Who is Meg?

luv

I didn't know who Meg was before I read these boards. Don't feel stupid! Most people have no idea who Meg is. Meg Crofton is like Head of the Parks. I don't actually know her title. She had no business experience, but was in Accounting or Human Resources or something before becoming head of the parks.

Technically, she is in charge and everything falls under her watch, so she is blamed for everything that goes wrong...as she should be.

It would be difficult to watch the parks get dirtier and see all the disappointing cutbacks and think she cares even a little bit about the parks. Some (like me) think she is just doing what it takes to make herself money. What happens to the parks or the company later...not her problem. She'll be gone. It will be someone else's headache.

But you can blame her for anything you want. My pool motor (or whatever it is) is making a clunky sound, so I'm blaming Meg. :)

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I didn't know who Meg was before I read these boards. Don't feel stupid! Most people have no idea who Meg is. Meg Crofton is like Head of the Parks. I don't actually know her title. She had no business experience, but was in Accounting or Human Resources or something before becoming head of the parks.

Technically, she is in charge and everything falls under her watch, so she is blamed for everything that goes wrong...as she should be.

It would be difficult to watch the parks get dirtier and see all the disappointing cutbacks and think she cares even a little bit about the parks. Some (like me) think she is just doing what it takes to make herself money. What happens to the parks or the company later...not her problem. She'll be gone. It will be someone else's headache.

But you can blame her for anything you want. My pool motor (or whatever it is) is making a clunky sound, so I'm blaming Meg. :)
I see. Thank you. :)

Jimmy Thick

Meg, unfortunately get the blame for things she has absolutely no control over.

Forget the fact the woman has kept WDW thriving and profitable beyond most people wildest dreams, the poor woman just can't get a even break.

Lets put it this way, people who have nothing better to do than complain about things out of their control blame Meg.

Me personally? I just don't care.

Jimmy Thick- Blaming Meg while paying for a Disney vacation you find substandard? Yeah, um, yeah...

Cmdr_Crimson

petermeg_zpsebc5e6e7.jpg

Zweiland

Meg, unfortunately get the blame for things she has absolutely no control over.

Forget the fact the woman has kept WDW thriving and profitable beyond most people wildest dreams, the poor woman just can't get a even break.

Lets put it this way, people who have nothing better to do than complain about things out of their control blame Meg.

Me personally? I just don't care.

Jimmy Thick- Blaming Meg while paying for a Disney vacation you find substandard? Yeah, um, yeah...
Wait, Meg Crofton is a woman? I thought for sure she must be some kind of mindless android to do what she does. That's... even more despicable than I thought. I blame Meg.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Meg is often the person blamed for the perceived declines at WDW. She served as president of WDW from roughly 2006 until now. Many of the declines occurred under her leadership so she is blamed (probably fair). If you don't want to place blame on the more general "TDO" you blame Meg as their leader.

IMHO it's a fanboy urban legend that she is/was completely unqualified for her job. She actually has many years of experience in both HR and operations at WDW starting in the late 70s. She had various roles like GM for what is now Shades of Green and several executive HR positions. If you are looking for someone to run WDW the 2 biggest challenges are managing a workforce the size of a small city and managing almost 30,000 hotel rooms. Her background seemed like a good fit. A good fit doesn't always mean guaranteed success. She has been promoted again and now is over DLR and DLP so at least Iger and Co think she's doing a good job.

Jimmy Thick

Meg is often the person blamed for the perceived declines at WDW. She served as president of WDW from roughly 2006 until now. Many of the declines occurred under her leadership so she is blamed (probably fair). If you don't want to place blame on the more general "TDO" you blame Meg as their leader.

IMHO it's a fanboy urban legend that she is/was completely unqualified for her job. She actually has many years of experience in both HR and operations at WDW starting in the late 70s. She had various roles like GM for what is now Shades of Green and several executive HR positions. If you are looking for someone to run WDW the 2 biggest challenges are managing a workforce the size of a small city and managing almost 30,000 hotel rooms. Her background seemed like a good fit. A good fit doesn't always mean guaranteed success. She has been promoted again and now is over DLR and DLP so at least Iger and Co think she's doing a good job.

Its completely unfair to blame her in my honest opinion.

If she did such a poor job she would have been booted years ago, she kept her job and was promoted. The so called various declines seen throughout WDW is simply based on peoples perception and only each individual perception, its not a universal opinion held by as many as some people want to think, its a myth, right next to a unicorn.

The woman should be honored for her accomplishments, degrading her by kicking a make believe dead horse is asinine.

Jimmy Thick- Disney keeps incompetent people in high profile positions and watches them fail? Yeah right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom