Which mini golf course is better for kids? and is it worth it?

dgp602

Original Poster
Hey all...booked my annual Disney Christmas trip for Dec 1st. Heading there with my four kids ( 12, 11 and 8 yr old twins). They have all been to Disney at least 5 times and are WDW vets!! When I plan my trip, I always look forward to my first day there. It's the day we begin to tease the kids and take them around the world and try to do something fun and different every year as well as continue our traditions such as taking the monorail to Poly and watching the water pageant and Wishes fireworks. I keep trying to top the past year but I set the bar high last trip. We rented a pontoon boat and anchored near the Magic Kingdom and while we floated and ate lunch, we listened to the music of Main Street and planned our next day at the Kingdom!! Very cool adventure for our first day!!!

So, this year I was thinking of taking the kids to one of the two mini golf adventures for the first day adventure. But I don't know much about them. Which would be more fun for kids this age, Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland? And are they worth even going to them?

Any comments would be appreciated!!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hey all...booked my annual Disney Christmas trip for Dec 1st. Heading there with my four kids ( 12, 11 and 8 yr old twins). They have all been to Disney at least 5 times and are WDW vets!! When I plan my trip, I always look forward to my first day there. It's the day we begin to tease the kids and take them around the world and try to do something fun and different every year as well as continue our traditions such as taking the monorail to Poly and watching the water pageant and Wishes fireworks. I keep trying to top the past year but I set the bar high last trip. We rented a pontoon boat and anchored near the Magic Kingdom and while we floated and ate lunch, we listened to the music of Main Street and planned our next day at the Kingdom!! Very cool adventure for our first day!!!

So, this year I was thinking of taking the kids to one of the two mini golf adventures for the first day adventure. But I don't know much about them. Which would be more fun for kids this age, Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland? And are they worth even going to them?

Any comments would be appreciated!!!
We enjoy them.

I think Winter Summerland is cuter and more fun (the Summer side is more challenging)...

Considering it's a Christmas Trip, I'd say that's the perfect place to go!

It's also easier to get to if you do not have a car, as you can take the bus to Animal Kingdom. Fantasia Gardens you have to either bus hop or take the water taxi from EPCOT / Hollywood Studios, and then you still have quite a stroll.

stevehousse

We enjoy them.

I think Winter Summerland is cuter and more fun (the Summer side is more challenging)...

Considering it's a Christmas Trip, I'd say that's the perfect place to go!

It's also easier to get to if you do not have a car, as you can take the bus to Animal Kingdom. Fantasia Gardens you have to either bus hop or take the water taxi from EPCOT / Hollywood Studios, and then you still have quite a stroll.
We are planning on doing the same thing! Since we are going in November we are gonna to to the winter land golf course this year, which we have never done! We have done fantasia twice and find it challenging for even the adults, lots of fun though! Can't wait to try it out!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We are planning on doing the same thing! Since we are going in November we are gonna to to the winter land golf course this year, which we have never done! We have done fantasia twice and find it challenging for even the adults, lots of fun though! Can't wait to try it out!
Will your tickets have WP&M on them?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No waterparks and more, but our vacation package includes 2 free mini golf vouchers so we only have to pay for my one child to play who is 5 and loves mini golf. Our youngest is 2 and will be in his stroller dring mini golf. Depending on how busy or slow it is we might let him play around...
Cool beans. Only reason I asked is that there is a limit on using the WP&M at the same venue (mini-golf) in the same day, so if you were going to do that, I was gonna give you a heads up.

But, since you are using the vouchers, not a concern! Have fun!

MOXOMUMD

No waterparks and more, but our vacation package includes 2 free mini golf vouchers so we only have to pay for my one child to play who is 5 and loves mini golf. Our youngest is 2 and will be in his stroller dring mini golf. Depending on how busy or slow it is we might let him play around...
I wish those vouchers weren't valid only before 4 pm. I would have much preferred playing in the cooler evening. A little FYI, the paths at Winter Summerland just fit a stroller and some places are a little tight (final 4 holes) but it's worth it.

stevehousse

I wish those vouchers weren't valid only before 4 pm. I would have much preferred playing in the cooler evening. A little FYI, the paths at Winter Summerland just fit a stroller and some places are a little tight (final 4 holes) but it's worth it.

Good to know about a stroller, we have a small umbrella one for him that we use. I did not know about having to use the golf vouchers before 4pm, however it just so happens that we planned to go in the early afternoon and then head over to Magic Kingdom at 4 for the Xmas party!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Good to know about a stroller, we have a small umbrella one for him that we use. I did not know about having to use the golf vouchers before 4pm, however it just so happens that we planned to go in the early afternoon and then head over to Magic Kingdom at 4 for the Xmas party!
The course is certainly not stroller friendly, however it is toddler friendly.

Park it and carry him/her. People are fine if you let them play through. Have fun!

Weather_Lady

I've only played at Fantasia Golf, but it was beautifully-themed and very child-friendly, with lots of interesting, moving decorations.

It is absolutely worth it in my opinion. Disney mini-golf courses are so elaborate and cool that once you've played one, you'll find yourself shaking your head at how pathetic that spinning windmill on your local course -- the one you always thought was kind of neat before -- seems.

75disney

We are going in Nov. and planning on doing the same thing too. I wasn't sure which course to go to, but now I will definitely do the Winter Wonderland course. I like the idea of tying it into our day of resort hopping to see the Christmas decorations.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I agree! I love to start playing around 9:30 at night and then go get ice cream. In addition to being cooler, I think the courses are prettier at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom