Trip Report "Whoa!" Our Disney Trip through the eyes of our 15mo Old!

Hello everyone, we just got back from Disney on Saturday night, and I want to start my trip report before I start forgetting the little details. So here we go...I WILL be adding pictures, but the beginning of the trip report is being started while at work, so I will have to add them later!

First: Read my Pre trip Report Here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-for-mom-dad-babys-first-trip-sept-15.901000/

Thanks for reading along.. hope you enjoy!

When: 9/19-9/26
Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Who: Myself, My husband, and our 15 month old daughter Harper. Also, My Mom, Step Dad, and 5 year old Nephew.

Day1 Friday September 18th:
The day was finally here! The vacation that I had been looking forward to for TWO years. We had counted down from 400 something days, and now we were are at ZERO and within hours of departing. I worked a half day on Friday, but could barely concentrate at work. I kept staring at the clock on my computer wishing so 1pm. Finally, it rolled around. I changed into comfy pants, and met my husband outside since he picked me up. If you were reading along on my trip report, you will recall that my daughter Harper was sick, and I was feeling somewhat sick, but I didn't let it get me down! We were going to Disney World!! I hopped in the back seat and was ready to go! My parents had to wait for my Nephew to arrive so we drove across town and when to a vitamin store to get an energy drink I like before we left. At this point, I took command in the drivers seat, and we jumped right on I-81 to get the show on the road. Not long after, my parents were on their way too, we tried hard, but we just could not meet up together on the road. Eh, that's okay. We would work it out. I'm not sure of the exact route now, but we took 81 south, to 17 south and through some windy back roads with lots of winery's. We ended getting on I-95 at Fredericksburg, VA. The drive wasn't too bad, and I don't recall any issues at all.

We finally met up with my parents at the first rest stop once we got on 95. Harper had JUST fallen asleep when we stopped and she must have sensed it even though the car was running, because within minutes of stopping, she was awake. Well, crap... I needed her to nap, but she was up, so we got her out of the car and met my parents and walked inside. After quick bathroom stops, and a few minutes of leg stretching, we were back on the road ready to go!

(this is where I'm going to stop until I get access to my pictures!)

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Final Reflections!!

I will admit I wasn’t sure how this trip was going to go! I’m not a huge Disney fanatic. I’m not one that goes every year, or watches Disney stuff, it’s my mom who is the big Disney person and she really wanted to take us on this trip. I didn’t know how I’d “relate” to this vacation, if that makes any sense. It was our first major vacation with Harper. I was worried about her with the car ride, the heat, the rides, etc. Overall, I am very very happy with the vacation we had. Harper is 15 months old, and she behaved like one, and that’s all I could ask. She wanted to run around and when we let her, she was happy! Over the week she got more and more used to the stroller and didn’t fight us as much when we put her in which made things a lot less stressful on us. She really seemed to love the rides we were able to get on. She did a lot of pointing and exclaiming in her baby babble! Will she remember it? No. Will we remember it? Of course! That’s what matters here. She will be able to look back on pictures one day and know that even as a tiny toddler, we were taking her on vacation and making memories with her. On the very first night we were there, she was lying in my lap and she looked up at me and gave me a kiss, and rubbed my arm. In her own little way, she was telling me “Thank you Mom! I am happy!” I know it, because she doesn’t dole out her little kisses very often yet. I made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! All the things I worried about turned out fine. She did pretty darn well in the car for as long as we traveled (especially on the way home when we did all 15 hours in one shot!), she drank tons of water, and ate like a champ! She didn’t seem bothered by the heat at all, and that was one of my biggest worries! She also slept AMAZING! I wish she slept like that at home too! She also didn’t get sick which was another huge worry of mine!

As far as the resort, it was amazing! Disney does not miss a single detail. As I said, my first glimpse of this place took my breath away! I was not sure I would like the African theme, as I don’t really care for animal prints, and dark, dim places (lol) but I’m not sure I would want to stay anywhere else! This place came to feel like my home! I loved all the nooks and crannies, and the resort never felt crowded (except in the Mara at dinner time!). In the entire time we were there, I think I saw one other couple in the hallways (Giraffe trail). I also loved the gift shop here! It had everything! I loved to go in and walk around and look at everything. When I desperately needed Chap Stick, I was relieved to see they had it! The pool was great, and I loved that they had a little tiny pool for small babies. Harper seemed to like tromping through it and I didn’t have to worry about her much because I was right there with her. I never had a bad encounter with any other guests, and I didn’t in the park either! A lot of people in the Facebook group I’m in had witnessed, or experienced some bad encounters but we never had one. We also never saw one Brazilian tour group, or heard any chanting! That was a relief too!

We did a lot of walking (over 60 miles for the week) and actually handled the heat better than I thought. I was able to keep my hair down almost the entire trip, which I’m glad I did because it looks way better in the pictures! We also didn’t have any rain until the night before we left! We really did have a nearly perfect week in the parks. No one got sunburned, or dehydrated, or overly grumpy which was a plus too.

I never thought I’d say it, but I’d love to go back! Probably not right away, because I’d love harper to be a little bit older and understand a tad bit more, but I don’t want to wait another ten years to go back! It will be really cool to have different experiences with her each time we go, and as she can do more and more, it’ll be a new experience every single time! Hopefully in a few years, we will be able to come back!

On one final note... last night Harper and I were flipping through the TV channels and Modern Family was on. It looked like they were in Disneyland, and they were on Dumbo. Harper started getting really excited! She ran up to the TV and was pointing! She was jabbering and laughing and then looking back to me. I KNOW she remembers! She recognized and remembered Dumbo! This is not behavior she normally does (running toward the TV), so I knew. The one thing I HAD to do on this trip, and did with her, and she remembered!! That small moment right there made me feel like we made a great decision in taking her! It was something I won’t ever forget!

Until next time ..“See Ya Real Soon” Disney World!

Ciara

These lockers are a total PITA, and if you don't know how to use them, you'll lock your stuff in a locker that wasn't assigned to you (i did it. ugh). Everyone piles into these tiny spaces and it's the most stressful thing ever, so i just started having AJ do it.

We decided at the end of the day that we didn't really want to come back. *gasp!* I just really wanted to get back to Magic Kingdom, but I felt horrible because my mom paid for our tickets!

When we got back we were EXHAUSTED!!!

The lockers... Lol dont forget super hot and with a bunch of sweaty people, just gross to all be crammed in there. I made billy deal with them too!

Id be right there with you about doing another day, i think one day was perfect. I love your photos!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Great report! For future reference, just tell the CM at the Peoplemover you want to stay on. The CM will close the vehicle door. I think my record is 4 times in a row :eek:.

My son and I were in that stormy rain at MNSSHP on your last night!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
The lockers... Lol dont forget super hot and with a bunch of sweaty people, just gross to all be crammed in there. I made billy deal with them too!

Id be right there with you about doing another day, i think one day was perfect. I love your photos!

I just saw this! RIGHT. Those lockers were TERRIBLE! I was so frustrated with them by the end of the day!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Great report! For future reference, just tell the CM at the Peoplemover you want to stay on. The CM will close the vehicle door. I think my record is 4 times in a row :eek:.

My son and I were in that stormy rain at MNSSHP on your last night!

OH I wish I would have!!!! I know Harper would have slept on there, but for some reason I didn't think they'd let us stay on even though there were ZERO people in line. Oh well. I know for next time! Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom