Who is your favorite Star Trek Morale Officer?

Who is your favorite Star Trek Morale Officer?

• Troi

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Quark

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Neelix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
I'm going to start this with a shout out to the new theme. I am critical of the new movies, quite a bit, but the casting and music was spot on, imho...

So, who was your favorite morale officer? (and yes, I take a story view of this rather than an official "Starfleet" view)

Who is your favorite and why?
Who is your least favorite, and why?

Troi?
giphy.gif

She is my LEAST favorite. Very often the character was silly, and made stupid statements. To the point where even the cast knew it and played with it in outtakes. A neat character idea, but terribly executed.

Quark?
tumblr_me6gx8xduY1qbgx8ao4_250.gif

Hands down my MOST favorite. He did so much with the character, and made it one where, if you knew he took the screen, Quark would rule the show.

Since I'm watching Voyager, there's Neelix.

tumblr_lorb22bbTv1qmra4vo1_500.gif

Yeah. Well acted, but a whiny character the I never really connected with. STill better than Troi though.

And, that's it. Short and sweet, for this poll.

Choose your favorite!

StarWarsGirl

I had a hard time with this, but went with Quark. Because he was a constant source of amusement, and that show often needed some comic relief. I liked all of them, though

OSUgirl77

Quark was probably my favorite. He was definitely the most interesting of the three. I didn't hate Troi, but she did get on my nerves a lot. Didn't watch enough of Voyager to really have an opinion of Neelix.

StarWarsGirl

And Neelix was another aspect of Voyager that improved significantly after Kes left.

Before, he was too attached to Kes, easily jealous, and kind of steamrolled her. He was also arrogant and full of himself. I would agree with the assessment that at first, he was annoying.

But then after Kes left, he came into his own. His relationship with Tuvok, more of his struggles with his past, he developed friendships with the crew and really became their support system, and he became less arrogant.

I always liked Deanna, but liked her much better later in the series and in the films when she wasn't just the eye candy.

Interesting fact about Deanna Troi: Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) was originally supposed to play Troi with Marina Sirtis playing Tasha Yar (although the original name of the character was Macha Hernandez). Gene Roddenberry had them switch roles. Also, in early brainstorming for the series, the character was supposed to have three brea sts. Thankfully, writer DC Fontana objected.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
And Neelix was another aspect of Voyager that improved significantly after Kes left.

Before, he was too attached to Kes, easily jealous, and kind of steamrolled her. He was also arrogant and full of himself. I would agree with the assessment that at first, he was annoying.

But then after Kes left, he came into his own. His relationship with Tuvok, more of his struggles with his past, he developed friendships with the crew and really became their support system, and he became less arrogant.

I always liked Deanna, but liked her much better later in the series and in the films when she wasn't just the eye candy.

Interesting fact about Deanna Troi: Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) was originally supposed to play Troi with Marina Sirtis playing Tasha Yar (although the original name of the character was Macha Hernandez). Gene Roddenberry had them switch roles. Also, in early brainstorming for the series, the character was supposed to have three *******. Thankfully, writer DC Fontana objected.
I certainly agree. Frankly, the whole show got better with Kes leaving. Seven was a great addition to the crew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom