Who's idea was it anyway?

Jimengland

Original Poster
I have not been so I suppose I am not in a position to say this but from what I have seen of DCA its aweful.
There are no original rides except maybe the Soarin' one. The themeing looks poor and the BIGGEST MISTAKE that I still cannot understand how anyone at Disney can think it was a good idea to build fake versions of things that are only a short drive away. Why would you want to walk around the old style buildings when they are just facades on modern boxes when you can drive around the state and see the original authentic buildings.

My question (finally)....... Who is responsible and have they yet been fired.:fork:

Sorry to anyone who likes the park.

DLMAGICDARREN

As much as I agree DCA has it's problems I always have to disagree with this opinion.

California is probably the most diviersified state in the USA, with beautiful lakes, ski resorts, deserts, forests, wine country, beaches, and valleys.

It has Hollywood, San Francisco, and San Deigo. Many landmarks like Disneyland, the original Chinese theater, and Chinatown.

You can swim in the ocean, ski on a mountain, waterski the lakes or camp in a forest all in the same state.

The idea was nobody could possibly do all this in one day, so DCA's purpose is to give you the idea of all that California has to offer, that are spread over way to many miles to possibly do in one vacation. California is a very large state, and would be almost impossible to see all of the state even if you had a 2 week vacation to attempt it.

DCA is a reality park, not unlike Animal Kingdom is in WDW. A bit of imagination themed to a reality insted of a fantasy. DCA has made some maor mistakes along the way, and the pattern continues, but the opverall idea was a good one in my opinion.

CalDizny

I agree with Darren!:)
Calif does have alot to Offer
I think Soaring over Calif. covers it best
Then Golden dreams.
I believe DCA will get better in Time.
Just think back to the 1st Day Disneyland Opened!
Nothing went right.
and How is it Today??
:D

Jimengland

Original Poster
:sohappy:

No-one yet has put explaind it like that, that it is for people in a rush I now understand the thinking. OK idea but not the greatest. I do however still stand by the fact these are fake and so could have been placed in the middle of the Sahara desert and had a similar affect. I managed to see a lot of California whenever I went on two week trips although overall it took me about four weeks to see most and even then I haven't seen/done everthing but thats impossible to do where ever you are.

And I do agree Disney may be able to turn it around to make a profit.
One possible way is by adding more historical forms of California where you are in the history. Currently everything is how you would expect to find it now.

Past California Adventure may pick it up.

Goofster

I expect DCA will be a hit with the Addition of Tower of Terror and the Bug place. Well, maybe not a hit, but attendance will be incredibly higher.

DLMAGICDARREN

I consider DCA to be to DLR, what Epcot attempts to do at WDW. World showcase is a reality park showing you the world, just as much as DCA attempts to show you California.

It's true you can be in the desert, and get the real experiance it better then one area at DCA, but you won't get to all the other diverse places in the same trip, any more then you can travel Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Morroco, France, UK, and Canada in one.

Some elements in DCA were not as well done at DCA as they are in Epcot, but a lot of that has to do with space limitations, that a talented Imaganeer had no control over.

WDWFanatic

Well regardless of its shortfalls I love the park. The additions to come will only make it better. It has a fairly good layout for the space provided and i love all the music and themeing. A great place to take a date for the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom