Who has witnessed "The Kiss Goodnight" in MK?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've seen it, it is a pretty neat way to end the day. Start with the morning show and end with the kiss good night = perfect MK day.

CP_alum08

Is it ever a problem to stay 45 minutes after closing? Aren't CMs pushing you out the gates at that point?
No. As long as you're on Main St. and not at the back of the park it's fine. They work from the back forward so they strongly erdge :) you to leave those areas first. Plus, if they are doing this show obviously they are expecting people to hang around for it. I've seen it a couple times and at most there was 10 people left on Main St. when it happens. It's not a well known thing and its far enough after "closing" that most people don't linger that long.

ThankstoMOM

DW and I love it, No razzle dazzle just sweet and simple. Last time we stayed for it, this Feb, we were the last 2 people in the park(asides CMs) It was a great moment and a amazing end to the day. totally worth it!!!!!!

Figments Friend

I had seen peices of it through the last few years when i would be wandering around the Park in the evening...but never really became aware of what it was exactly until last year when i saw it in full..twice. I tend to hang around some time after closing time, as the crowds thin out considerably and it is the perfect time to grab a quick bite on Main Street.

I was sitting outside one such night at one of the tables down by the water, across from the castle, where extra outdoor seating is for the Plaza Resturant . I was digging into a huge ice cream in a cup, when all of a sudden the music comes on suddenly at the start of the * Kiss Goodnight* presentation.
I was not expecting this...and it gave me a jolt...but a good one.

It was a great spot to be to see this....and it was quite nice to experience as you realize a lot of Guests miss it. I enjoyed it, and was glad to have finally seen it in full.

I would definately recommend seeing it in full at least once. A nice end to the day....and it gives you some breathing space from the congestion of the crowds.

wsmith1978

Original Poster
DW and I love it, No razzle dazzle just sweet and simple. Last time we stayed for it, this Feb, we were the last 2 people in the park(asides CMs) It was a great moment and a amazing end to the day. totally worth it!!!!!!

That is awesome! How special. We were there in Feb too. We will definitely be hanging around for this!!

dzlandSr

No. As long as you're on Main St. and not at the back of the park it's fine. They work from the back forward so they strongly erdge :) you to leave those areas first. Plus, if they are doing this show obviously they are expecting people to hang around for it. I've seen it a couple times and at most there was 10 people left on Main St. when it happens. It's not a well known thing and its far enough after "closing" that most people don't linger that long.

So can you be at the hub, by the the Walt and Mickey statue, to watch this? Or do you specifically have to be further down towards or on Main St? I want to check this out on my next visit and want to be as close to the castle as I can for it.

CP_alum08

So can you be at the hub, by the the Walt and Mickey statue, to watch this? Or do you specifically have to be further down towards or on Main St? I want to check this out on my next visit and want to be as close to the castle as I can for it.
There is a video on the first page of this thread shot from the hub. I've never personally watched it from there but I don't think it would be an issue. I've watched it from the flag pole and from the train station balcony.

bgraham34

I have actually been in the park when it happens but have yet to see it. I was in the Emporium when it happened. Another time I was waiting for the boat back to Wilderness Lodge.

dclick4968

I've also heard that until The Magic, Memories and You show (I.E. projections), this was the only time then top spire of the castle is illuminated - when it gets very bright for a few seconds towards the end.

SDisney90

I never even knew that "show" existed! Thanks I'll definitely try to watch it, I am going to MK 2 days during my trip, I will visit the last night before I leave :)

luis71091

I witnessed it for the first time last year right after EMH finished. I was taking pictures of the castle when they started the kiss goodnight. I gotta say, my eyes watered a little. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I loved, it's worth waiting around for.

Cmdr_Crimson

A good way to enjoy is that Main street stores are still open during that time..I like to take my time through the Emporium and then go across the way to the confectionary grab a snack and find a rocking chair by the Main Street Theater and people watch as it tapers down to a trickle of guests that's the way I like to see it and then you can get the best pictures in the park when it's really empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom