Where is Walt Disney now?

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Where is Walt Disney buried?
Or is he buried?
A long time ago, I heard a rumor that his body was put in some sort of capsule.
Is this true?
:confused:

Enderikari

Er what?
Walt passed away on December 15th, not 25th.
He was cremated and his remains are interred in Forest Lawn Cemetary in Glendale, CA

Champion

Thanks for clearing that one up for me!
I had forgotten that he died on Christmas Day - how sad:cry:
It seems like they should have a more ornate plaque at his grave site (maybe w/ a golden Mickey Mouse on it):veryconfu
:wave:

They don't want lots of visitors to his grave.

Thus the small site.

slappy magoo

Thanks for clearing that one up for me!
I had forgotten that he died on Christmas Day - how sad:cry:
It seems like they should have a more ornate plaque at his grave site (maybe w/ a golden Mickey Mouse on it):veryconfu

1: According to imdb.com, he died on the fifteenth, not Christmas Day, as enderikari said.

2: No offense, but why is his death sad, compared to...? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but I just don't get why his death is sad compared to someone or anyone else's.

3: Considering what a hands-on detail-oriented person he was in life, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the simple plaque he has on the entrance to his mausoleum, which he shares with his wife and daughter, is the plaque he wanted.

k.hunter30

Is there a photo of his gravesite?

I've visited Al Capone's gravesite and, as you can imagine, people wanted to keep it hidden. So if people didn't want a lot of tourist traffic through to see Mr. Disney's site, I'd like to know what they did and how it looks.

Computer Magic

2: No offense, but why is his death sad, compared to...? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but I just don't get why his death is sad compared to someone or anyone else's.

I can't speak for the OP, but I think he died too young. He didn't see his WDW dream come to reality. However, he did lead a full life. But I would be sad for anyone under those circumstances...

lilclerk

Is there a photo of his gravesite?

I've visited Al Capone's gravesite and, as you can imagine, people wanted to keep it hidden. So if people didn't want a lot of tourist traffic through to see Mr. Disney's site, I'd like to know what they did and how it looks.

There's a link to the photo in the Snopes.com article.

ErickainPA

rcapolete said:
1: According to imdb.com, he died on the fifteenth, not Christmas Day, as enderikari said.

According to the copy of his death certificate on snopes.com he did in fact die on dec. 25,1966, there is a link on the snopes page from above.

Actually if you look closely, it's the 15th like has been said. It's an old typewriter, but the copy that was scanned was not a super clean copy, thus the reason it looks like 25. The date the certificate was filled out with the funeral director was December 16, 1966. The coroner certification also says the 15th as date of death. Disney died 10 days after his birthday.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Actually if you look closely, it's the 15th like has been said. It's an old typewriter, but the copy that was scanned was not a super clean copy, thus the reason it looks like 25. The date the certificate was filled out with the funeral director was December 16, 1966. The coroner certification also says the 15th as date of death. Disney died 10 days after his birthday.
Yes...you are correct!...:D
He did die on Dec. 15th.
It sures does look like the 25th on the certificate doesn't it?
Thanks for clearing that one up!

wbt06

i read the neweat biography of walt and yeas it said the 15 10 days after his birthday. and no he would not have wanted something huge. he was a very personal person. he did not have very many friends in his life. this is sad but true. he also had his uncle walt satus to uphold so he would have wanted it simple. he liked to seem like he was an ordinary simple aprochable man. this carryed on to his death.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster

3: Considering what a hands-on detail-oriented person he was in life, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the simple plaque he has on the entrance to his mausoleum, which he shares with his wife and daughter, is the plaque he wanted.
Dying on a major holiday is kinda sad - although now I know that he died on the 15th - but, he was not finished w/ his work - that's sad.
I'm glad that his brother was able to continue the project.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom