Which was your favourite ticketing system?

Which ticketing system worked best for you

• Total voters

mergatroid

Original Poster
Was it 'old school' no FP's, join a single line and wait like everyone else?

Was it the paper FP machines when it was first come, first serve?

Or perhaps the current FP+ book weeks in advance system?

I think I'm going paper FP system, fairest method and made touring plans for the day much better if you knew what you were doing :cool:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I thought FP+ was an unnecessary upgrade, but it does kind of alleviate the problem of having to walk back and forth redundantly between the time you get the FP and the time when you ride. Still, I'm not really a fan of planning rides in advance.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I thought FP+ was an unnecessary upgrade, but it does kind of alleviate the problem of having to walk back and forth redundantly between the time you get the FP and the time when you ride. Still, I'm not really a fan of planning rides in advance.
It also gets rid of the "morning rush" of crowds to snag high demand FPs like what used to happen at rope drop at HS for TSMM for years.

Mouse_Trap

Could have been FP......but they completely messed up the system by giving out far to many return tickets.
Then they made it even worse by making the merge ratio too completely skewed in FP favour.

I would quite like to see a hybrid system. No more than 3 FP a day, but fcfs only on the day.

BJones82

I'm one of the few who actually loves FP+.

I'm teetering lol, I voted for FP+, but for me to love it they need to add the ability to get your extra FPs from the mobile app, once this happens and I don't have to go to a kiosk then I will love it (And for those thinking I'm a crazy planner, I don't plan my FPs until the night before per my Fiancée's request because we don't want to be locked into what parks we go to what days outside of one or two ADRs)...

Doug Means

i'm a go with the flow kind of guy. can't change much once the system is in so i do the best i can with the system i have to work with. i'm going to go back to WDW whatever the system is (i think). with that said other amusement parks in the world make you pay for something similar to a fast pass, so i'm really glad WDW doesn't do that!

JIMINYCR

Paper FP. I hate having to decide everything 3 months in advance. I could go to any park on any day and get a FP as long as it wasnt later in the day and they ran out. Everyone gets one at a time, thats fair. No worries to compete with someone booking a FP and not intending to use it, no electronic device to carry to make changes, no need to find a kiosk and wait in lines to again compete for something you might or might not get. If I was running late for a dinner or leaving the park earlier than I intended I could give my FP to someone else standing in line and make their day. Paper FP... simple, easy to understand, easy to use, much better.

bethymouse

Paper FP. IMHO the new FP+ system is unfair to those "thrill" ride lovers like my family who have to choose between RNRC and TSMM! or TT and Soarin! Not happy about that, nor the number of Fast passes available! 3- now come on!:mad:

mergatroid

Original Poster
None.

Well balanced parks spread their crowds out with plenty of quality, appealing attractions.

You're probably like me my friend where 'back in the day' you had a system to combat the parks. Summer time at the MK gates waiting for the opening, then straight to Space Mountain for a next to no wait ride. Then hike over to either Splash or Thunder for a not too bad a queue so you had the mountains covered for the day. Usually HM or Pirates next before zipping back to Tomorrowland to begin working on other attractions, man I had the MK down to a tee back then! Even used to look forward to Space going down during an afternoon storm just cause I knew I'd get another ride out of it when it reopened after most of the queue had given up and moved elsewhere..

To be honest, I'd pretty much owned the system with the paper FP's too. It wasn't that much different to before they were introduced, with just a bit of fine tuning needed. And when I got myself a 'Mrs Merg' is was even better as she doesn't do the mountains so I'd get FP's on her ticket and use them for myself :cool:

FP+ isn't good for us now really, we go for a 3 week period and buy AP's. We like to just pop into the parks on spec some days as and when for a few hours but find that this approach is now hindered by FP+ and the advance planning needed. Ah well, one day we'll crack it maybe but it's a lot harder than it used to be!!!!

EOD K9

Provided that nothing was 101, the lines without FP always seemed to move. I think if the front line CMs would better distribute the ratio, it would be a little better. It can be annoying when 80 or so FP are allowed to go and only about 10 from stand-by are let in. FP is billed as little to no wait. A 5 minute wait for FP wouldn't be a big ask.

J_Carioca

Paper FP. I hate having to decide everything 3 months in advance. I could go to any park on any day and get a FP as long as it wasnt later in the day and they ran out. Everyone gets one at a time, thats fair. No worries to compete with someone booking a FP and not intending to use it, no electronic device to carry to make changes, no need to find a kiosk and wait in lines to again compete for something you might or might not get. If I was running late for a dinner or leaving the park earlier than I intended I could give my FP to someone else standing in line and make their day. Paper FP... simple, easy to understand, easy to use, much better.

Amen! This is EVERYTHING I loved about the old system. You totally nailed what made it work (and what makes FP+ so frustrating).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Paper fastpasses were much better. It worked better with less people knowing about the system. Most people would maybe get one fastpass and then either forget about it or just not care to find them the rest of the days. It worked better. It was both more simple and less known to the average park guest making it easy to work with.

FP+ is ridiculous.. Lines for FP+ next to Stitch's Great Escape extend into the extra queue line for that attraction, making it look like that attraction must be a headliner! But really, the headline attraction that bypasses the space mountain wait time is the FP+ kiosk station!! Geez.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I rocked FP+ last week at MK. Picked 3 passes only 7 days out and then continuously grabbed fast passes in the park. We must have gone through over 10 fast passes all for different attractions

I think the only standby line we did where we waited over 15 minutes was for 7DMT. standby sign said 40 minutes but we got through in 20.

Worldlover71

None at all! You pick a land and you work your way around the park-no backtracking and criss crossing. All lines moved at a steady rate. I'll even go one further and say I liked the ticket books. It cut down on the people who spent all day on the E Tickets, making the lines shorter for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom