Which non-park restaraunt for breakfast?

Which non-park restaraunt for breakfast?

• Total voters

sbkline

Original Poster
I tentatively have my restaraunts all picked for our next trip (May/June 2015), and we are staying offsite. However, the thought occured to me to add a breakfast on the day that we checkout and head home. We would be stopping for breakfast somewhere anyway, so rather than stop at an IHOP or such place, I figure we may as well have one last dose of Disney and maybe try a new restaraunt to boot.

The top choices I can think of right now are Boma, Ohana, Captain's Grille, Cape May and Chef Mickey's. All of them except Chef Mickey's are places where we have never eaten at before, so it would be a new experience for all of us. We have eaten supper at Chef Mickey's several times, and plan to eat supper there again on our next trip, but we have never eaten breakfast there, so that would be a new experience as well.

Chef Mickey's and Ohana may cost us more money, since I would be tempted to buy the photo package, but I like the idea of having our last experience before hitting the road, at a monorail resort where we could take a final spin on the monorail before leaving.

I like the fact that Cape May Cafe is a character meal.

I see some things that look pretty good on the menu for Captain's Grill, and I like the prices as well.

Boma has a good looking menu, plus we don't get to the Animal Kingdom Lodge very often so that may be a good place to take the kids. My son has been there before, but not our daughter.

So I see different pros and cons with each. Just curious how everyone else would vote. Or if you can think of another choice not listed, tell me about it.

jpittore1

I believe the photo packages will no longer be offered at the meals, so I would not factor that into your price.

We love Boma, you can have a omlet made to order or try various chef prepared foods on the buffet. Many have an African fare. Not all the food requires you to be an adventurous eater. There is a fruit bar, bread, muffin, pastry bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. My favorite when we were there in June was the bread pudding french toast with hot Carmel pecan topping....mmmmm. They also have a tropical juice called jungle juice that is a mixture that is worth trying.

Matt_Black

I like 1900 Park Fair. Good eats with a nice variety, but nothing too far out of what you think of as "breakfast" (though it's nice to add a little bit of fish to my plate). Fun character interactions, particularly with Alice and the Hatter. Plus, it gives you an excuse to walk around the Grand Floridian either before eating or after. And if you're doing the Magic Kingdom, it's just a quick hop over or back.

DisneyDaver

Boma - It has a buffet similar to other resort breakfast places, but has some interesting African foods too. It's something different.

stevehousse

Kona Cafe hands down! Unique menu with great breakfast options and not bad on prices either...I highly recommend the Tonga Toast, The Somoan, and the Pineapple Macadamia nut pancakes!!!

seahawk7

I really liked the Ohana breakfast. It has a relaxing atmosphere and the food was above average. Lilo and Stitch were great as well.

sbkline

Original Poster
I like 1900 Park Fair. Good eats with a nice variety, but nothing too far out of what you think of as "breakfast" (though it's nice to add a little bit of fish to my plate). Fun character interactions, particularly with Alice and the Hatter. Plus, it gives you an excuse to walk around the Grand Floridian either before eating or after. And if you're doing the Magic Kingdom, it's just a quick hop over or back.

When I posted my poll question, I thought there was one I was forgetting and I think this is it. We have eaten both breakfast and supper there. We did both on our last trip and are currently planning to do supper there again on our next trip.

One thought that I had was to do a new restaraunt for supper in place of our supper there, and then make this one our breakfast.

HollyAD

I always vote for Cape May Cafe! However, Boma is not a bad choice! I just think Cape May is more "Disney" for your last morning. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great place to take the kids any day you are there. Cape May Cafe is bright, fun, and really good breakfast. There are characters but the resort is also very beautiful.

bee

I've always liked The Wave. It's not as "Disney-fied" as the other choices but it does have good food and may be the least expensive buffet at WDW. Of course, if you are looking for something more "magical" on the day you leave you may want to go for one of the character breakfasts or more heavily themed restaurants. I'm sure whatever you select will be fun and delicious!

DisneyDebNJ

There are various options, which I would recommend all... however, depends on where you will be your first day. If you will be going to MK, then Grand Floridian Cafe at GF, Kona at the Poly, or Whispering Canyon Cafe all have terrific offerings. As much as I love 'Ohana, your choices are kind of limited. If you will be spending the day at AK, then Boma is an excellent choice. If going to Epcot or DHS, Cape May Cafe or Captain's Grille are a good choice.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Captain's Grille and Whispering Canyon are all good for a non park breakfast.

I second your choices. Whispering Canyons is a blast and the Citrus pancakes at Grand Floridian are amazing.

slappy magoo

I've always liked The Wave. It's not as "Disney-fied" as the other choices but it does have good food and may be the least expensive buffet at WDW. Of course, if you are looking for something more "magical" on the day you leave you may want to go for one of the character breakfasts or more heavily themed restaurants. I'm sure whatever you select will be fun and delicious!

For the record, The Wave has a buffet option but is not just a buffet breakfast, it has individual entrees as well. But that also makes it a nice option if there's one or more members of your party that doesn't want to gorge.

We enjoyed 'Ohana but the menu is probably the most limited of all the buffet or all-you-care-to-eat options. I've since been told the kitchen would probably accommodate special orders.

I would suggest getting a late reservation at either Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare (the latter will probably be easier to get), go to MK in the morning, hit a few of your favorites for the last time, then chill out with a nice long meal before heading home.

ABQ

One thing to consider with most of these choices is be sure you have a plan on how to get there if you don't have a car with you. Resort to resort transport at breakfast time can be rough if you're staying on property as you'll have to go through some other location first in most cases.

sbkline

Original Poster
One thing to consider with most of these choices is be sure you have a plan on how to get there if you don't have a car with you. Resort to resort transport at breakfast time can be rough if you're staying on property as you'll have to go through some other location first in most cases.

We always drive down, so transportation will not be a problem. :)

There are various options, which I would recommend all... however, depends on where you will be your first day. If you will be going to MK, then Grand Floridian Cafe at GF, Kona at the Poly, or Whispering Canyon Cafe all have terrific offerings. As much as I love 'Ohana, your choices are kind of limited. If you will be spending the day at AK, then Boma is an excellent choice. If going to Epcot or DHS, Cape May Cafe or Captain's Grille are a good choice.

Just to clarify, we are talking about a non-theme park day. Our trip is for May 24-June 3 2015, staying at an offsite condo. On June 3, all we are doing is loading up the van, checking out of the condo and hitting the road for home. But since we will be stopping for breakfast somewhere, I figured it would be nice to do an early Disney breakfast as opposed to stopping at McDonald's or Denny's or IHOP or some other place. That's why I wanted someplace that is not in the parks...just an early breakfast to get one last Disney fix, and then on the road we go.

acishere

I highly recommend Kona Cafe. Some tonga toast and french press coffee is a nice way to end a vacation.

Out of your list I would pick either Boma or Cape May Cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom