Whispering Canyon

stevedisney

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to Disney at the beginning of May and want to try the Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet (lunch/dinner) at the Wilderness Lodge. Just checking what peoples thoughts are on this restaurant.

tigsmom

We always get the breakfast skillet when we stay there. The lunch/dinner skillet is very good, but its not really my family's taste. Its a little too smokey for us.

righttrack

Whispering Canyon is a fun place. Skillet is the way to go, for each meal. I prefer the breakfast, but I'm more of a big breakfast person anyway. Don't forget the ketchup.

MansionFan415

righttrack said:
Whispering Canyon is a fun place. Skillet is the way to go, for each meal. I prefer the breakfast, but I'm more of a big breakfast person anyway. Don't forget the ketchup.

We are going to eat there when we go next month too.

Gotta ask....since you said not to forget it....do they not have ketchup!?!?!?!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

tigsmom

MansionFan415 said:
We are going to eat there when we go next month too.

Gotta ask....since you said not to forget it....do they not have ketchup!?!?!?!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

:lol:

Ask for straws and use your cell phone during the meal too! :lookaroun

Videoteck

stevedisney said:
My wife and I are going to Disney at the beginning of May and want to try the Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet (lunch/dinner) at the Wilderness Lodge. Just checking what peoples thoughts are on this restaurant.

Good food! Plus they make fun of you and stuff, guy kept calling me speilberg cuze I had a camera out lol.

P.S. Make sure you DONT pass the ketchup lol. See what happens lol.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Been there numerous times. The food has always been great. For the money the all you can eat skillet cant be beat as long as you are hungry! Breakfast and dinner seem like the best times, the only reason I say that is it seems like the staff is really in character first thing and last thing in the day. Our lunches there have still been great food wise, but sometimes theme wise it's not it full effect. :wave:

MansionFan415

tigsmom said:
:lol:

Ask for straws and use your cell phone during the meal too! :lookaroun

See, in ALL the times I have been to Disney, and Wilderness Lodge even being my favorite resort, I have NEVER been to Whispering Canyon. I didn't realize it had the same kind of feel as Primetime over at MGM. Awwww man....they are gonna eat me alive with the ketchup thing.:hammer: :lol:

kbusch

Whispering Canyon is great! We were there in January for our 1st time. My husband had the dinner skillet and he loved it. I had a cajun pasta that was really good as well. A lot of food though so make sure you go hungry. The servers there are a riot and will keep you plenty entertained. Public humiliation is something that you can not be afraid of if you go there. It's all in good fun! And as everyone else has stated.....ask for the ketchup!!! Have fun :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This is my favorite restaurant ever. Where else can you get 25 bottles of ketchup? When I went in August my waitress ended up trying to set up a date between me and this guy at another table. Apparently I was there on the day she decided to start her matchmaker business...lol. The skillets are amazing. A LOT of food. :slurp: All I can say is leave your pride and self consciousness at the door and you'll end up having on of the most fun meals ever. Also, don't come to dinner late or you'll get yelled at... I hope you like riding horses. :)

tigsmom

tiggerific418 said:
This is my favorite restaurant ever. Where else can you get 25 bottles of ketchup? When I went in August my waitress ended up trying to set up a date between me and this guy at another table. Apparently I was there on the day she decided to start her matchmaker business...lol. The skillets are amazing. A LOT of food. :slurp: All I can say is leave your pride and self consciousness at the door and you'll end up having on of the most fun meals ever. Also, don't come to dinner late or you'll get yelled at... I hope you like riding horses. :)

When were you there in August? Did this happen at breakfast?
We saw a little matchmaking going on when we were there also. :lookaroun

My niece had the same thing happen to her the other year when they were visiting the WCC also. :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
tigsmom said:

My niece had the same thing happen to her the other year when they were visiting the WCC also. :lol:

I was there August 21-25 but we went for dinner. I guess matchmaking at the WCC is more common than I thought. I think i'm going to have to keep going back there more frequently if i'm going to keep getting all these offers for dates. Now wouldn't that be a great Disney story....love at first site at the WCC....:lol: Love it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The BBQ skillet is great for dinner, we also got the all you can drink milkshakes. All you can eat BBQ and chocolate milkshakes, what a great deal!!!

PixyDust

Be sure to ask for a BIG drink

Tell them you're REALLY thirsty and you might get something like my son did. We ended up filling three to go cups with the drink that was left! Check the lady in the background. Not sure if she's happy about the head ornament they put on her! (Wow what an old pic - I haven't had red hair in quite a while.)
DSC00269.JPG

tigsmom

tiggerific418 said:
I was there August 21-25 but we went for dinner. I guess matchmaking at the WCC is more common than I thought. I think i'm going to have to keep going back there more frequently if i'm going to keep getting all these offers for dates. Now wouldn't that be a great Disney story....love at first site at the WCC....:lol: Love it.

We were there the same time! :wave:

pixel-dust

Love the place. The skillet rocks, but so do the nachos, and the pulled pork sandwich. The fried chicken, while good, tasted the same as Prime Time cafe.

MT Wallet is a fabulous server. She always makes us laugh.

lawyergirl77

epcot2004 said:
Is the "show" on for breakfast too? I don't know if I can handle the "commotion" that early in the morning.:snore:
Yup, but they went easy on us until I had at least one cup of coffee... :lol:

We're trying it for dinner this trip! I can hardly wait!!! :sohappy:

DisneyMarg

We thought it was fun and enjoyed the meal. When we went, for dinner one night with darling daughter (DD), 15, the server started by asking her name,and then asked her to stand. When she stood up, the server took her seat and said, "I've had a long day - could you take this table for me?" So our daughter proceeded to take drink orders and was headed off to the kitchen to fill them when the server finally said, "Oh, nevermind - I'll just do it myself!" The whole evening was fun and writing about it makes it sound hokey and over the top, but when you are there, you easily get into the spirit of things and it can make for a memorable evening. (but not in a romantic way...)

Irrawaddy Erik

tigsmom said:

What your meeting other forum members at the Cafe now, too? :lol: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom