Where will you travel this summer?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
June, July and August are months when people who still have school aged children at home can travel without their child/children missing any classroom instruction. Yet this thread is for everyone.....raising kids or done with that....or even if you never had 'em to begin with.
Road Trip? Air travel? Cruise?
What are your summer plans?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
As for my family of three, our "for sure" trip (cause the flights are non refundable) is to go to Arizona....2 nights in Phoenix, 2 nights in a lodge in the Grand Canyon, one night in the Northern section of AZ / Page , and one night in Sedona AZ.
If my wife's boss closes her workplace on Monday July 3rd (so this is not yet for sure)we will take a 6 hour road trip to Pittsburgh PA. I have reservations for a Sheraton overlooking the city's skyline for Sat. 7/1 and Sun. 7/2. We'll wait on the wife's boss and take it from there.

21stamps

As for my family of three, our "for sure" trip (cause the flights are non refundable) is to go to Arizona....2 nights in Phoenix, 2 nights in a lodge in the Grand Canyon, one night in the Northern section of AZ / Page , and one night in Sedona AZ.
If my wife's boss closes her workplace on Monday July 3rd (so this is not yet for sure)we will take a 6 hour road trip to Pittsburgh PA. I have reservations for a Sheraton overlooking the city's skyline for Sat. 7/1 and Sun. 7/2. We'll wait on the wife's boss and take it from there.

That sounds amazing!!!

StarWarsGirl

I'm flying down to South Carolina with my grandmother to visit my aunt, my cousins, and her grandchildren. My grandmother hasn't flown in over 20 years, so it makes all of us feel better that she's not going alone.

Then in August, WDW. :)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Some good posts about some vacations that are worth looking forward to.
Thanks to those that shared.
Anybody else?......and........
TOTALLY OPTIONAL, but if you are cruisin'...feel free to share: a)cruisin' to where? b)with what cruise line?

Goofyernmost

Nowhere that is planned. I almost never travel in the summer, and like late fall and winter better for traveling. Years ago it was to get out of the cold of New England, now it is just to get slightly warmer areas than NC in my line of vision.

drcasey

I love Sedona! One of my favorite places in the world, you will love it. My family and I are going to Germany the last week of June and will be staying in a few different towns exploring and of course checking out all the bier gartens!

Rowlet

Disney this weekend to indulge in all things Avatar. In July we'll be heading to Burlington, VT and visiting the surrounding areas (renting a car). Then drive up to Montreal for a few days. In August, back to Disney for my birthday weekend. :)

wdwfan4ver

Door County.

Here is a youtube video I found on one of the villages and I towns I will be seeing in Door County:

Here is a map of all the towns and villages in Door County:
door-county-image-map2.gif

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Disney this weekend to indulge in all things Avatar. In July we'll be heading to Burlington, VT and visiting the surrounding areas (renting a car). Then drive up to Montreal for a few days. In August, back to Disney for my birthday weekend. :)
Say Hi to everyone in Burlington... I probably know them. If you see a city bus that has GMT on the side of it, I used to drive those. If you're going to Montreal... don't forget your passport. Please go to Dunn's Deli and have a Smoked Meat sandwich for me. Thanks! Go to Waterbury and tour the Ben and Jerry's factory. Shelburne Museum is cool too.

Rowlet

Say Hi to everyone in Burlington... I probably know them. If you see a city bus that has GMT on the side of it, I used to drive those. If you're going to Montreal... don't forget your passport. Please go to Dunn's Deli and have a Smoked Meat sandwich for me. Thanks! Go to Waterbury and tour the Ben and Jerry's factory. Shelburne Museum is cool too.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! We'll be in Burlington for 3 days and Montreal for another 3 so definitely trying to do as much as possible.

gdisneyfans

Door County.

Here is a youtube video I found on one of the villages and I towns I will be seeing in Door County:

Here is a map of all the towns and villages in Door County:
door-county-image-map2.gif

Born and raised in Wisconsin and have yet to get to Door County! I've heard it's really pretty in the Fall, so would love to get over there to see the leaves changing colors.

In July we will be heading up to northern Wisconsin for a week - it is so gorgeous in the summer (winter, not so much:joyfull:). In August we are going to brave the heat and humidity and head to WDW:eek:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Dead2009,
I see you have both US coasts covered....there are two Baltimore teams above your WDWMagic name.....I also see the San Jose Sharks and the Angels of LA(sort of/ ha ha)
What are the two remaining teams....top center w/ an "M" and top right with a "B"???

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Dead2009,
I see both US coasts covered....there are two Baltimore teams above your WDWMagic name.....I also see the San Jose Sharks and the Angels of LA(sort of/ ha ha)
What are the two remaining teams....top center w/ an "M" and top right with a "B"???

Well I'm from Baltimore lol so I've pretty much seen it all. The A logo is actually the Arizona Diamondbacks and the other 2 teams are the Terps and the Brigade, both from Maryland lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom