Which Days for Which Park

jeremyg

I will be going to Disney for 3 days Starting on Oct 5, Thursday using select Disney passes. We have narrowed down the parks and will be excluding Hollywood Studios this trip, per my Son's request.

So now the hard part is deciding which park to do which day. My theory is that since the following Monday is a school holiday, that weekend might be a little busier. So this is a factor in my planning. As is the MNSSHP, which happens to be on Thursday and Friday. So MK will be closing at 7:00 PM for us on those 2 days but open until 11pm on Saturday.

My initial thought is to Go to MK on Saturday since it will be open longer (11pm). Even with heavier crowds. But could we get just as much done on a less busier day like Thursday even though the park closes at 7:00pm. This is my dilemma.

I'm not worried about the other two parks. I believe we will have plenty of time for those.

What would you do in my situation? Thanks.

Herdman

I would go to the MK on Saturday. Sometimes crowds can be a little less that day because it can be a transition day for arrivals and departures. Plus, we always like to spend our last day at the MK since it "feels" the most like Disney.

One thing to watch for is the Halloween party. That may be why the park closes at 7:00 on Thursday. If you aren't going to the party then you might want to factor that into your decision also.

Upvote 0

Goofy36

Personally I would go Thursday or Friday, the parks are usually quieter on days of the party. You can probably get just as much done on these days without spending 14 hours in the park and fighting larger crowds. Go back on Saturday for Happily Ever After to end your trip with a bang!

Upvote 0

jeremyg

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I'm leaning more towards Thursday for MK now. Looking at the crowd calendar, MK is a 3 out of 10 for Thursday. Not sure how accurate that is, but it looks better than 7 for Saturday.

Upvote 0

Driver

I will be going to Disney for 3 days Starting on Oct 5, Thursday using select Disney passes. We have narrowed down the parks and will be excluding Hollywood Studios this trip, per my Son's request.

So now the hard part is deciding which park to do which day. My theory is that since the following Monday is a school holiday, that weekend might be a little busier. So this is a factor in my planning. As is the MNSSHP, which happens to be on Thursday and Friday. So MK will be closing at 7:00 PM for us on those 2 days but open until 11pm on Saturday.

My initial thought is to Go to MK on Saturday since it will be open longer (11pm). Even with heavier crowds. But could we get just as much done on a less busier day like Thursday even though the park closes at 7:00pm. This is my dilemma.

I'm not worried about the other two parks. I believe we will have plenty of time for those.

What would you do in my situation? Thanks.
By my own observation and statisticlly Thurs. is better for MK. When I visit on my off time I go mid to late week.

Upvote 0

Driver

I would go to MK on Thursday. Everytime I have been to MK on a Saturday, it has been very busy, even during less busy times of year.
Some will say Sat. or Sun. ( not sure why) calling them transition days. Because of folks coming in and/or going back home. Maybe in the past this was so, however these are also the days that the locals are able to come "weekend"! And think like a child if you just got there and you can go to the park the first thing you want to do is go to the MK and see Mickey !! By the end of the week most have been to MK and have moved on to the other parks.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I would go to the MK on Saturday. Sometimes crowds can be a little less that day because it can be a transition day
Except for the fact that being a weekend, you get the locals coming to visit, and late departures want one last trip into MK. I typically avoid MK on the weekend as I found it pretty crazy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom