Which to use credits on? CRT or Le Cellier?

JMMS

Original Poster
Hi All!

After looking at our final plans, I see that we've gone over on credits because we're having two 2-TS meals: one breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and one dinner at Le Cellier. So, we realize that we'll have to pay out of pocket for one.

Our agent recommended that we pay out of pocket for CRT, and she hasn't steered us wrong yet, but looking at the menu prices, it seems that we should pay out of pocket for Le Cellier, instead. Is there a reason why we wouldn't?

Our family consists of me, my husband, and two children under 9. Thanks for your input!

:)

P.S.: Is Le Cellier worth it? We do love our steaks...other suggestions for Epcot are welcome!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi All!

After looking at our final plans, I see that we've gone over on credits because we're having two 2-TS meals: one breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and one dinner at Le Cellier. So, we realize that we'll have to pay out of pocket for one.

Our agent recommended that we pay out of pocket for CRT, and she hasn't steered us wrong yet, but looking at the menu prices, it seems that we should pay out of pocket for Le Cellier, instead. Is there a reason why we wouldn't?

Our family consists of me, my husband, and two children under 9. Thanks for your input!

P.S.: Is Le Cellier worth it? We do love our steaks...other suggestions for Epcot are welcome!
Love love love Le Cellier!!! We go every single trip and will never miss it! We actually prefer over Yachtsman and Jiko unlike many opinions on here!! Lol. It's definately the best in EPCOT if you do not want to leave the park to go eat. Now our other new fave is California Grill that is a tie with Le Cellier but as for EPCOT area definately would go to Le Cellier. Just my opinion and you will get mixed opinions on this board.
As for paying out of pocket just figure out the totals for the menu items you want vs the set price per person at CRT to decide which to pay OOP for. All depends on what you will eat at Le Cellier but I think probably you are correct and should use it on CRT in my opinion. Just me and the hubby we paid CRT OOP and used credits for Le Cellier but we were only 2 people and no kiddos. The kids will not eat as much possibly or the more expensive items at Le Cellier.
Just figure the math out and make that decision for your family. :)

GrammieBee

Le Celler is definitely a good place for steaks. We eat there most visits. However, with two children under nine to consider, you might want to give Cinderella's Royal Table some serious thought. Good steak is available many places, but eating in the castle and meeting Disney charactors can happen only in the Magic Kingdom.

thompson2224

I guess my question would be how many days is your trip and what other reservations do you have? If you have other reservations that are 1 TS each then pay out of pocket for one of those and save your TS for the 2 TS each. So for example if somewhere during your trip you have reservations to say the plaza and you were planning to use your TS there, then instead pay out of pocket at the plaza and use that TS you saved to pay for the signature dining

sxeensweet

If you want to eat in the castle and met characters then go with CRT.

If you want steak, skip Le Cellier and go to Yachtsman.
I think her main question was which one of those to pay OOP for. They plan on keeping both reservations but are also asking if Le Cellier is good for steaks at EPCOT. :)

sxeensweet

Le Celler is definitely a good place for steaks. We eat there most visits. However, with two children under nine to consider, you might want to give Cinderella's Royal Table some serious thought. Good steak is available many places, but eating in the castle and meeting Disney charactors can happen only in the Magic Kingdom.
They want to do both but wondering which one to pay OOP for vs the other. :)

stevehousse

We are in the same boat here. We have two 2 credit meals so we will need to either pay out of pocket (mind you our family of 5 the totals for both restaurants come out to about $300 for each of those meals!!!) or pay for some one credit places. We have both CRT and Jedi Mckey Star Wars dinner with fantasmic package. It's actually cheaper for us to pay for 2 one credit meals instead so that's what we will be doing.

HouCuseChickie

While I'm not a fan of DDP as it does not match our dining style, the couple of times we've done the regular plan, paying OOP for CRT made the most sense. I basically split the cost of the meal in half to see how much I was really getting per credit and CRT always worked out less per credit than our other TS meals for those trips. That being said, if what you plan to order at Le Cellier (that's included with DDP) is more than the cost per credit for CRT...then Le Cellier is the better bet for your DDP credit.

As for your question on "is Le Cellier worth it," I completely agree with @Master Yoda on ditching it for Yachtsman. I know this all boils down to personal preferences and there is no universal right or wrong answer here, but I found the steaks at Le Cellier to be quite average and not exactly signature worthy. Ultimately, I felt it was heavily over-hyped. Yachtsman, on the other hand, was outstanding and worthy of the signature status, IMO (in all areas...food, setting, service, etc.).

TXDisney

Le Celier is our favorite restaurant at Disney so I'd say it's def. worth it. If your getting filets then yes pay out of pocket for CRT breakfast for sure.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

Le Cellier is over all better food and an amazing dinner. Something that everyone should do once. I would say CRT is what you should pay OOP for since its a flat rate/fee. My DH and I, no matter how much we try, we always over spend on dining, especially at dinners like at Le Cellier. Getting the extra side or some drinkipoos, etc. I think its hard to stick to the budget on the menu at Le Cellier bc everything is amazing. So use as much credit as possible there so your bill is lower, especially if you are getting the filets. But I want to add something here. We no longer dine at Le Cellier, even though we love it, since they moved to a signature dining restaurant. I just don't think its worth the 2 dining credits per person. Its hard to justify since we were used to using only one for it. There are other amazing steaks on property. We save the credits and although no Le Cellier, we really like Chefs de France. Or if you want the real steak experience, and are willing to use the 2 TS credits, head via the International Gateway to Yachtsmen and have the steak there. Even though we have not been there before, I have been told over and over that it is the best steak on property.

Gaston's gal

I would use my credit on the dining plan for the meal that's the most expensive. If your agent recommended one, I would hope she would know which to suggest. Have fun

AC21075

I'm going to say pay out of pocket for Le Cellier, even though neither option really gives you the best value for your credits overall. I definitely wouldn't give up two other (one credit) table service meals to make it work.

First, my resources suggest that the average price of a meal at Le Cellier is less than the CRT breakfast rate. I don't know how your kids eat, but I would guess they might be able to get away cheaper than average at Le Cellier, while there's not really any price differential to take advantage of at CRT. Yes, you could all max out and order the most expensive thing on the menu, but in my opinion, why go to a nice place to all order the same thing?

Secondly, you'll give yourself more flexibility paying OOP at Le Cellier. CRT is what it is, regardless of how you eat, so the dining plan rules don't change anything. But if you pay for Le Cellier, you could get two apps and two desserts to share, rather than having to get four desserts and pay OOP for apps anyway. You or your husband could get alcoholic beverages instead of the DDP soft drink, an option you don't have at CRT. And I'm not really sure how using DDP credits would restrict your kids options at Le Cellier (kids menu only?)

So, even if ordering what you want at Le Cellier and paying OOP costs more than CRT in the end, I think you may get more value by being able to actually order what you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom