Which is my Home Resort?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Scenario 1:

I buy 100 points at each of the following:

Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Saratoga Springs. Which is my home resort?

Scenario 2:

I already have 200 points at Saratoga, and I purchase 50 at Boardwalk. Saratoga is my original home resort, but now I own points at two different places. Which is my home resort?

In scenario 2, what if I want to stay for a week at Boardwalk, do I have to wait until the 7 month window to book there if I need to use my Saratoga points as well to cover the week? In other words, I only have 50 at Boardwalk, but since I technically own there do I get to book as soon as someone who owns 300 at Boardwalk?

I'm not sure of a better way to word it. Hopefully, it's good enough to understand.

Thanks in advance. :)

Aurora_25

From what I know (which could be wrong honestly) every place you own points is your "home resort" for those points. Personally, I think it's just to hard to keep up with having 2 or more different home resorts because then you pay differently from what I remember for maintanence fees and stuff- plus at all the resorts except Saratoga you only get 39 years (I think it's about that) instead of 49 because they are older.
As for the booking issue, I think that as long as you have some points at that specific "home" resort you can use the other points you have at the other resort to cover it at the earlier time.

Now, again, I could be wrong on most of this, but this is what I have heard from others.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have just read the book this weekend. If you are booking at the 11 month point only bookings covering a period you have sufficient points for at that resort will be eligable.

So if you have 100 at SS you can make a booking worth 100 at 11 months. You can use all your points at 7 months

As clear as ditch water :brick:

Ciciwoowoo

We run into this problem often as we have 222 points at BW and 48 at WL. What a mess!

I can book 222 points at BW at the 11 month mark. I can book 48 points at WL at the 11 month mark.

But, if I want to stay at BW the entire time, I can't use the additional 48 points until the 7 month mark.

So...I can book the time between BW and WL at the 11 month mark, and I believe, at the 7 month mark, I can see if can switch to one resort.

Or, alternatively, I can book the time at the 11 month mark for the BW and add on the additional points at the 7 month mark, if they are available.

I think a person should buy sufficient points to cover their trip at their favorite resort, and leave it at that! I'd love to find a way to trade someone the WL points for additional BW points. You have to be a brain surgeon to figure it all out!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Yikes! Thanks all. Makes sense, but what a pain in the butt! I guess it's only one of the many in and out details of the complicated DVC system. Such a tough decision.

RickEff

You should have no problems transferring points from one contract to another to cover the difference if you need it. It's not a permanent transfer - just for that use-year. I've transferred points to a friend's account when we "split the cost" of a two-bedroom. We did that so we could have one reservation. Call DVC and ask them to be sure.

Remember though, you cannot bank or borrow the points after they have been transferred. If you end up cancelling the reservation, they would end up in a holding account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom