Which signature restaurant

summerwind

Original Poster
I am trying to decide about signature dining. There are so any things to consider. For example: atmosphere, noise level, cuisine, location, etc. So I'd like to know which you would choose, and more importantly, why?

DisneyPrincess5

Our favorite signatures are California Grill and Brown Derby. The CG location and views are breathtaking.
Both for the savory fillet and mouth watering sides. Two of the best meals I've ever had in my life.
I haven't found either to be very quiet in our experiences but both atmospheres are relaxing and beautiful to us. We like to try and get early dinner ADRs as we find that to be more low key.

coachwnh

I am trying to decide about signature dining. There are so any things to consider. For example: atmosphere, noise level, cuisine, location, etc. So I'd like to know which you would choose, and more importantly, why?
Narcoossee at the Grand Floridian is my favorite. we've had great experiences at Citrico's (GF) and Yachtsman (YC) as well. Of course Cali Grill is amazing, but I prefer Narcoossee.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As others have said, it's what your intentions are that should determine which you go to.
Price, location, atmosphere, clientele, and menu.

If it's a quiet price is not an issue (and you can secure it) chef's table at Victoria and Alberts.

We at at Todd English's BlueZoo last night and it was quiet, well apportioned, delicious seafood, and a respectable well dressed clientele. We'll be back there again.

summerwind

Original Poster
So on non-signature sit down meals, these things don't influence your decision?

Since I have never experienced signature dining, I am looking forward to a "total experience". Mood, atmosphere, food, all of it! lol
With non-signature sit down meals, quite frankly, I am not so fussy. For example: I chose a character breakfast based on the characters; I may choose based on a previous visit; we found Beaches and Cream because it was a lighter meal and easy to get to; Olivia's because we were staying at OKW; Ohana because it was the closest thing to "Brazilian BBQ"; Boma for the tasting adventure. (I was surprised when the kids at the adjacent table picked up their sliced beef with their fingers, and bit a hole in the middle of it, but that's another story for another day!)
So those things are sometimes considered, sometimes not, but with signature, I'm selfish, I want it all, or as close as I can get!

coachwnh

Since I have never experienced signature dining, I am looking forward to a "total experience". Mood, atmosphere, food, all of it! lol
With non-signature sit down meals, quite frankly, I am not so fussy. For example: I chose a character breakfast based on the characters; I may choose based on a previous visit; we found Beaches and Cream because it was a lighter meal and easy to get to; Olivia's because we were staying at OKW; Ohana because it was the closest thing to "Brazilian BBQ"; Boma for the tasting adventure. (I was surprised when the kids at the adjacent table picked up their sliced beef with their fingers, and bit a hole in the middle of it, but that's another story for another day!)
So those things are sometimes considered, sometimes not, but with signature, I'm selfish, I want it all, or as close as I can get!
If you want it all, then V & A's at the GF. We had the best dining experinece there. Its an amazing time.

CaptainShortty

I've eaten at them all and they each have their own unique style and great qualities. Consistently I've had fabulous meals at both Citricos and Artist Pointe so those two are probably my top two to recommend. I love California Grille for the food and views but it's the most crowded and "noisy" of the signatures. If you choose that one I recommend a reservations late in the evening (8:30 or later). It tends to quiet down significantly after firework time.

HouCuseChickie

Faves for food- Yachtsman & Flying Fish
Faves for atmosphere - Narcoosee's and California Grill
Hon Mention- HBD, but decided we prefer to sit outside in the lounge area so we can get both menus and people watch in the park

KTCpiano

As others have pointed out, they are all wonderful and have very different perks and drawbacks. For a quieter meal, I like Artist Point, but I don't love their menu--a bit 'gamey' for me so I usually get the salmon. For a beautiful view, I love California Grill, and they also happen to have my favorite menu consistently. If I'm going to just have dinner at the bar, I love Flying Fish. Yachtsman is wonderful is you want a fairly traditional steakhouse. Jiko has a wonderfully flavorful menu and a beautiful atmosphere. HBD is consistently good, but I find it a bit loud. I enjoy going there at lunch. Narcoossee's--love the view. I don't find the menu all that exciting, and it often doesn't settle well on my stomach--too rich. Citricos and Le Cellier are my least favorites. I've never had a meal that especially knocked my socks off at Citricos, and Le Cellier is just too crowded for me even though the food is good.

ekutchey

1st - Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge to be honest we were not a huge fan until our last trip this past August. We actually switch the last days reservations to eat there twice this trip because it was wonderful. From the food, quite atmosphere, and service we loved it!

2nd - California Grill at Contemporary Resort. If you can get a late reservations to experience Wishes while dining at the Grill. This is a fantastic features for this resort however it is very busy and can seem to be loud due to the open dining concept.

3rd - Fultons Crab House at Disneys Springs we have ate here every trip since 2011 and it never disappoints. Also a good choice.

4th - Le Ceiller at Epcot, however this is NOT our favorite Epcot restarts by any means as Epcot World Showcase has many wonderful restaurants that are non-signature. Also Le Ceiller we find to be hit or miss on service.

We have ate at many other restaurants but these would be our top 4 signature choices.

Disney4family

We just enjoyed the Cali Grill for the first time this summer. We had an early reservation and had no trouble getting a table by the window for an amazing view of the MK. The wait staff was well-informed and delightful. The food was delicious. I know people enjoy a later reservation so they can dine during Wishes! We only get to visit the World annually and live for "park" time, so we ran back to BLT, put on park clothes and enjoyed the MK attractions at night during Wishes! instead.
Narcoossee's was another wonderful meal. Great seafood and wonderful staff.
Jiko was another lovely meal. Our kids were younger (but well-behaved) and the wait staff made sure we all felt comfortable as we enjoyed our meal. There is a free tasting tour of Boma and Jiko around 4ish. The CMs will explain the history and back-story of the décor and food of both restaurants. They provide menus and recipes. Try not to fill up before your reservation!
We haven't enjoyed our meals at Le Cellier or Fulton's lately. The food was cold or fatty and the staff wasn't what was expected. We won't be back. There are too many other places to try and enjoy for our brief time there.

JusticeDisney

Shula's is the easy choice for me. Simply the best steak you can get anywhere in Disney World, and in a great location for whatever you feel like walking to afterward. Oh, and don't forget that they bake certain deserts for you personally as you order them.

GeoDonJac34

I"M not really a food expert, more a burger and pizza guy, but I do have to say Citricos was really good. The Mrs. absolutely LOVES Flying Fish. She just said this morning that she could eat there every day of our trip.
BTW. This thread title reminded me of Trotsky. Is he still around? He would normally be all over the fine dining questions.

Andy_0410

Normally I would always say California grill always been amazing but it does seem to get more and more crowded and noisey
Artist point when there last month was amazing I couldn't of asked for better service felt really looked after. The food was awesome I really can't fault the place

ekutchey

I"M not really a food expert, more a burger and pizza guy, but I do have to say Citricos was really good. The Mrs. absolutely LOVES Flying Fish. She just said this morning that she could eat there every day of our trip.
BTW. This thread title reminded me of Trotsky. Is he still around? He would normally be all over the fine dining questions.
Too bad Flying Fish is closed February 1, 2016 until at least November 2016.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom