Where should we eat?!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Totally opinion based by anyone replying.. I am taking 3 friends to Disney World for my senior trip this July and was wondering where do you guys recommend we eat!? We'll be doing the summer deal WDW currently has going, which is including a counter service meal for every day we are in WDW.

My question revolves around a nice dinner at each park. We'll be doing EPCOT one day, MK 2 days, HS 1 day and AK 1 day.

Important: One of my friends is a vegetarian. Another friend cannot eat chocolate, peanut butter, corn chips, and seafood. So definitely a place with lots of variety would be good.

Here is what I have been thinking about... Of this list, or if you have a better recommendation, which would you choose? (My friends have never been to WDW so they have no opinions)

MK-

Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest

EPCOT-
Biergarten Restaurant
The Garden Grill
San Angel Inn

Hollywood Studios-
Hollywood & Vine
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Animal Kingdom-
Rainforest Cafe

Also, we may decide to use our 2nd MK day to go eat dinner at Downtown Disney, so if there are any suggestions there, let me know! We'll be making dining reservations on Feb. 25

Schneewittchen

At MK, I agree Crystal Palace is a good option for the variety. Though I read Be Our Guest also does a good vegan meals.

In Epcot, you might want to consider Restaurant Marrakesh. The assorted salads appetizer - falafel, hummus, tabbouleh and baba ghanoush and the vegetable couscous might work well for you vegetarian friend. And belly dancers....

Buy n' Large

MK- Never eaten at either. Always have eaten at the Liberty Tree Tavern (Their salmon is very good), so I recommend that.
Epcot- Yes, the Biergarten is a very good restaurant, but I prefer the Rose & Crown just for their amazing fish and chips (I've been to London, and Disney's fish and chips are better!)
HW- Only have eaten at the Sci-Fi Dine In and the 50's Prime Time Cafe, the latter of which does not have very good food.
AK- Only have eaten at the Restaurantosaurus, which has some tasty chicken tenders and burgers!

I have not eaten anywhere in Disney Springs, but can safely say that Jiko in AKL Lodge and the California Grill in the Contemperary are my two favorite restaurants in all of Disney. Good luck with making your decisions!

ratherbeinwdw

As a former vegetarian, I highly recommend Crystal Palace, which will also make the non-vegetarians happy. In Epcot, I recommend San Angel. I really couldn't find anything filling at Rainforest that was vegetarian, even though, the place is really unique. I would skip a sit down at AK for a vegetarian. Sci Fi has a really good, vegetarian, shepherd pie. I was always able to find plenty of vegetarian choices at Trail's End, and it is the least expensive buffet onsite. They also have tons of food for everyone else.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'll say Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Sci Fi, and Yak and Yeti instead of Rainforest.

I've always loved Rainforest only because of the scenery. It's quite cozy (yet loud). How good is the food at Yak and Yeti? I see it mentioned quite often on these forums!

As a former vegetarian, I highly recommend Crystal Palace, which will also make the non-vegetarians happy. In Epcot, I recommend San Angel. I really couldn't find anything filling at Rainforest that was vegetarian, even though, the place is really unique. I would skip a sit down at AK for a vegetarian. Sci Fi has a really good, vegetarian, shepherd pie. I was always able to find plenty of vegetarian choices at Trail's End, and it is the least expensive buffet onsite. They also have tons of food for everyone else.

The more I'm researching, I have to agree that Crystal Palace would please everybody. Even my friend who is allergic to almost everything! I've heard mixed reviews on San Angel.. Is it good? I hear the food is good but not worth the price. And we do have to eat at AK because our trip plan is to eat sit down at all locations. Rainforest and Yak & Yeti will probably be fine. It'll get us by!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys! It is really helping!

Do keep in mind, though.. My vegetarian friend may be vegetarian.. But she definitely doesn't eat many veggies and such like salads and fruits. She'll get things like cheese quesadillas or pasta without meat.. Ect. We are a group of teens. So we obviously will not be eating healthy!

Figgy1

Premium Member
In that case skip Marakesh and go to TC instead. buffets have excellent options for anybody on a special diet. I'd also skip Sci Fi. Not so many options. I've never had a veggie burger at Rainforest. BTW I'm vegan and never had too many problems finding food

GeoDonJac34

I've always loved Rainforest only because of the scenery. It's quite cozy (yet loud). How good is the food at Yak and Yeti? I see it mentioned quite often on these forums!

I have only eaten at yak and Yeti one time. I had the Kobe burger, which was very good. The Mrs. had the noodles and she definitely enjoyed them. We usually do counter service in AK. Flame Tree is one of my favorites, but that probably would not be a good choice for vegetarians. I tried Harambe during last trip and liked it a lot. It was tough to find seating though.

HouCuseChickie

Your friend with the food limitations...are these allergies? If they are allergies, you would be far safer by not going strictly on menu and reaching out to special diets instead so they can work with the chefs and customize meals that are safe. A minimum of 4 allergies or an uncommon allergy would qualify them for assistance.

MrHappy

Rainforest is fun, but I don't consider that Disney so I don't go when I'm there. I'd reco Tiffin's at AK assuming it's open - I can't wait to try it! The plans seem to call for a very eclectic menu.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Rainforest is fun, but I don't consider that Disney so I don't go when I'm there. I'd reco Tiffin's at AK assuming it's open - I can't wait to try it! The plans seem to call for a very eclectic menu.
I hope it gets better reviews than Skipper's

bee

Vegetarian here who is also married to a vegetarian, though we both definitely love our veggies. We also spend most of our time in Epcot so that's what I can mainly speak to. We love Biergarten for all the salads, cheeses, noodle dishes, vegetable sides, and desserts. We like to get the last lunch reservation (around 3:00) so we can pay lunch prices but be full enough not to need dinner later. We also like Spice Road Table and Via Napoli for a variety of veggie options, as opposed to just A VEGGIE BURGER or A PASTA DISH. Chefs de France has some nice veg options as well, and La Hacienda de San Angel (the one on the water, not in the pyramid) has a separate vegetarian menu with four choices (last I checked). San Angel Inn food was kind of meh (and very vegetable-centric, which your friend may not like) but you really go there more for the ambiance than the food.

Last time we went to Sci-Fi there were two nice hearty vegetarian options.

Be Our Guest has one veg option at dinner and it's a ratatouille which is heavy on vegetables. I loved it but your friend may not.

Regarding your allergic friend: when you make the reservation there is an option to select allergies and dietary restrictions. In addition, you should call the restaurant in advance to verify that the chef will be able to prepare something for you, and when you arrive make sure you tell the host/ess that you have allergies in your party. The chef should come speak to you to make sure the food prepared is safe.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Regarding your allergic friend: when you make the reservation there is an option to select allergies and dietary restrictions. In addition, you should call the restaurant in advance to verify that the chef will be able to prepare something for you, and when you arrive make sure you tell the host/ess that you have allergies in your party. The chef should come speak to you to make sure the food prepared is safe.
Your friend with the food limitations...are these allergies? If they are allergies, you would be far safer by not going strictly on menu and reaching out to special diets instead so they can work with the chefs and customize meals that are safe. A minimum of 4 allergies or an uncommon allergy would qualify them for assistance.

Thank you for this tip! Last year this actually happened! We addressed my friend's food allergy on seafood and the chef came out to speak with us. Honestly, that's like a bonus for us! It's pretty cool. :) I will definitely remember that, to be on the safe side. Thanks!

HouCuseChickie

Thank you for this tip! Last year this actually happened! We addressed my friend's food allergy on seafood and the chef came out to speak with us. Honestly, that's like a bonus for us! It's pretty cool. :) I will definitely remember that, to be on the safe side. Thanks!

This is the link to their portion of the website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

...and their email address. Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com

One of my kids is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. She doesn't qualify for their services since she 'only' has two common allergies, but they gave me some good pointers when I did reach out to them and I got to see the detailed form they have those that do qualify complete. Those I know who have worked with them have nothing but glowing rave reviews and have said it means they can eat anywhere. For us, I always make sure our ADRs have the allergies on them, I confirm it's on there when I check in for the reservation, and then I confirm again with our server...since sometimes the chef will come out and sometimes (especially at signature spots) the server knows the menu and issues well enough to cover the concerns. If it's a Special Diets matter, you will almost always get the chef since it may require them to make custom food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom