Trip Report Who Says You Can't Go Home Updated 2/12- DHS Finished!

This is Kiwi our traveling friend. My DD Lily got him this summer in her Kiwi Crate.

IMG_6443.jpg

What is a Kiwi Crate? It a monthly service for kids they send you activities (science, art and games) that the kids can make. Two of DD's recent creations from the modern art box -

IMG_7241.jpg IMG_7105.jpg

Anyway Kiwi was sent us with the instructions to take him on trips and post the pictures to Kiwi Crates various social media pages.

DD takes this directive very seriously, he must go on every trip including DH's business trips. Some images of Kiwi's previous adventures (we have tons more) - Believe it or not other adults are more then happy to help DH get special pictures with Kiwi for DD. Kiwi even earned some Delta Wings!

IMG_6464.JPG IMG_6480.jpg IMG_6495.JPG IMG_6503.JPG

So Kiwi is now ready for his next adventure the big family trip to WDW and DD is already super excited to post pictures of Kiwi having his latest adventure. As most of my Facebook friends will not appreciate hourly updates on our trip I thought the better place to share then would here with you guys!

Kiwi is hitting the road at 5:00 am EST. I hope you will join us for his latest adventure.

Link to our pre-trip report

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
All unpacked and the kids are settling down. They had fun exploring the resort (All Star Music).

Tomorrow we have a 8:00 ADR at Kona and the morning at MK! We have a lunch ADR at CRT and then the final MNSSHP tomorrow night!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Well the parents are up and dressed! Now it's time to wake up the kids. I was hoping turning on the lights and tv would wake them up as we got ready but no they are still out!

IMG_7366.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Magic Kingdom 11/1/13 - Talking Mickey and Lost Items -

So post as I go is not happening to much with two kiddos! We went stollerless this morning and you need to be focused on the kids so they don't disappear. The crowds were light this morning. We only hit Main Street and Fantasyland

Breakfast at Kona which was good food wise but we had a couple issues with service. My DH ordered the Samoan

IMG_7368.jpg

(which was great once we got it) they first brought our a ham and cheese omelet. Thankfully it was fixed very quickly. Then we had to ask 3 times before we got a second plate so the kids could split the french toast.

We took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom Alec loves anything that has to to with transportation so he was excited.
IMG_7371.JPG

We have arrived!
CIMG0411.JPG

We got through Security just in time for the opening show -

CIMG0409.JPG

The crowds were light this morning. We went right to the counter to get our Photopass + and then got inline to meet the new talking Mickey! We had about a 10 minute wait before we were lead into our room to meet Mickey. Our Mickey had an issue part way through the group in the room. That CMs covered it Mickey had an emergency phone call from Goofy. Mickey came back after two minutes still no talking. The CMs then told us there had been a mistake and Goofy had booked the room we were in so we would have to move to another room with Mickey. We were lead to another room and we met Mickey there.
CIMG0416.JPG

Lily and Kiwi met Mickey. Mickey told Lily a story about spinning on the tea cups with Alice and asked her to spin with him it was cute. Alec wouldn't go up to Mickey
CIMG0417.JPG

After Lily was done and Mickey stated to say goodbye Alec ran up and gave him a big long hug. I was taking video so hopefully the PP CM got a good shot.

We came out the the trolly was getting ready to head down MS so we hopped on
CIMG0421.JPG

We got to the other and and disaster #1 struck. Alec was only wearing one shoe. We had Ralph but no Fix it Felix. It wasn't on or under the trolly so DH headed back down MS to search. Shoeless Alec.
CIMG0423.JPG

No shoe on MS and no shoe in Guest Services. We went back to the Emporium to but new shoes. Alec was NOT happy about this but he didn't make to big of a fuss. He did not want me to take a picture of his new shoes this was the best I could get.
IMG_7376.jpg

Back down MS by this time(10:00) it was too late to walk through the castle so we went around towards the Tea Cups. first we needed a water break
IMG_7377.jpg

This is the point I discovered disaster #2 - Kiwi was GONE!

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Magic Kingdom 11/1/13 - Fantasyland and CRT

At this point I decided to do nothing. I didn't want to tell DH Kiwi was gone in front of the kids and I knew we had to go to GS anyway to look for Alec's shoe. So we pressed on to the first ride of the day Tea Cups

CIMG0426.JPG

At some point during the load on to the tea cups (which was a walk on) I told DH Kiwi was gone and we would check at GS on the way out of the park.

After Tea Cups was Dumbo Lily really wanted to play in the circus area so we did but you didn't have to they were letting guest go right through to the ride.
CIMG0431.JPG

After 5 minutes we headed over to board. Again no wait the Dumbos landed and it was our turn
IMG_0968.jpg

Next we went to meet Mermaid Ariel - 10 minute wait if that. Then we had our first FP+ 25 SB wait minutes for Enchanted tales with Belle we waited maybe 10 outside the house the kids made friends with a very nice boy in front of us in line
IMG_7379.jpg

Lily and Alec did not want to participate in the show. Until at the end when everyone matches around the room Alec jumped up to join in which meant I marched too - he can not be trusted to march around a room alone yet. They did let Lily take a picture with Belle at the end and a couple of young teens got up to take pictures too, I was videoing so again counting on PP+.

As we were heading to the Carousel I pointed out Cinderella' Step Mother to Lily and to my surprise Lily wanted to meet her. So the boys went to get a snack and we waited for the Lady. There was a wonderful CM helping Lady Tramaine out. She spent a couple of minutes talking to Lily she was lovely. She even got Lily sot show off some of her her Irish dance patterns.

Lady Tramine really took a liking to Lily. She wanted to go through Lily's purse after she tossed aside the stickers ("I detest sticky fingers") They went through Lily's pressed penny book.
CIMG0443.JPG

Then after looking at Lily's "treasures" she decided Lily had what it took to be a "Lady of the Realm" So she gave her lessons in how to flaunt her wealth

CIMG0445.JPG

Next we had another 5 minute wait for the Carousel
CIMG0446.JPG

Then it was castle time! Lily was upset we had lost our CRT ADR when we had to push back our trip so I decided to surprise her when I was able to snag this spot.

She was very happy when were were lead into the throne room. Alec wasn't interested in meeting Cinderella so the boys sat down to wait. 5 minutes maybe to meet Cindy

CIMG0457.JPG

Then we were lead straight upstairs and too our table. The appetizers were cheese cubes and grapes for the kids

IMG_7381.jpg

And the adults had hummus with pita or crackers, cheese with honey and blueberry Gorgonzola salad. the app was good but nothing to go crazy over.

IMG_7380.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom