Which itinerary should I choose?

Ok, so my family and another family are planning on going to Disney early next year for a four night stay and doing the parks for three of the days. Here are my possibly park itineraris.

#1 Two days at the Magic Kingdom, one day at the Animal Kingdom

#2 Two days at the Animal Kingdom, one day at the Magic Kingdom

Now my family goes almost every year, but they have not been in probably 8-9 years. They will be bringing two girls ages 12 and 13. The only reason I would consider two days at the Animal Kingdom, would be Avatar land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's going to be hard to know how long people will want to spend in Avatarland until it opens, but I still think one day will be enough for AK. You can easily spend two days in MK.

Upvote 0

contrariwise

One day MK, one day AK, one day Epcot.
A girl after my own heart. :)

But if EP is out, then I would go with 2 days at MK and one day at AK. And it's not even close IMO. There are SO many attractions in MK -- it is difficult to get it done in one day.

We usually do 2 days at MK, 2 days at EP and one day at either AK or DHS. I can't see ever doing just one day at MK.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Out of your original plan I'd do the two days at MK you don't need 2 at AK in a short trip, just get there well before rope drop and get Pandora done first. Although as others and you have suggested I would definitely do 1 at MK 1 at AK and 1 at EP!

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

Out of your original plan,

2 Days isn't needed at AK. While AK has new stuff, but I have a hard time seeing the park taking 2 days even for the group in question. What I do think is using Fast Pass Plus would be a help for Pandora in terms of potential crowds.

Upvote 0
Ok, so my family and another family are planning on going to Disney early next year for a four night stay and doing the parks for three of the days. Here are my possibly park itineraris.

#1 Two days at the Magic Kingdom, one day at the Animal Kingdom

#2 Two days at the Animal Kingdom, one day at the Magic Kingdom

Now my family goes almost every year, but they have not been in probably 8-9 years. They will be bringing two girls ages 12 and 13. The only reason I would consider two days at the Animal Kingdom, would be Avatar land.
two days at mk, without a doubt. but if you can, you should try to go to epcot or hs for one of those days.

Upvote 0

LindsayW

If it's just the two choices I agree with the others that AK isn't going to take that much time. We usually get park hoppers and only spend a half day there. If they keep the extended hours you could definitely go for the second half of a day and get it all accomplished.

That said, for that age group do you not think doing a day at DHS would be a good add on? My daughter is 15 and despises Epcot! She likes to go ride soarin and leave, but DHS has been her favorite for about 5 years now. We are doing a 3 day trip in may (and again in October) and will do park hoppers with 1.5 days at MK, .5 at AK, and 1 day at DHS.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom