Which is your favorite Animation movie of all time ?

formicasofie

Original Poster
I love animation movies . These movies are always with some cute stories . My favorite are Toy Story , Kung fu panda and Despicable me.

Matt_Black

My favorite animal is a fox, and the Fox and the Hound is another one of my favorites, but The Lion King is an objectively better movie

I've tried to explain this difference to others many, many times before, to no avail...

Anyway, my favorite? Hmm... Most of the Disney Renaissance films are strong contenders, but I'm going to say Sleeping Beauty. It's just wonderful. The animation, the backgrounds, the music, the vocal performances, the story... I'd say it's the finest film Walt oversaw.

SosoDude

Heavy Metal.
JUST KIDDING

Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Pinocchio are deserving as my runner-ups with The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad with an honorable mention, but the movie I find to be my favorite would probably be ....
Aladdin

prberk

Are we including stop motion ?

I think that is a form of animation. Filming drawings one drawing at a time and then running the pictures by fast to effect motion is sort of the same thing as filming objects one picture at a time and then running the pictures by fast to effect motion. Besides, it's an opinion forum anyway!

As for my favorite, it is probably The Lion King, although I must give a nod to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, and Bambi for artistry, and to The Jungle Book and Robin Hood for songs (the authentic New Orleans jazz in JB, and Roger Miller's classic ditties in RH).

Phroobar

Heavy Metal.
JUST KIDDING
Whats wrong with Heavy Metal? ;)

I'd probably include the animated version of Lord of the Rings for its cutting edge animation style. The Rankin/Bass version of the Hobbit is much better than the overblown Peter Jackson mess. The animated Return of the King is good stuff too.

Anything made by Ralph Bakshi is amazing, really weird and usually not for kids. I love Wizards, Fire & Ice and American Pop.

Matt_Black

Not too long ago, the Encore channels were showing NIMH, and it doesn't hold up as well (though admittedly better than An American Tail). They build up this plausible, sci-fi story with rats who had been genetically experimented on, and that's why they talk, so okay, that's cool, that makes sense. And then, out of nowhere, magic amulet! Wait, huh? It's never explained, and the whole thing may as well have been called "The Jewel of Deus Ex Machina".

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Not too long ago, the Encore channels were showing NIMH, and it doesn't hold up as well (though admittedly better than An American Tail). They build up this plausible, sci-fi story with rats who had been genetically experimented on, and that's why they talk, so okay, that's cool, that makes sense. And then, out of nowhere, magic amulet! Wait, huh? It's never explained, and the whole thing may as well have been called "The Jewel of Deus Ex Machina".
If I recall correctly, the original book has an ending that makes more sense (not that I've read it)

Bairstow

The best animated movie of all time is Pinocchio, and it's not close.

Princess Mononoke, Bambi, Akira, and the Toy Story trilogy are up there, though.

Personal favorite? Probably Iron Giant.

216bruce

Traditional animation- Fantasia, Pinocchio, Yellow Submarine
Computer made-- Up, Shrek, Toy Story 3
Other- Box Trolls

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom