Where to look for Magic Band and Fastpass inclusion ??

raugust

Original Poster
I have a quick question. I have seen the reference, throughout this topic section, to check your MDE every day to see if the Magic Bands and the FastPass + options have been inserted. I can assume (I hope, correctly) that MDE refers to My Disney Experience, on the WDW website. If so, then on my MDE site where would these options appear? I’ll once again assume, that you would find them on the right side (in the let’s get started column) by clicking the Manage Magic Band selection. Right now, all I have in that section are the MVMCP tickets that I linked to each family member in my party. Am I looking in all the wrong places ?? :depressed::depressed:

lostpro9het

Click on the icon circled in yellow to see if you have magic bands, if so you "customize" them. You'd click on the "Make FastPass+ Selections" just below it to make the reservations.:
Untitled-1-1.jpg

raugust

Original Poster
Heeeeeey, what ya know, I assumed correctly. :joyfull::joyfull: Errr, now that means as of now, I am not in the “test group”. :(:(:( Thanks for the reply and more importantly, the help !! T

dreamfinder

I have a quick question. I have seen the reference, throughout this topic section, to check your MDE every day to see if the Magic Bands and the FastPass + options have been inserted. I can assume (I hope, correctly) that MDE refers to My Disney Experience, on the WDW website. If so, then on my MDE site where would these options appear? I’ll once again assume, that you would find them on the right side (in the let’s get started column) by clicking the Manage Magic Band selection. Right now, all I have in that section are the MVMCP tickets that I linked to each family member in my party. Am I looking in all the wrong places ?? :depressed::depressed:

Since you reference MVMCP, I must infer you are traveling in the Nov/Dec time. I don't believe any "testing" has been announced that goes past Oct 31st. As you can see here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...-to-more-resorts-in-september-and-october.htm they slowly added the rest of the resorts leading up to Oct 31st. Does the ramp up indicate a go live? Don't think anyone knows at this point. You may just have to keep checking and listening for announcements of an expansion of dates, or a go live.

Dubman

So, if we are staying at Pop 11/9 - 11/17 we need to hang tight? Nobody, at this point, has had the ability to order Bands and use FastPass+ for the Nov and beyond timeframe?

Rob562

So, if we are staying at Pop 11/9 - 11/17 we need to hang tight? Nobody, at this point, has had the ability to order Bands and use FastPass+ for the Nov and beyond timeframe?

Correct. Some people are hypothesizing that Disney is reducing the window to 30 days before rather than 60 days before. We should know sometime next week when Nov 1 check-ins reach their 30-day point.

-Rob

Dubman

Was able to make all our fastpass+ selections when I got home from work today! Was not available earlier. Still no magic band info, but that can wait.. 11/9 - 11/17 travel dates

raugust

Original Poster
Last evening, I decided to log onto the MDE site and to my shocking surprise, a pop up window appeared giving me the following two options. 1) Customize my Magic Bands and 2) Make my Fast Pass + selections. When I selected #1 first, I was taken to the manage Magic Bands and cards section with no apparent bands showing and just the cards as always. I attempted to migrate back, but alas, no pop up. I logged off and back on, no pop up. I used a different browser, and voila, the pop up. Same result, made a choice and found no bands to choose from. Today, no pop up. A WDW website anomaly ???:(:(:( Or a premature peak into my immediate future !!!!:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

stevehousse

You can now access magic bands for November at all the resorts listed as testing still. We r staying at ASMo 11/12-11/17 and were able to make our FP selections last night! Now as for the magic band, at first it wouldn't come up, someone on the boards suggesting redoing online check in, so I did and right away I was able to customize our bands...

The only odd part was my 2 year old, who doesn't require a ticket for admission, and who doesn't require a FP to book, was able to get a magic band?!?

raugust

Original Poster
I believe that since I am about 65 days out, that is why I am unable to make either the Magic Band or Fast Pass selections. As previously mentioned regarding the pop up window yesterday, I now have a section at the bottom, of my Reservation page, that reminds me that I have yet to make my Fast Pass + selections. If I go to the fast pass + section, I get a pop up stating ” We're Sorry! The selected date must be with in at least one party members Fast Pass + selected date". These are new events. Disney is just screwing with my head !!o_Oo_Oo_O

Gomer

Correct. Some people are hypothesizing that Disney is reducing the window to 30 days before rather than 60 days before. We should know sometime next week when Nov 1 check-ins reach their 30-day point.

-Rob
Not that its strong confirmation, but this morning while working through some issues with my MDE app with Disney's customer support, I was told to expect my magic band invite for my January 4th arrival to come in early December. I asked if he meant November as I thought we would have 60 days to make fastpass reservations. But he said no, its only 30.

I assumed he didn't know what he was talking about and disregarded the comment. But reading your post now, I wonder if he actually knew more than I thought.

ratherbeinwdw

Not that its strong confirmation, but this morning while working through some issues with my MDE app with Disney's customer support, I was told to expect my magic band invite for my January 4th arrival to come in early December. I asked if he meant November as I thought we would have 60 days to make fastpass reservations. But he said no, its only 30.

I assumed he didn't know what he was talking about and disregarded the comment. But reading your post now, I wonder if he actually knew more than I thought.
We are going November 14th. We got our email invite for magic bands two days ago. I was then able to make fastpass selections. So, it's more than 30 days, but not 60.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I got mine at the 53 day mark. I don't think it's being reduced to 30 days, but it does seem like they are rolling out each new month at just over the 30 day mark for the 1st of the month. They just opened November with just over 30 days to go before November 1st. So if your stay is January 4th you will probably be closer to 30 days than 60. Of course that assumes they don't roll the whole thing out fully by November 1st (in time for TWDC year end earnings call).

raugust

Original Poster

And I am going Nov. 30th, and customized my bands yesterday, on the 65th day out. I would just keep checking your MDE and hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom