1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip Who's the most excited?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by slipperalwaysfits, Feb 18, 2017.

1. slipperalwaysfits

slipperalwaysfits Active Member

Let me begin by saying Mom and I were supposed to go to Europe this year. However, with DH's and my honeymoon at the beginning of June and our first anniversary on June 30, Mom and I had three glorious weeks in July planned.......until her older cousins (all 78+) planned a family reunion for the middle of when she and I are to be in Europe. She didn't feel obligated to go since she sees them frequently. Then mom remembered they all flew to Seattle for our wedding last year and mom realized she needed to go to the reunion.....meaning we'd have only 6 days in Europe which isn't worth it.

So I was really sad when mom said this this past Sunday (Feb 12, 2017}) but she A) promised me we'd go next year and B) said "DisneyWorld's been on my bucket list for some time so let's go this year. Think about it." She said this Sunday at 4 pm.

DH grew up going with his family and we got engaged there. We didn't go last year because of wedding expenses and weren't going this year because we're going to Aulani on the honeymoon in June.

DH and I planned to exchange valentine's on sunday night because we work late on Tuesdays. On his card, I wrote "I put down the deposit!"

When he opened it, he was all practical and said "let's look at finances," which I'd been doing since I hung up the phone.

We determined IT WOULD WORK because we have a very, very generous check to help us with Aulani expenses. An amazing bonus of WDW vacations is being able to pay them off as you go. So we've started doing that this week and saving money for Aulani.

Honestly, I don't mind living frugally this year when it means I get TWO WONDERFUL VACATIONS!!!!!!!

2. slipperalwaysfits

slipperalwaysfits Active Member Original Poster

CAST OF CHARACTERS:

MY MOM ---72 years old, more energy than a 5 year old and the most optimistic, adventurous person I know. The only reason she's never been to WDW is because she's busy saving turtles in Costa Rica, hiking across Ireland or boating down the Mekong River. The actual one, not the Jungle Cruise :)

Jamie---Mom's best friend for life, same age, travel buddy of Mom's and very sweet.

This morning, we told DH's parents, who just returned from a trip last week for their 40th and his mom got so excited, she's serious about booking her trip. His dad has Parkinson's so they go slow but enjoy it all the same. They are worried about his fragile health but they say that every year and every year they show up with us.

So I'm booking dining ressies for 6 people, even though his parents never commit until a month before we go! The cancellation reservation policy is amazing for Disney!

Susan--DH's mom, loves fireworks and HM

Roland--DH's dad, chocolate, test-track and BTM lover

Steven--DH

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

Following along on this trip report
    and please do a honeymoon report on Aulani
    We have never been and would like to hear first hand from a WDWmagic member

Max

4. slipperalwaysfits

3/16/2017
    So I had conferences at school and dh sent me a text that flights were open for October! He sent me four options and on my breaks, I called Mom who lives in Seattle and we were trying to work out details. When I finally got home at 8 pm, flight listings had changed and we figured out Mom could get on a flight out of Seattle at 5:30 am, meet us at the Denver airport so we can all fly out together on a noon flight that gets us to MCO at 5:40. We have plans to go to Boatwrights that night, so we figure we'll just make a late dinner reservation (8:30) and we should be able to get there in time (fingers crossed!):p:D:geek::):joyfull::jawdrop:

5. slipperalwaysfits

Yes, we are finalizing activity plans for Aulani today and I will definitely do a TR!

amjt660 likes this.
  6. slipperalwaysfits

Don't know if I mentioned it but I went home (back to Seattle) and showed Mom and Jamie the WDW planning video from 2014. They were really impressed. While some things are different now, it was enough for them to understand what is possible!! :rolleyes::happy::cool::p

They were very impressed, if not a little overwhelmed. They are both excited and Mom wants to go parasailing with my DH, after seeing it in the promo video!

I'm going home next week (spring break luxury:cool:) and Mom and Jamie said they'd book their trip and plan where and when they want to eat! Going during the Food and Wine festival, they especially need to know they can use 3 snacks separately in exchange for one meal credit! :jawdrop:

I'm really excited to firm up their trip!