Which To cancel??

collinsbrooke89

Original Poster
We leave for Disney in 3 weeks and had all our reservations set but now our travel agent had said liberty tree has opened up for our week and she has scored us a reservation. I already had booked a different reservation so now I need input on which to cancel.. We have reservations at the following and need to cancel one.

Whispering canyon cafe
Ohana
Be our guest (we have a lunch reservation here in addition to a dinner so I'm wondering if we should cancel the dinner one since were eating there anyways)
Mama Melrose
Sci-Fi Diner
San Angel Inn
Liberty tree tavern

Thoughts/suggestions?

Tuvalu

I agree with @ratherbeinwdw, keep your BOG lunch and cancel dinner. At lunch you get to select which room you would like to dine in (at dinner you are assigned a table) and the grey stuff (Master's cupcake) is better at lunch (at dinner it is placed atop a hard brownie.)

We have enjoyed every lunch entree but found the dinner just okay.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The only one I would cancel is San Angel. Love all the rest but I will say Liberty Tree we prefer at lunch because it's a regular menu not family style meal and enjoy the food offered at lunch. Also BOG dinner was awesome (just ate there last month for dinner finally) and we are picky and eat at many signatures on property every trip and put BOG even though it's not a signature up there with them. DH had the lamb and said it was better than any lamb he has ever eaten anywhere (and he always try's lamb at the fancier restaurants we have dined at all ariund the US). I really enjoyed the scallops and shrimp dish and I'm picky with seafood being from south Louisiana! Lol. We love lunch there too and eat there every single trip for lunch. Dinner you get to meet the beast which is awesome at BOG. :)

LizC

I agree with checking menus, if you haven't already. In my opinion I would cancel Mama Melrose. I find the food there to be on par with an olive garden. I enjoyed Be Our Guest dinner much more than lunch, may have had something to do with the champagne though. ;)

Enjoy your trip!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Don't understand all the flack for Mama Melrose! Maybe pre 2013 its reputation was not the greatest but after the menu change in late 2013 we absolutely love it and do not find it like Olive Garden at all!! DH loves the Seafood Arrabiata and I love another pasta dish I can't think of off hand. All depends what you order too I would never order lasagna or spaghetti etc. lol. Rather something more unique or different.
Everyone is different and entitled to like or not like what they want but like others said look at all the menus and decide which restaurants most appeal to you and your family. Mama's is a must do for us each trip and was delicious last month as always. :)

HouCuseChickie

Another vote for canceling one of your BOG ressies; however, if you don't go that route...Mama Melrose or San Angel would be next on my list of things to ditch.

MaryJaneP

Our opinion, FWIW, in order, we would consider cancelling either the lunch or dinner BOG, if not one of them, then Mama Melrose, and if not any of the foregoing, then Sci-Fi.

DisneyXmas

Dump Sci Fi or Liberty Tree, keep Mama Melrosa's. I agree with a previous poster new menu new chef. It all changed about 3 yeas ago and now it's a must every visit. I gave up on le cellier and now have the steak here instead. Add a little pasta instead of Mac n cheese and a side of calamari and I'm set

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom