Which park is best on a rainy day?

Pumphrey

:lookaroun
Hi - we will be in WDW for 3 days later this week and I noticed at weather.com that rain is expected on Friday. Is there any one park that is "acceptable" to visit in the rain?

Thanks for any insight!

NowInc

Well..all except for AK seem to be workable with rain..since they all have rides close to each other..so you an usually run from line to line...or just buy a poncho for 5 dollars...

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

I've always found Future World at EPCOT to be the best park to do in the rain. As almost all of it is undercover, and you can actually spend a serious amount of time in each section. The distance between each set of attractions is that short if you run you won't get wet and if you really can't find sonething to do you can always visit Mouse Gears:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Pumphrey
Hi - we will be in WDW for 3 days later this week and I noticed at weather.com that rain is expected on Friday. Is there any one park that is "acceptable" to visit in the rain?

Thanks for any insight!

I've visited all of them except AK during real downpours. As Now, and others have mentioned, bring a poncho...but bring it from home! (even if it's one of those wear it once and dispose of it types that are real thin plastic) My family has a set of bright red ones. Once the rain starts, you'll be surrounded by a sea of "official" WDW ponchos, and everyone looks the same! Also, bring an extra pair of walking shoes, and extra socks, so you'll have a pair of dry shoes to change into after the rain ends. (I usually leave them in my room and change later in the day)

Upvote 0

Demon Snow Dog

EPCOT is IMHO the best park for a rainy day. Nearly all of the waiting lines, shows and rides are under cover. A portion of the Test Track ride takes place outside but wouldn't you find it to be more thrilling to be speeding around on a rain-slick road? Also, you'd be getting around in a large park under cloud cover which beats the heat! Disney-MGM Studios is my second choice for a rainy day. Lots of covered waiting areas and indoor shows/rides; smaller park if you don't like to do alot of walking in the rain. The only major downside I can think of is that Fantasmic! is an outdoor show without cover above.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Demon Snow Dog
A portion of the Test Track ride takes place outside but wouldn't you find it to be more thrilling to be speeding around on a rain-slick road?
The only major downside I can think of is that Fantasmic! is an outdoor show without cover above.

That is of course, if they don´t close the ride or cancel the show which happens frequently when it rains and the winds are strong....

Upvote 0

NowInc

Originally posted by Maria

That is of course, if they don´t close the ride or cancel the show which happens frequently when it rains and the winds are strong....

They HAVE to close it when it rains...any risk of an electrical storm would spell disaster for TT...seeing how it runs similar to those old slot car tracks from when we were kids...

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by NowInc

They HAVE to close it when it rains...any risk of an electrical storm would spell disaster for TT...seeing how it runs similar to those old slot car tracks from when we were kids...

I know. sorry... I should have said "you can´t ride TT under the rain!" lol ;)

And I doubt they perform Fantasmic that way either... or how would u see the water screens? among other risks...

Upvote 0

lnmjameson

We were at AK on a very rainy day & had a blast! There was no one left in the park & we rode Kali River Rapids 7 times in a row. We were already soaked & decided "the wetter the better"!

Although they had to cancel Tarzan because of a slick stage, we feel that if it weren't for the rain, we would never have had so much fun on Kali. The wave would come over the raft like a wall of water. We giggled & found this experience to be priceless.:D

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

be a TRUE DISNEY FAN! Buy mickey mouse ponchos and go on all the water rides while everyone points at you like a moron! That's what WE do! Rainy days are the best days to go on rides with outside queues! Remember...it may be rainy, but its in the 70s and 80s! You won't be cold! HAVE FUN!!! I like MGM. Everything is close together and with the exception of ToT, the queues are inside. Again...wear a Mickey poncho!

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by Pumphrey

Thanks for any insight!

Two thoughts...

I'd choose the park with the fewest 'must see' attractions for your family. Plan to enjoy those attractions on the nicer days. The impact of rain is pretty much the same, park to park.

More importantly, bring umbrellas for everyone old enough to carry one. Unless you enjoy the sensation of moist polyethelene. Can't figure why people buy those ponchos, even if they are a few bucks less...

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

those ponchos are great! I hate carrying stuff around! If you ever notice, all the people wearing the ponchos are the ones on Splash Mountain (you'll see a log of yellow dropping...). It's a drag carrying stuff on the good rides. We don't let a little RAIN keep us from having fun!

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by DogsRule!
those ponchos are great! I hate carrying stuff around! If you ever notice, all the people wearing the ponchos are the ones on Splash Mountain (you'll see a log of yellow dropping...). It's a drag carrying stuff on the good rides. We don't let a little RAIN keep us from having fun!

Not to overwork a point, but I'd rather carry an umbrella around than wear a wet poncho.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom