Which Universal Hotel??

WeHeartDisney

Original Poster
Well he didn't tell you all - the piazza with the opera singer in the late afternoon drinking wine and eating pizza from Sal's come to mind ;)

Thanks!!!! I actually did see a YouTube video with the opera singer!! It seems like it would be a lovely area to hang out after dinner ....maybe even enjoy an evening stroll :happy:

DisneyDaver

I've stayed at the Portofino twice and the Hard Rock once. Both were great! The Portofino is more upscale ... though think Grand Floridian level (not Four Seasons). The Portofino also had more restaurant options and the opera singer in the piazza is a nice tough. The Hard Rock is a shorter walk to the parks ... Hard Rock walk about 5-7 mins while Portofino about 12-15. My own impression is that when traveling with just my wife, I would prefer the Portofino, but when traveling with kids, I would prefer the Hard Rock. That said, both are great options either way.

WeHeartDisney

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your response! The more videos I watch, the more I understand what you mean about Portofino. It really looks like a beautiful place!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom