Where to purchase liquor near Disney

Where is a good place to purchase liquor near WDW?
I will be staying off property @ a pool home in Oct.
with 6 friends and a husband in tow. We will be staying right
off of 192 around Old Lake Wilson Road. They do have
liquor stores right? I am from Arkansas and we have
what is called a "dry counties". The Orlando - Kissimmee
area isn't dry is it? We never left the "Disney Bubble" when
we were there in 2000 (stayed at Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Disney) so I never saw any establishments
the Disney busses didn't pass. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance :D

Jennifer/Communicorebabe

Fine, How are you?

birdy4011

You can buy alcohol at any 7 eleven, Walgreens, or grocery store in Florida. (You have to love Florida for that fact alone!)
So, I'm sure whereever you are staying you will be able to find a place close that sells alcohol.
Good luck and have a great time!

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by CommunicoreBabe
Where is a good place to purchase liquor near WDW?
We will be staying right off of 192 around Old Lake Wilson Road. They do have liquor stores right? We never left the "Disney Bubble" when we were there in 2000 (stayed at Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Disney)

I'm not quite sure where it is that you will be staying... however, if you remember the Downtown Disney area, there are a bunch of stores on 535 that sell liquor.

There's a Walgreens right next to the I-4 off ramp that sells liquor... it's right next to the WDW College Program housing, so you'll see lots of college kids there... lol...

Just down the street from there, is an ABC Liquor Store. It's just past Downtown Disney, right in the new Winn-Dixie plaza.

If you're near 192... there will be tons of signs for Liquor... so I wouldn't worry... it's not hard to find.

Hrmmm... you know... for someone who doesn't drink, I sure know a lot of places to get it... lol

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Where is a good place to purchase liquor near WDW? ......staying right off of 192 around Old Lake Wilson Road. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance :D

We're staying near the intersection of 192 and 27 next year, I believe that there are many holiday houses in this area (don't know quite where yours is) but I'm sure they will have supermarkets of some description in the area.
When you've been, please let me know

Upvote 0

CommunicoreBabe

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the info. :D I wasn't sure if I could
take a large bottle of rum as a carry-on so I'm relieved I
won't have to try! Were actually staying at a pool home on
Golden Pond Court, but the closest main road I can find on
a map is (Old?)Lake Wilson Road. Up in Missouri they sell liquor
in the Grocery store, but not her in Arkansas. It's an interesting phenomenon that takes some getting used too. Can't wait
to tell my trip-mates. Thanks Again!

Jen/Communicorebabe
Only 123 more days to go!

Fine, How are you?

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

My lush friend carried the biggest bottle of Crown Royal on the plane, and took an Apple Juice bottle full in the park each day.

When they checked his bag, he said he was diabetic, and it was Apple Juice. And they let him through.

CROWN! GROSS. ACK. GAG.

Now... Absolute Vodka.....

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Thanks so much for all the info. :D I wasn't sure if I could
take a large bottle of rum as a carry-on so I'm relieved I
won't have to try! Were actually staying at a pool home on
Golden Pond Court, but the closest main road I can find on
a map is (Old?)Lake Wilson Road. Up in Missouri they sell liquor
in the Grocery store, but not her in Arkansas. It's an interesting phenomenon that takes some getting used too. Can't wait
to tell my trip-mates. Thanks Again!

The groceries in Florida (as far as I know) do not sell LIQUOR...just wine, beer, and "mixers." If you want rum, whiskey, etc., you'll have to go to a liquor store (which also sells beer and wine) The law might be different downstate, but that's certainly true up here! Also, I don't think the "liquor" stores are open on Sunday, but (at least locally) you can buy wine & beer at Publix, etc.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

stay with a big chain liquor store like wallgreens or abc, those small"supermarket" souveneir dumps charge as much as 200-400% extra mark up. the good news is those places will usually sell it to you after 2:00 when they legally can't sell it anymore

Upvote 0

CommunicoreBabe

Original Poster
Wow, you guys are just full of useful information. The apple
juice bottle suggestion is quite interesting. A diabetic huh? :D
I am used to the no alcohol on Sunday, luckily we are flying in
on Saturday night. :cool: I can remember here in Arkansas as a very little girl you could not buy anything, i.e. no shopping whatsoever on Sunday due to blue laws. Thanks again for all the info, I feel so informed now. :)

Jen/Communicorebabe

Fine, how are you?

Upvote 0

CmdrTostada

The groceries in Florida (as far as I know) do not sell LIQUOR...just wine, beer, and "mixers." If you want rum, whiskey, etc., you'll have to go to a liquor store (which also sells beer and wine) The law might be different downstate, but that's certainly true up here! Also, I don't think the "liquor" stores are open on Sunday, but (at least locally) you can buy wine & beer at Publix, etc.

Yes the grocery stores in Florida do sell hard Liqour. I know that Albertsons sells hard liqour. Also some of the new sams clubs down here have a liqour store, they sell like gallon bottles of crown royal.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hey we had those same Blue Laws in Illinois and Missouri...actually was quiet nice...no one could go shopping...family was home on Sundays...summertime pool parties, barbques, games in the back yard...oh those Blue Law Days...good luck though with your search..hope you find what you want...

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I usually bring liquor with me. Just a bottle of Jack. That why i can have my jack straight up or with coke. The resorts were so expensive. But you are on vacation.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

Originally posted by bgraham34
I usually bring liquor with me. Just a bottle of Jack. That why i can have my jack straight up or with coke. The resorts were so expensive. But you are on vacation.

my gawd you sound like my best friend...that is his favorite drink yuck!!!:hurl: -Trav

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Turbogames

Yes the grocery stores in Florida do sell hard Liqour. I know that Albertsons sells hard liqour. Also some of the new sams clubs down here have a liqour store, they sell like gallon bottles of crown royal.

It must depend upon the county regulations...the groceries in Duval County DO NOT sell hard liquor.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I come from Wisconsin....there would be mass riots if liquor stores were closed any day of the week :) Plus we have the cheapest prices in the country. (don't ask me why)

Then I moved to minnesota...no alcohol sales on sunday? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom