Which is best?

Al

Original Poster
Hi!

In case of theming which is best (wdw or DL)

1. haunted mansion
2. big thunder mountain
3. space mountain
4. splash mountain

and in terms of "scaryness" (i mean like which one is the roughest, or in the haunted mansions case "scariest") For example, are there more drops on splash mountain in WDW, but less in DL - but steeper?

1. Haunted mansion
2. Big thunder mt.
3. space mt.
4. Splash mt.

Thanks very very much!! ;) :) :D :cool:

Disneynutcase

Gee, where has everybody been for this post?

Okay, I'll answer it for you.

Haunted Mansion is slightly better at WDW. There's a few differences. Scariness seems equal. And actually since they rehabbed DL's after the Christmas version, DL's may now be better becaus of improved sound and some much needed repairs to both versions. I just did MK's a month ago and did notice that it needed a rehab.

Big Thunder Mountain--I'll give a slight edge to MK over DL's. They are a bit different in detail--one is Monument Valley, the other is kind of Bryce Canyon. Overall, they are kind of the same ride--a little more water action in MK's though.

Space Mountain--depends on what you like. MK's gives you variety with two tracks and the cue eventually shows you the ride interior. DL's gives you an early glimpse, then the cue becomes all space station-ey. Oh yeah, and DL's has the RnRC-esque music thingy going on. I've always been much more fond of DL's. But now that I think about it, when you look at my preferences, I'm tending to favor the version that was built last. HM and BTM both originated in DL and SM originated at MK. Hmmm...

Splash Mountain--hands down much better at MK. More detail, better drops, a coherent story with the anamatronics. But I know why. They had a huge delay in opening DL's due to poor engineering that caused too much water into the logs. They reworked it best they can, then waited a few years before installing it into MK, with apparently A LOT of bugs worked out of it. Both end drops seems equally step and lengthy.

I notice that you didn't include Pirates which is by far superior in DL.

Hope this helps.

DLMAGICDARREN

Guess it's all a matter of opinion,

HM I'd say DL's version is slightly better. The walkway after the gallery is the main reason.

BTR, for drops the DL version is better but for story it's better at MK.

Space, DL version has a soundtrack which makes a huge difference (but only when it's working which it seldom does), but for that alone I'd give my vote to DL.

Splash, I've never met one to disagree yet, far better at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom