Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

Wow. This is embarassing.

Sen. Pat Roberts outed as ‘Frozen’ fan by ‘Let It Go’ ringtone at hearing

Not even the U.S. Senate is safe from “Frozen” fever.

Nearly two years after Disney premiered what would quickly become the highest-grossing animated film in history, the “Frozen” phenomenon lives on — fueled in large part by the movie’s theme song, “Let it Go,” whose unprecedented popularity among grade-schoolers everywhere even prompted an apology from the film’s director.

At this point, the infectiousness of “Let It Go” has spread far beyond America’s 8-year-olds and their parents into a full-blown contagion. In addition to YouTube, home to several hours worth of “Let It Go” covers from all over the world, versions of the song have been heard everywhere, from a local Cincinnati traffic report to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" to a Senate Finance Committee hearing on U.S. tariff policy.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was speaking on that very topic Thursday morning when he was interrupted by the unmistakable musical stylings of Idina Menzel. Not even the stodgiest guy in the room could resist a chuckle as “Let It Go” blared from the cellphone of none other than Republican Sen. Pat Roberts, the 78-year-old former Marine Corps captain who had been interrogating Vilsack about the Obama administration’s massive free-trade agreement proposal.

Muttering “Aw, come on,” as he silenced his singing smartphone, Roberts handled the embarrassing moment relatively smoothly.

“Just let it go, mister,” he joked to Vilsack, getting a resounding laugh from the room, before getting back to business — and presumably making a mental note to put his phone on silent before future meetings.

https://vine.co/v/ezb6uE9jaFt

acishere

Wow. This is embarassing.

Sen. Pat Roberts outed as ‘Frozen’ fan by ‘Let It Go’ ringtone at hearing

Not even the U.S. Senate is safe from “Frozen” fever.

Nearly two years after Disney premiered what would quickly become the highest-grossing animated film in history, the “Frozen” phenomenon lives on — fueled in large part by the movie’s theme song, “Let it Go,” whose unprecedented popularity among grade-schoolers everywhere even prompted an apology from the film’s director.

At this point, the infectiousness of “Let It Go” has spread far beyond America’s 8-year-olds and their parents into a full-blown contagion. In addition to YouTube, home to several hours worth of “Let It Go” covers from all over the world, versions of the song have been heard everywhere, from a local Cincinnati traffic report to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" to a Senate Finance Committee hearing on U.S. tariff policy.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was speaking on that very topic Thursday morning when he was interrupted by the unmistakable musical stylings of Idina Menzel. Not even the stodgiest guy in the room could resist a chuckle as “Let It Go” blared from the cellphone of none other than Republican Sen. Pat Roberts, the 78-year-old former Marine Corps captain who had been interrogating Vilsack about the Obama administration’s massive free-trade agreement proposal.

Muttering “Aw, come on,” as he silenced his singing smartphone, Roberts handled the embarrassing moment relatively smoothly.

“Just let it go, mister,” he joked to Vilsack, getting a resounding laugh from the room, before getting back to business — and presumably making a mental note to put his phone on silent before future meetings.

https://vine.co/v/ezb6uE9jaFt
The video of this was the "Your Moment of Zen" on the Daily Show last night.

Arthur Wellesley

Englanddg shared this video in The Force Awakens thread. Shows multiple reactions to the new Star Wars trailer that was released yesterday. Just thought it was funny & worth a re-share here. (Not to mention I was a combination of all these people at one point or another while watching the trailer. :oops: )

Goofyernmost

Englanddg shared this video in The Force Awakens thread. Shows multiple reactions to the new Star Wars trailer that was released yesterday. Just thought it was funny & worth a re-share here. (Not to mention I was a combination of all these people at one point or another while watching the trailer. :oops: )

Just out of curiosity, to be a Star Wars fan is one of the requirements to have snot dripping our of your nose and you just leave it there. May the phlegm be with you!:hungry:

NYwdwfan

The sight of the Imperial Star Destroyer crashed in the sand gave me goosebumps. I'm a total SWGeek.

Arthur Wellesley

The sight of the Imperial Star Destroyer crashed in the sand gave me goosebumps. I'm a total SWGeek.
When Han Solo & Chewie appeared, my childhood was screaming with joy.

Waiting all the way until December is going to be a lot harder than it seems. In a way, it was kinda cruel for JJ Abrams to release such an epic trailer so far off from the movie's opening.

PUSH

Original Poster
When Han Solo & Chewie appeared, my childhood was screaming with joy.

Waiting all the way until December is going to be a lot harder than it seems. In a way, it was kinda cruel for JJ Abrams to release such an epic trailer so far off from the movie's opening.
It brought me back to my childhood, too, but my childhood involved the opposite three films instead.

Lucky

When we were real young my mother took us to see 2001: A Space Odyssey. That made for 4 bored and confused little kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom