Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The food there is very good but my family stopped going cause of a service issue as well... Once they totally forgot to bring my dads meal out and by the time we got our servers attention it was too late. Literally about 30 minutes, and my dad had told the rest of us to eat and not worry about him :banghead: jeez haha
Wow, that's awful!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, con't

Thus far in our day there had been NO rain and I thought perhaps TS Colin was going to leave us alone. As we exited the Land pavilion, it started to sprinkle. I had my umbrella and Em had her rain jacket, so we figured we were equipped for a walk around World Showcase.

We were wrong.

Before we reached the Promenade, we got caught in a squall ~ heavy wind and sideways rain ~ and we had nowhere to go! All we could do was laugh as we got completely soaked on our mad dash to the gift store in Canada, the closest place we could take cover. The floor of the store was slick with water from other drowned rats like us.

We remained there for quite a while, then continued our trek when the worst subsided. We made it to America before the heavy rain started again so we ducked inside.

The Voices of Liberty were just finishing their performance. We queued up for the show.

image.png

It had been awhile since we'd seen The American Adventure. We'd be either too early or too late for the next show. However, we have seen it enough times to be able to sing along...which we didn't ;). It wasn't raining when the show let out. :)

I made Em stand in the same spot where I took my rainy day Epcot picture last month.

image.jpeg

We completed our tour of World Showcase with no further stops. We did make one last stop in Future World (MouseGear) before deciding we'd had enough of the wet weather. A quick monorail ride back to the TTC and we were soon back at the Poly.

Em and I got a snack in the lounge and watched it rain over the Seven Seas Lagoon. I happened to look up at the ceiling and noticed this:
image.jpeg

A wayward Mother's Day balloon! Had it really been up there nearly a month?!

Woody was still on the phone when we entered our room. A towel animal surprise greeted us!

image.jpeg

I *may* have mentioned our anniversary when I booked this vacation. :inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Great tip I learned from your TR: don't slide over in the seat on Spaceship Earth!! Funny thing is, I always slide over (solo traveler) because I tend to like the right side. From now on, I'll just sit on the left and wait for the doors to slide close, and then I'll move over to the right-hand side! Poor Em. Nothing like having an obnoxious person plunk down next to you and ruin the ride.

Loved the anniversary towel animal for you and hubby!! :inlove:

TrolleyFollower91

Poor Em. Nothing like having an obnoxious person plunk down next to you and ruin the ride.
I get that some rides you have to share a seat with strangers. I'm fine with RnR, Test Track, or any other attraction with single riders. But on Spaceship Earth? No, thanks! So uncomfortable and a long time in the dark sitting uncomfortably close to someone!

Woodywrkr

The humidity was brutal and Woody suggested walking down Main Street through the stores in order to enjoy the a/c. We stopped to use the restrooms by Casey's (when will the ones by City Hall be open again???!!) and headed for our first FP at Pirates. We didn't even care if we got wet, it was that hot! Of course we exited the ride bone dry....

Keeping in mind that we live in the South....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so thankful your trips report as here to help me make it until November. Living vicariously through you, you truly live the Disney Dream!

Wow iPhone auto correct kills me every time. Should say as they help me and trip reports!!! Gosh! Lol

Thank you! You write the BEST trip reports and I'm glad you are finally going back! Hopeful that you and @Longers connect...what a fun read that will be! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You have great will power - I succumbed and watched Soarin Around The World on You Tube! Julia refuses. lol

Love your Wishes T-shirts!!
Tell Julia I'm proud of her willpower! She is stronger than me since she'll have to wait until September...I have a FP for the new movie in a few weeks ;)

Em gave me my Wishes shirt for Mother's Day. I love the fact that my adult girl doesn't mind mother/daughter matching! :inlove:

Always wanted to eat in San Angles' but was scared off by review. Next time I'm going.

How cool you ran into @TheMouseFan ! Always wished I'd run into someone from WDWMagic.

Enjoying your adventures!
Yeah, reviews are such personal things...if I want to try someplace, I will go and make my own assessment.
I have met several WDWMagic-ers on various trips, but only because of pictures from trip reports!
Thanks for following along!

My daughter Cady has that same MU hat as Em. She loves Monsters Inc. and Monsters University, she's very disappointed that she can't meet Mike and Sully. :( Actually she can't meet any of her top 3 characters. Her 3rd pick was Aurora and now she's not greeting anyplace other than at a restaurant.
I wish Disney had Mike and Sulley in a new location! They are a fab meet and greet! Cady should still wear her cap with pride. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great tip I learned from your TR: don't slide over in the seat on Spaceship Earth!! Funny thing is, I always slide over (solo traveler) because I tend to like the right side. From now on, I'll just sit on the left and wait for the doors to slide close, and then I'll move over to the right-hand side! Poor Em. Nothing like having an obnoxious person plunk down next to you and ruin the ride.
Sit then slide. ;)

meganwdw

Monday, June 6

I could hear the rain falling off and on throughout the night and awakened prepared for the worst. This wasn't our first experience with a named tropical storm the first week of June ~ Tropical Storm Andrea battered us badly in 2013 with ridiculous amounts of rain! :arghh:

So when Woody and I went down to the lounge for breakfast and it wasn't raining, I was optimistic.

View attachment 149024

I was also in for another pleasant surprise:

View attachment 149027

OATMEAL!! Real oatmeal! No grits!!!!! :joyfull: :) :geek: :D :p :happy: :cool: :inlove:

Woody and I were finished with breakfast when Em came down to join us. A few unfortunate events had filled her with frustration, so we offered her words of encouragement so her day wouldn't be ruined. We all agreed to have positive attitudes as we headed out for another Disney day.

The humidity was as thick as peanut butter. ("You mean pea soup." "You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!") (Bonus points for anyone who gets the reference.) We walked to the TTC and boarded the Epcot monorail. Woody did not have a bag so he walked through the no-bags entrance, where everyone was being directed to go through the metal detectors. Em and I just had our bags inspected.

Our first FP (which I knew would be totally unnecessary) was for Figment.

View attachment 149028
(This picture is for @lostpro9het ~ there ARE other people in this area! :joyfull:)

Sing it with me, "Imagination, imagination...a dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark...for me and you!"
View attachment 149029

In the gift store, Em purchased some Jungle Book Tsum Tsums for her class.
View attachment 149038

Our FP window for Spaceship Earth was now open. The ride must have been down earlier, because this was the FP line: :jawdrop:

View attachment 149030

It was a good 20 minutes before we entered. We told the CM we were a party of 3, and he said, "Two in front, one in back." Woody and I climbed in front. Em made the critical error of sliding all the way over instead of sitting by the door. Suddenly, a very loud and large woman pushed her way into Em's car announcing, "I'm sitting with you!" She was not a solo traveler, but apparently did not want to sit with her children, whom she had been yelling at. It was incredibly awkward for Em, as there was nothing she could do about it. When it was time to create the video, Em simply told the woman: "You do it. I've done this many times before." The video ended up being the cartoon people anyway, since the photo at the ride beginning wasn't working.

While Em was happy to be free from the confines of 15 minutes next to an obnoxious stranger in a tiny car, she still needed some cheering up. Purchasing a ball cap with her fave Monsters University logo did the trick!

View attachment 149031
Yukon Cornelius!!!!!

Longers

Thank you! You write the BEST trip reports and I'm glad you are finally going back! Hopeful that you and @Longers connect...what a fun read that will be! :joyfull:
I am really hoping we can pull this off and get @Doc Disney in on the act too! I really can't be there and not make time to meet Nicole or the M&M girls (aka Megan & Mary!) - this needs to happen and I am sure you will be there at the same time too!

blreinsel

My daughter Cady has that same MU hat as Em. She loves Monsters Inc. and Monsters University, she's very disappointed that she can't meet Mike and Sully. :( Actually she can't meet any of her top 3 characters. Her 3rd pick was Aurora and now she's not greeting anyplace other than at a restaurant.

Isn't Aurora taking back over at Princess Fairy Tale Hall now that Anna and Elsa moved to Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom