 1-3 months was easy at all. I was saying that booking at 6 months is not as hard as some implied. I realize it wasn't worded the best but that wasn't what I was trying to say at all. I'll edit it to make it more clear.

Simply that yes you can book at 7 months but doing the 3-7 month isn't as impossible as some implies. Honestly though I love OKW and keep my points there so I can get the HH booking category. So I don't see staying there as a negative as I book there at 11 months to get what I want at times. Often AKL Kidani is available as well. I cannot tell you how many times my friend books AKL for spring break at like 3-4 months out. This year they waited until a couple months out and either had to move dates a little or go with SSR.

There are a lot of SSR owners who never intend to stay there which does muck it up more than any other resort out there. They have nearly double the rooms there than OKW (quick math with a quick search).

It is better to book in the 5-7 month range but if you are flexible you can often find something less than that. If going for less days the options open more. My shortest wait from booking to travel was 3 weeks for 3 or 4 nights (have done this a few times). I have a friend who does it in less as she can drive from home (where I have to fly). So with creativity quick trips can be done, but the closer to 5 or 6 months you can book the better (except in the mid fall through marathon weekend in Jan).