Which park on which day? <plan my trip>

ChrisHouston

2 families, each with 3 kids under between 4-8. One family has never been, third time for the other family.

Staying at YC, not park hopping. Should be at YC Sunday 10/25 by 12:30 pm, leave Saturday, 10/31 at 7 pm. would like to do MNSSHP on Tuesday.

what it the optimal park line up for those days? right now, I'm thinking:

Sun: HS
Mon: MK (I know, its a Monday, but I want the new family to not have to wait on MK too long)
Tue: AK, then MNSSHP
Wed: EP
Thur: MK
Fri: EP
Sat: HS

Thoughts?

Weather_Lady

I like it, although I'd maybe switch your Thursday and Friday, so that your last full day can be spent in the MK. (That's only because it's what my family does -- MK is everybody's favorite park and it's where we like to spend the most time, and on our last full day, we stay up until park closing there.) If your family has a different "favorite park," then obviously you'll want to end with that one.

Other than that, I think it looks great! HS is a nice park to end with when you only have a partial day, since you can "hit all the high spots" so quickly after rope drop. :)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Without going into too much dissecting of everything...I'm one of those people who believes you should get your $s worth an always look to the park with EMH. I know that's not possible with your MNSSHP night, but for the rest of it- if it were me...I'd get my $s worth at the parks with the extra hours.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I think your schedule looks good, I just wanted to mention your Thursday plan for MK. There is a halloween party scheduled that night, so if you wanted to stay past 7, or see Wishes/MSEP I would switch that night. Otherwise, if you're good with leaving at 7, that day is fine. I'm planning an October trip too, and that's been the challenge for me to figure out. :)

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Do you have your MNSSHP tickets yet? If not, I'd get on that, that's gonna be one that sells out quicker... Also, be aware that the prices are higher for the October parties than the September party...

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I would never ever ever do Magic Kingdom on Monday, and not just because of the crowds. Taking children that age into MK first thing means you'll NEVER tour the other parks in peace. They'll be begging to go back the entire time.

Very much disagree with the previous poster about Downtown Disney. Don't bother. It's a construction zone madhouse right now and there's (virtually) nothing at World of Disney that you can't get at the Emporium, MouseGears, etc.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

I would never ever ever do Magic Kingdom on Monday, and not just because of the crowds. Taking children that age into MK first thing means you'll NEVER tour the other parks in peace. They'll be begging to go back the entire time.

Relax there buddy, the OP has them going back to the MK on Thursday, as well as they want to do a MNSSHP on Tuesday night.

Very much disagree with the previous poster about Downtown Disney. Don't bother. It's a construction zone madhouse right now and there's (virtually) nothing at World of Disney that you can't get at the Emporium, MouseGears, etc.

While it is a construction zone, I agree that I wouldn't go out of my way to go to Disney Springs, but at the same time, if at the end of the trip, you didn't get something at one of the parks and can't go back (since they won't have hoppers), it's a great place to stop at on the way out of town for a few minutes and get one last bite to eat and pick up whatever they forgot.

To the OP, as I mentioned earlier, if you're going to the Halloween party, get your tickets now. You'll have everyone argue over what the best day to this or that park is, and it'll just confuse you more. You don't have hoppers, but be open to having a backup plan because the weather could change everything. The end of October is a busy time and it's still hurricane season, so do what you want to do, and just go for it.

Upvote 0

ChrisHouston

Original Poster
The kids begging to return to MK is not a concern.

Went ahead and purchased the MNSSHP tickets for Tuesday. Now thinking this lineup:

Sun: HS
Mon: MK
Tue: MK with MNSSHP
Wed: AK
Thur: EP
Fri: MK
Sat: HS

Upvote 0

Ladyfish

I'm enjoying this thread. We are going to be there around the same time and I'm trying to figure out our itinerary also. How soon do those MNSSHP tickets sell out at the end of October? What if I buy them and then plans change?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom