Which steakhouse do you suggest and why?

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
I am planning a trip in the fall for my DW who has been very sick but is now on the road to recovery. We have been to WDW many times and have eaten at many of the restaurants. I am planning her favorite places Victoria & Albert's, California Grill, BOG and Cosmic Rays (go figure). I would also to include a good steakhouse on the list. I do not want to go off property e.g. Ruth Chris or Capital Grille and I have my options down to four restaurants: Shula’s, Yachtsman, the Boat House and STK. We been to Shula’s and Yachtsman in the past and enjoyed both. We have not been to the Boat House or STK. Price wise they are in the same range. Therefore, I would like any input as to which you prefer and why to assist in my decision, Thank You

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I am planning a trip in the fall for my DW who has been very sick but is now on the road to recovery. We have been to WDW many times and have eaten at many of the restaurants. I am planning her favorite places Victoria & Albert's, California Grill, BOG and Cosmic Rays (go figure). I would also to include a good steakhouse on the list. I do not want to go off property e.g. Ruth Chris or Capital Grille and I have my options down to four restaurants: Shula’s, Yachtsman, the Boat House and STK. We been to Shula’s and Yachtsman in the past and enjoyed both. We have not been to the Boat House or STK. Price wise they are in the same range. Therefore, I would like any input as to which you prefer and why to assist in my decision, Thank You
The only one we haven't been to is STK. Boathouse was awesome and highly recommended. Great food, service, and ambiance.

BigRedDad

If "onsite" is a requirement, I can recommend two. One from experience and the other from highly recommended friends. First, Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. I did not have steak while there, but the burger was excellent. The waiter did bring me a small sample bite of ribeye. It was good, but I just wanted a burger. The other is Shula's at the Swan/Dolphin. Friends have eaten there and absolutely love it. I know I said 2, but there is a 3rd I heard good things about. The Turf Club at SSR. People I know and others I met there said it is delicious.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I hope your DW is doing well.

In regards to the dining, I have not eaten at Shula's but the other three. Yachtsman used to me our favorite until the Boathouse opened up. We have never had one bad meal there. The food was amazing and service was great! Our family is also big fans of STK as well. The atmosphere is upbeat and the steaks are awesome too! Its a close call, but I would have to give it to the Boathouse. The menu there is much larger and has many more options than STK. If you are unsure about menus I would take a look before you arrive!

Boathouse
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/boathouse-restaurant/menus/

STK
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/stk-steakhouse/menus/dinner/

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Shula's. And not just for the best Steak... they also currently have the best LOBSTER on property.
We've taken to going there TWICE, each trip - two trips per year :). One for steak, one for Lobster.
TIW accepted, no DDP.

MMDisneyPodcaster

I absolutely agree with those saying Shula's. Best steak I've had on property. Le Cellier has declined in my opinion recently. Boat has does have a cool atmosphere and im sure what ever you get there would be good.

reptar77

Yachtmans Steakhouse, I ordered the wagyu the last 3 times I have gone. It is AWESOME
26853942633_d079f8c339_b.jpg

JusticeDisney

Shula's all day long. The others are great options, don't get me wrong. But Shula's is the clear winner IMO.

If I had to pick a runner up, I would go with Yachtsman.

riverscu0m0

Boathouse is great, so is Yachtmans. I preferred the Boathouse, I felt like Boathouse had more options. I've not been to STK in DTD, however, I have been in New York City. Great, highly recommended. Not as well themed as Boathouse or Yachtmans, but still great.

Mark P.

The only one we've done was Yachtsman, so I can't compare the quality of food (which was excellent, for what it's worth), but we were surprisingly underwhelmed by the quality of service - it started out exactly on par with every other signature meal we've had on property but cratered as the place filled to capacity. We'll do any of the others mentioned above before we go back to Yachtsman.

Hockey89

The only one we've done was Yachtsman, so I can't compare the quality of food (which was excellent, for what it's worth), but we were surprisingly underwhelmed by the quality of service - it started out exactly on par with every other signature meal we've had on property but cratered as the place filled to capacity. We'll do any of the others mentioned above before we go back to Yachtsman.
Like most Disney restaurants, there really is hit or miss nights at the signature places... I've had great meals at YM... I've had blah meals as well... Great service and iffy service.... Same for Artist point and a few others....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom