Which is better?

Sara Kenworthy

Hello all! Im looking for some advice. I have currently reserved a short trip the Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving with my 3 tween/teen daughters. We will be staying at POR and spending the two days at MK and Epcot. After reading some past forum posts, I'm wondering if that holiday week will be too crazy busy. Our alternate plan is to go the first week of January on Thursday and Friday, January 4th and 5th. Would this possibly be better? Most kids are still not back in school, so it could be just as busy. Thoughts?

Sara Kenworthy

Original Poster
Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

With a good plan both weeks will be a lot of fun regardless of what traffic looks like.

We are arriving the Wednesday before thanksgiving and will also be staying at riverside!! Have a great time.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We were there all of Thanksgiving week last year. It was more crowded than any other time we have been there, but it was very manageable with a plan. I certainly wouldn't let that week stop me if that was the best time for my family to go.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thanksgiving week will be insane.

We were there last year (leaving the Monday before Thanksgiving). The days leading up to Thanksgiving week were progressively more busy, but totally manageable. Then Monday happened! Although the kids and I arrived at rope drop at the MK (8am EMH) and got into the park without any trouble, by the time we left MK (just two hours later, around 10am), the crowd was the most insane thing I'd ever seen. Main Street was wall-to-wall people. Once outside the gate, we had to literally lock arms to stay together (since we were going the opposite direction from everyone else) and fight our way through crowds of thousands, just to get to the bus depots (and the crowd waiting for bag check was backed-up past the monorail line, half-way to the buses -- the monorail and boat loading areas were completely jammed, with security guards and CMs trying desperately to find places to move people sideways toward the buses, as there was nowhere for guests to go once they got off the monorail/boat). You could not have paid me to stay any longer over that week, and I'd choose any other time (save Christmas or Easter) to visit if it was between that week and another.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We've gone overThanksgiving twice - it's crowded but we planned well and avoided MK on Thanksgiving Day and DS on Black Friday.

That first weekend in January will be a crowded mess, with the Marathon. And it's the 25th anniversary, which will attract even more runners for the races Thursday through Sunday. Races are early AM and the only two that will affect non-runners in the parks will be the Half on Saturday and the Full on Sunday. Expect road closures and traffic delays in the mornings, though. I'd make a decision soon about going thst weekend in January..you might have s problem finding a room on property thst doesn't cost $1000/night...

Upvote 0

Driver

We've gone overThanksgiving twice - it's crowded but we planned well and avoided MK on Thanksgiving Day and DS on Black Friday.

That first weekend in January will be a crowded mess, with the Marathon. And it's the 25th anniversary, which will attract even more runners for the races Thursday through Sunday. Races are early AM and the only two that will affect non-runners in the parks will be the Half on Saturday and the Full on Sunday. Expect road closures and traffic delays in the mornings, though. I'd make a decision soon about going thst weekend in January..you might have s problem finding a room on property thst doesn't cost $1000/night...
All true !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom