Which week in October?

betak

Planning a trip for October 2016. Our son will have 2 weeks off in October, but the school has not released their calendar yet. Based on the past two years that he's been there, I am assuming he will be out starting October 3. I got pricing for the week of October 3 and October 10, and was leaning towards the 10th, but then saw it is Columbus Day week. If we plan to arrive on Monday (for either week) and stay through Saturday, will there be a big difference in crowds between the weeks, given the holiday? We would only be in the parks Tues-Fri, mostly likely.

jaklgreen

It will be less busy the first week compared to Columbus day. But if that is the only time you can go, it is still not crazy busy. Make sure you do not wait too long to book your hotel next year. They sell out pretty fast in that month.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We have been from 9/30-10/11 before and it was really great. Definitely warm and humid at times but nothing unbearable or uncomfortable. Mickeys Halloween Party is going on at MK. Food and Wine festival at Epcot is nice but draws crowds especially nights and weekends and like others said, avoid Columbus Day and mostly all other holidays if possible.
If you get the schedule and it turns out to be that 10/3 start date, I'd go then. If you have to go later you'll be ok and just plan for a bit more crowding.
Happy planning!

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I believe a number of school systems have a fall break in the middle of October so I'd avoid that time frame. I think early October may be nice though I'm not sure if they'll have the halloween stuff by then.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Mid October isn't to bad. Foodvand Wine Festival is still going so Epcot could be busy and the Halloween party is going select nights at MK so that'll close early unless you go to the party

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom