Which section to stay at with kids - Saratoga Springs

kniquy

Original Poster
We are staying at SSR for New Years Eve -- We will be traveling with 2 - 9 year olds. On our online check in it allows to select a couple of choices of location on the property. I was wonder what would be best with the kids. I think it probably isn't going to be pool weather, but it might be nice to be fairly close to the bigger pool or a short walk to the eateries or any other place that has activities for the kids. Or would being closer to get to downtown be more of a benefit? I see one of the sections is right next to the walking path. Where does the boat to downtown leave from.

So many things to consider!

bubster

Consider requesting the Springs section. It's the center of the resort with the main pool, restaurants, Community Hall, store, spa and check-in. The boat to DTD is also located there. The Paddock section is popular for their pool area and it's connected to the Springs by a bridge over the lake. The Grandstand section is also popular because it's close to the Springs and the walkway over to the West Side of DTD, plus it's the 1st bus stop coming from the parks. Congress Park is nice for the walkway to the Marketplace end of DTD.

For kids I would say the Springs or the Grandstand.

TomHendricks

Consider requesting the Springs section. It's the center of the resort with the main pool, restaurants, Community Hall, store, spa and check-in. The boat to DTD is also located there. The Paddock section is popular for their pool area and it's connected to the Springs by a bridge over the lake. The Grandstand section is also popular because it's close to the Springs and the walkway over to the West Side of DTD, plus it's the 1st bus stop coming from the parks. Congress Park is nice for the walkway to the Marketplace end of DTD.

For kids I would say the Springs or the Grandstand.

I concur, Spring or the Grandstand. Saratoga Springs is our home resort and thats where we always stay.

slappy magoo

As always, I vote for Congress Park. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the main house (of course YMMV) but it's also the closest section to the Marketplace section of Downtown Disney, so it's a relatively quick walk to many more restaurants and shops, without having to wait for the water shuttle.

Geneaut

Just left Wed from Grandstand. I loved being the first stop on the bus route ... especially after Extra Magic Hours. My kids enjoyed the pool there fine, and the Fast Service food available there as well. It 'felt' a little more secluded on that side of the resort versus the times I've stayed at the Carousel or Congress Park which I kind of liked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom