Whispering Canyon vs. The Wave

Sadielady

Original Poster
I'm trying to decide where to eat the night we arrive. We are staying at BLT. I was thinking it would be nice to eat at the resort or near by. Anybody have an opinion about these two restaurants or other suggestions? We won't be in the parks this day. Thanks.

HollyAD

It's been a few years since we did Whispering Canyon. However, it is fun if you are into that type of humor.It's western themed with a little added sarcasm. And...don't forget to ask for the Ketchup! The food was decent the last time we went. I love the atmosphere of the Wilderness lodge. I have read wonderful reviews about the food at Artist Point. It is a signature restaurant so it is pricier but I think it would be worth the money!

MarkTwain

Whispering Canyon, no contest. My meal at the Wave was good but nothing to write home about; all my meals at Whispering Canyon have been... well, "memorable" probably would be an understatement. ;)

4disneylovers

Never eaten at wave. Looked menu in August and thought not really that interesting.

Eaten at whispering canyon twice and had great time and food both times. But u do have to be a good sport.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You don't even have to be a "good sport" anymore. Just turn your coaster so the red side is facing up and you'll be left out of any antics that take place.

DizneyPryncess

My husband and I took our daughter to Whispering Canyon and we had a great time! We were in a back corner table, and our daughter was still a baby, so we weren't very involved with the antics. But we enjoyed the food, and loved watching all the craziness go on. I can't compare it to the Wave, as I've never been there. But just wanted to chime in that WC is a lot of fun. And the Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort to visit too!

Tinkerbell397

Whispering Canyon and The Wave are 2 totally different dining experiences. Whispering Canyon is interactive, loud and rowdy at times. The food is more "down home" comfort foods with a Cracker Barrel atmosphere. The Wave is quiet dining with a eclectic menu. We have always enjoyed our meals there. So...it depends what you want to experience. Look at the menu and see what interests you. The boat ride from The CR to The WL is very nice and relaxing. Once off the boat, it is a nice walk to The WL. Don't forget that you are also a monorail ride to The GF and The Polynesian. The Grand Floridian Cafe is very nice as is The Kona Cafe. Citrico's and Narccossee's are a bit more upscale and very very nice....also a monorail ride. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

MickeyMomV

Whispering Canyon and The Wave are 2 totally different dining experiences. Whispering Canyon is interactive, loud and rowdy at times. The food is more "down home" comfort foods with a Cracker Barrel atmosphere. The Wave is quiet dining with a eclectic menu. We have always enjoyed our meals there. So...it depends what you want to experience. Look at the menu and see what interests you. The boat ride from The CR to The WL is very nice and relaxing. Once off the boat, it is a nice walk to The WL. Don't forget that you are also a monorail ride to The GF and The Polynesian. The Grand Floridian Cafe is very nice as is The Kona Cafe. Citrico's and Narccossee's are a bit more upscale and very very nice....also a monorail ride. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:
Completely agree with Tinkerbell on this. Two completely different experiences. Both are great but hard to rate between the two since they have very different atmospheres! Just depends on what your looking for!

Tom 55

after waiting longer than I expected this is what shows up. I almost laughed. Dinning room opens at 5pm and we had a 5pm reservation. the place was not very busy but the waitress kept disappearing. Took 20 minutes to pay the bill. Overall the whole meal was more than 90 minutes. Most of the time was us waiting for something. waiting to place order, waiting for food, waiting for the bill, waiting to get receipt. We have been trying different places to eat. this is on our never again list.

Attachments

• IMG_3074.JPG
    IMG_3074.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 42

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom