Which DVC with 3 couples?

Tinkerfan4ever

Original Poster
Hello,

I am within a month of my 7 month window and need help deciding a resort to pick. Traveling on this trip will be:
Couple 1 - My cousin and husband
Couple 2 - My daughter and fiance and my 2 year old grandson
Couple 3 - My huband and self
Daughter age 17

I think we all can fit in a 2 bedroom villa. I think this sleeping arangement would work... Cousin takes master bedroom; hubby/I and Daughter/fiance take second bedroom with grandson in pack-n'-play and 17 year old takes a pull out in the living room. I would like seperate sleeping arrangements for everyone, but we don't have enough points for a grand villa. I could maybe look at a 2 bedroom and a studio if I look at one of the lesser points resorts.

I just can't decide what would give us the biggest "bang for our buck"!
Resorts I am considering:
Bolder Ridge
Cooper Creek
Kidani village (3rd bathroom is a plus)
Treehouse villas (seperate sleeping arrangements, but transportation with a stroller might not be the best)
Beach Club

Not considering:
BLT - even though it has monorail and 3rd bathroom, we just don't love that resort. It was where we stayed this last trip.
Grand Flo
Riveria

What would you do with this group make up?

** Edited to add that kitchen and laundry are important to us!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I would definitely look at a 2-bed plus studio. Perhaps give cousin the studio. Then you get the master, your DD + fiancée + DGS get the other room and DD17 gets the living room.

Points wise I’m guessing Kidani or CCV / BRV would be lower cost.

But don’t rule out OKW or SSR. Points will go further there. SSR has had the refurb and with only DD17 in the living room the lack of storage options won’t matter so much. OKW have the most space, just be aware of the bathroom situation.

Marionnette

Hello,

I am within a month of my 7 month window and need help deciding a resort to pick. Traveling on this trip will be:
Couple 1 - My cousin and husband
Couple 2 - My daughter and fiance and my 2 year old grandson
Couple 3 - My huband and self
Daughter age 17

I think we all can fit in a 2 bedroom villa. I think this sleeping arangement would work... Cousin takes master bedroom; hubby/I and Daughter/fiance take second bedroom with grandson in pack-n'-play and 17 year old takes a pull out in the living room. I would like seperate sleeping arrangements for everyone, but we don't have enough points for a grand villa. I could maybe look at a 2 bedroom and a studio if I look at one of the lesser points resorts.

I just can't decide what would give us the biggest "bang for our buck"!
Resorts I am considering:
Bolder Ridge
Cooper Creek
Kidani village (3rd bathroom is a plus)
Treehouse villas (seperate sleeping arrangements, but transportation with a stroller might not be the best)
Beach Club

Not considering:
BLT - even though it has monorail and 3rd bathroom, we just don't love that resort. It was where we stayed this last trip.
Grand Flo
Riveria

What would you do with this group make up?

** Edited to add that kitchen and laundry are important to us!
Of your choices, I would go with BRV and get a 2BR + studio. Let your daughter, her fiancé and the 2 y.o. have the studio. You and husband in the master, cousins in the 2nd bedroom and 17 y.o. daughter on the livingroom Murphy bed. BRV was recently renovated and it's convenient to MK. Nice splash and play area for the toddler. Good point chart. The only drawback is that there are only 2 bathrooms in the 2BR, but if you have the studio it's not that big of a deal.

As an alternative, you could put your daughter+fiancé+2 y.o. in the second bedroom and the cousins in the studio. This would make it easier to put the little one down for bedtime while allowing the adults to retreat to the livingroom.

I'm not a fan of fitting that many grown people into a treehouse villa. There are only 2 bathrooms and you have to go through the master bedroom to get to one of them. The bunk beds are smaller than a regular twin bed and at 5'7", I found them to be uncomfortable. When the living room sofa bed is opened (and this IS a sofa bed, not a Murphy bed), it partially blocks the pathway to the master bed room. In addition, you almost have to have car when staying there. Transportation via the bus system is very slow. You will get one parking spot and any other vehicles need to be parked in the main SSR parking lots.

But whichever resort you ultimately choose, I recommend not trying to fit 7 adults (I'm counting the 17 y.o.) in a 2BR. Get the studio as well if you have the points. Otherwise, in spite of its drawbacks, a treehouse villa will probably suit your group as far as sleeping arrangements are concerned (I would put the 2 y.o. in a pack n play in the bunk bed room with the younger adults on the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair.)

Bocabear

the OKW units are the biggest on property and have kitchen and Laundry. a 2 bedroom plus a studio.
We did Riviera and had the Grand Villa which was very nice and convenient with the Skyliner right there, though feels more like a Marriott otherwise. Their Grand Villa is absolutely immense.
We usually get a Grand Villa at BLT which we love for the third bathroom, the great gathering spaces for our group and the location...
Beach Club and Boardwalk tend to be at the top of the price list but nice you can walk into EPCOT. and better now with the Skyliner right there as well.
Saratoga Springs is nice enough but I feel very cut off from the WDW parks there...
And I hate having to take busses.
2 bedroom plus studio on all fronts appears to be the way to go though....
that's my 2cents...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom