Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

View attachment 148316

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

But but but but....I haven't finished your last trip report yet busy lady! :inlove:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, June 5

I awakened early as usual...it is virtually impossible for me to sleep in at Disney! I got myself ready while my family slept and, being the good wife and mom, walked to the food court to pick up breakfast. Going to WDW as often as I do, I am quick to notice "price creep" on food and beverage items (t-shirts too, since I am always looking to add to my collection.) What astounded me this morning was the price of a small bottle of orange juice...$4.29! The same brand of oj I can buy in the supermarket for 5 cents an ounce is almost 40 cents an ounce...an 800% markup!! I realize there is a "premium" to be paid but really, that is excessive.

(Yes, I am aware that EVERYTHING at Disney is overpriced, and Woody and I choose to spend ridiculous amounts of money on deluxe accommodations and fine dining, but a simple thing like the cost of a bottle of juice can really get under my skin! :mad: I feel for the families with several children/teens to feed.)

Poor Woody had to suffer through my tirade when I gave him his juice. ;)

After breakfasting and packing up, we brought our bags to Bell Services to have them "magically transported" to the Polynesian. Then we hopped on a MK bus and transferred to the boat to take us to the Poly.

Look, a giant monorail!
image.jpeg

Stopped at the GF boat dock first.
image.jpeg

Thar she be...Tuvalu!! :inlove:
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, at least I waved at Tuvalu...we would not be staying there this visit. Not sure we'll ever get to stay in my favorite theme park view room again. TPV rooms are rarely discounted anymore (since DVC's arrival there are far fewer TPV rooms) and I won't pay rack rate.

But happily we scored a bounce back offer to return here ~

image.jpeg

Online check-in doesn't work with Poly club level, so we thought we'd check in early on the remote possibility our room would be ready. (Shocker...it wasn't! :joyfull:) CM Lawrence assured me I would receive a text when it was. (Shocker...I didn't! :rolleyes:) We refused our plastic flower leis (too uncomfortable to wear in the June heat/humidity), packed away our welcome packet and jumped on the monorail back to the MK.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
All 3 of us were "randomly selected" to go through the metal detectors. Since it was well past rope drop, the area in front of the train station was crowd-free and Woody was able to take a picture of Em and me in our matching Wishes shirts.

image.jpeg

The humidity was brutal and Woody suggested walking down Main Street through the stores in order to enjoy the a/c. We stopped to use the restrooms by Casey's (when will the ones by City Hall be open again???!!) and headed for our first FP at Pirates. We didn't even care if we got wet, it was that hot! Of course we exited the ride bone dry....

We had a little time before our next FP and chose to "sing like the birdies sing." Even under cover, it was a warm and sticky wait as evidenced by Em's delightful face.

image.jpeg

Finally we were ushered into the coolness of the Tiki Room.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All too soon (for Woody, anyway ;)) the show was over and we crossed the pavement to use our next FP at the Jungle Cruise. I am always amazed about just how many different jokes there are ~ here is today's favorite:

"These guys learned you can't outrun a chubby unicorn!"
image.jpeg

We obeyed our skipper's directive to "Get Out!" when we returned to the dock. I suggested a ride on the MPB next.

Of course your 8-year-old's stroller needs a bench of its own! :rolleyes:
image.jpeg

I love this washed out town!
image.jpeg

TheMouseFan

I'm not sure why everyone has to bring the biggest strollers possible with them! I just finished a post in my TR about the strollers on the train too! I just don't get why someone wants to lug that around with them! We intentionally went and purchased the lightest possible umbrella strollers that were still well constructed and had storage underneath to prevent this very thing! And I agree, the kids we saw in strollers were WAY too old to be in them! Rant over! Sorry to sidetrack your TR!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After 1 1/3 loops on the train, we disembarked in Fantasyland and went to dine in the Beast's castle. He had saved a table in the Rose Gallery (our fave dining room) for us. ;)

Em and I shared the roast beef sandwich and pommes frites (which sound so much healthier than French fries!) while Woody tried to show us up with his carved turkey and green beans.

image.jpeg

Wait.....you don't see any Master's cupcakes?! Just because you don't see something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :joyfull:

Under the Sea had a 30 minute wait, but we knew it would be a half hour of air-conditioned comfort so we opted in.

Turtle!!!
image.jpeg

Ariel!!!
image.jpeg

Ursula!!!
image.jpeg

Up next was our FP for 7DMT. Heigh-Ho!!!!
image.jpeg

It was approaching 3 p.m. and despite not receiving a "room ready" text, we knew it had to be close to being ready, so we began to make our way out of the park. We saw a Photopass CM and decided to have a "pro" take our picture in front of the castle. You decide if these pics are worthy of a "pro" title.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure why everyone has to bring the biggest strollers possible with them! I just finished a post in my TR about the strollers on the train too! I just don't get why someone wants to lug that around with them! We intentionally went and purchased the lightest possible umbrella strollers that were still well constructed and had storage underneath to prevent this very thing! And I agree, the kids we saw in strollers were WAY too old to be in them! Rant over! Sorry to sidetrack your TR!
Preach it, sister!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The hub was crowded with people waiting for the Festival of Fantasy parade. FoF is a terrific parade, worth watching in sweltering heat IF you have not already seen it several times....which we have. To give you an idea of how many people were in the area, the Main Street bypass exit (located in-between the Tomorrowland Terrace and The Plaza) was open. We took this alternate and were soon exiting the turnstiles and boarding the monorail.

Upon our arrival at the Hawaii building, Woody and Em went to the second floor lounge for a cold drink while I waited for cast member assistance with our room.

image.jpeg

The CM checked our reservation and said that our room required inspection by a supervisor. She said it should have been done by now (it was after 4 p.m.) and she offered to go check on it herself. I waited and waited for her to return. When I received our room number, I learned why she was gone so long ~ we were given the last room at the end of the hall. Apparently Mousekeeping had never punched in the final room check code, which is why I never received a text.

Unfortunately, that mix-up also affected our "magically transported" luggage. When I called Bell Services to have our bags delivered, I was put on hold and then told, "They must not be here yet." (So it's an 8 hour trek from POFQ to the Poly??) The unpacking would have to wait. :bored:

The complimentary box of chocolates has been downsized.
image.jpeg

But we had a nice view.
image.jpeg

Note that the pool is empty and the pavement is wet ~ the clouds couldn't hold in the rain any longer.

But there was a silver lining. It was Ku U Lei time!! :D
image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We hung out in the lounge for over an hour and watched the rain. Woody pulled up the radar on his phone and a wide swath of storm green covered most of central Florida, thanks to Tropical Storm Colin. Heading out to a park did not hold any appeal, since all our rain gear was in our suitcases which we still didn't have yet!!

I called Bell Services again once we were back in our room. Confusion still reigned as our luggage could not be found. :banghead: After more time on hold, our bags "suddenly arrived"...but it would be another half hour before they could be delivered to our room. Woody and I passed the time sitting on our balcony watching the rain.

image.jpeg

Finally, at 6:45 p.m., there was a knock on the door. Our belongings had arrived at last!! After a quick unpack, we grabbed our umbrellas and walked over to Capt. Cooks to get some dinner to-go.

image.jpeg

Woody had the Hot Beef and Cheddar with the yummy homemade Poly chips (bottom plate).

Em and I shared the Aloha Pork Sandwich, also with Poly chips.
image.jpeg

Both sandwiches were very good. For dessert we picked up a few mini treats from the lounge.

We had a BOOMING hour from 9-10 p.m. First we heard Illuminations, then Star Wars fireworks, then Wishes. As much as Em and I wanted to see Wishes (after all, we were wearing the shirts!) ~ we did not want to stand outside in the rain. And the window in the club lounge was foggy due to the humidity. :( We would just have to wait.

Coming up ~ another Epcot rainy day!

epcotisbest

Not sure what is says about me, my old age and energy level, but the part about sitting on the balcony watching the rain sounds really good to me.
We had a little rain here the other day (been a very dry summer, Glenn Burns calls it severe drought) and I was out on the porch, in the swing, listening to the rain.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not sure what is says about me, my old age and energy level, but the part about sitting on the balcony watching the rain sounds really good to me.
We had a little rain here the other day (been a very dry summer, Glenn Burns calls it severe drought) and I was out on the porch, in the swing, listening to the rain.
Woody and I have enjoyed sitting on a balcony watching the rain ever since our first Poly stay back in the 90s. It is the reason we always request the 3rd floor (some 2nd floor rooms don't have balconies.) We were old fuddy duddies even then! It wasn't so much the rain that had us bummed, but our lack of luggage.

PLEASE send some rain westward. We haven't had a single drop since we returned over 2 weeks ago! Our plants need it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom