1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Who has witnessed "The Kiss Goodnight" in MK?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by wsmith1978, Sep 26, 2012.

1. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member

Is it worth sticking around for? I've been there 4 times and just now found out about it! LOL At what point does it happen? Right at park closing or shortly after?

2. maryszhi

maryszhi Well-Known Member

yes and at the end of the night when they are closing the park. its so moving i love it. its a must do!

3. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

It's about 45 minutes or so after the park closes..Here's what it looks like..

4. Mukta

Mukta Well-Known Member

I have seen it 3 times. It is nice and everyone should see it once.

Redhawk likes this.
  5. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We'll be sure to check it out on our next trip.

6. wiigirl

wiigirl Well-Known Member

Personally I like to see it, but the kids start crashing....but I always try to see it.
    [​IMG]

7. vitani88

vitani88 Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Why is it called "The goodnight kiss"?

8. plaz10

plaz10 Well-Known Member

I just saw it for the first time this trip! It was about 45 min to an hour after closing. It isn't something that is amazing or anything but it's cute. And I feel special seeing it since obviously not everyone is still at the parks. It's worth seeing once per trip...but not every night you're in MK.

9. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Is it ever a problem to stay 45 minutes after closing? Aren't CMs pushing you out the gates at that point?

10. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

Cause it signals the end of your magical day in the park, wishes you good night as you begin to exit the park.
    Leaves you with a last memory of the castle as it dims and then changes colors. At that point the "show on stage" ends. We always stay to view it, not only cause its part of our MK tradition but it allows the exiting crowds to thin out.

jlsHouston likes this.
  11. vitani88

Ahh. I think I will stay for it in December. I was just expecting a really kiss of some sort from Mickey and Minnie or perhaps one of the princesses and her prince.

12. luv

luv Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think it is a big deal. I'd never hang around just to see that.

I know some people really like it...and to each, his own, for sure...but I don't get the love for it at all.

Not saying you shouldn't hang around to see it, but if you do and you're then saying, "Seriously? That's it? I waited for that?!" ...you can't say you weren't warned, lol.

If you do hang around...let us know how you liked it!

kapeman likes this.
  13. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Well, It's better than "The Parks Closed Get Out! And Thanks for letting us have your money!"

I also find that Disneyland's Closing announcement to be quite funny.

14. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

Be nice to get a princess kiss, but those lips would get chapped and fall off from giving a kiss out to everyone exiting the park. ;)

vitani88 likes this.
  15. vitani88

lol! I meant a kiss between the couples! :D

16. Lands of Wonder

Lands of Wonder Well-Known Member

I think they do it twice, once for the guests at closing and another one for the hotel rooms facing the castle as the guests getting back from the Magic Kingdom.

17. timeman

timeman Active Member

They actually do it three or four times each night. After they do it the first time they do it again every 30 minutes. If you want to get the exact times they will be doing it, ask a CM at City Hall.

18. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

Here's mine. It's not all that hard to stay 45 mins past closing... get in a line right before closing and that could easily be a half hour between ride time and waiting, then take a couple pictures on your way out. I ended up on the second floor of the train station for a good 1.5 hours after the park closed. I didn't feel bad because I could still see lots of other guests leaving the park. When the crowds really started to thin out, then I headed out; I don't want to keep any CM's later than they have to be there!

19. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

It's not hard at all to wait for the Kiss goodnight!

Me I just stand on Main Street with my mouth wide open as I gawk at the beauty of the Castle for half an hour.

I do plan to someday do something about the puddle forming 'round my feet from the drool dripping from my chin.

MOUSEGIRL likes this.
  20. englanddg

englanddg These are attack eyebrows... Premium Member

Yeah, Kiss Goodnight isn't hard at all. Specially if you do a ride late (I recommend Splash for the view of the Castle at night, or Space...for the wait...they will keep you late there depending on the day).

I've seen it several times on my various trips, and it's fun to say you've experienced.