Who sketched the design of Cinderalla's castle?

Jr Imagineer

It's Herb Ryman

Attachments

• jr_imagineers_homebg_01.jpg
    jr_imagineers_homebg_01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 111

Jr Imagineer

I did a research paper on Cinderella Castle so I know Herb designed it. Herb did A LOT of work for Walt and his theme parks, look through Disney architecture, theme park design and Imagineering books and read the credits of the paintings, many of them say Herbert Ryman.

YCgirl

I heard a story that the front of Cinderella's castle was supposed to be the back. There were a lot of castle designs that Walt just didn't like and finally they told him that they would have a model of a castle the next day that he would like. He came in the next day and saw the model (he was looking at what we consider the back of Cindy's castle) and said that he didn't like it. They quickly turned it around and there was the Cinderella castle as we know it. I don't know if it's true or not, but I like to think it's true.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by YCgirl
I heard a story that the front of Cinderella's castle was supposed to be the back. There were a lot of castle designs that Walt just didn't like and finally they told him that they would have a model of a castle the next day that he would like. He came in the next day and saw the model (he was looking at what we consider the back of Cindy's castle) and said that he didn't like it. They quickly turned it around and there was the Cinderella castle as we know it. I don't know if it's true or not, but I like to think it's true.

Yeah, I believe I heard this during my Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom